Closed Thread
Page 30 of 107 FirstFirst ... 2028293031324080 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Good Luck Jed! Safe Trip! Cant wait to hear how its all going.
    WJ

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Jed - just wanted you to know that yourself and DH are in my thoughts. I am guessing you would be well on your way to Saffa land right now, if not already have landed. May your dreams be realized with this journey and that you have a further Springbok to add to the herd. Best thoughts and wishes to the two of you. Xxx

AFM - back home and taking it easy. Rested most of yesterday much like a zombie and up with the birds today. Had a repeat BHCG yesterday and the levels were 803, so at this stage doubling every 27.5 hrs thereabouts.

Amazingly, met another Australian woman in the boarding line who had been to SA to undertake a donor cycle with CFC. I told her about the thread and she did indicate being aware of bub hub. So if you happen to be having a silent read, we wish youths very best with your upcoming BT.

Thanks again Girls for all of your support whilst we were away. I really needed the grounding connection.

In closing GOOOOOO JED

Thanks
    Reviews
    Wow Laned, thats fantastic! your doubling times are very good...you must be feeling a bit seedy though after all that flying...how was business class? Its a nice way to travel, eh? and couldnt have come at a more opportune time!
    I am now 13 weeks, and feeling quite good. Everyone who needs to know I am pg knows, and now I can just bunker down for the long haul. Two more weeks of work, then 2 weeks of hols, then 10 more weeks of work, then 6 weeks of hols, then maternity leave!!! I feel very lucky to be where i am right now.
    Are you there yet, Jed? Thinking of you. WJ

4. The Following User Says Thank You to wilson joy For This Useful Post:

laned  (11-09-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Ladies!

Glad to hear that you are back home safe and sound Ianed and great to hear that your numbers are so good!! You must be feeling a bit dazed and confused still - I know I am! That flight is sooooo long, particularly as we had to fly from NZ to Sydney first and then 14 hours to J'burg and then another 2 hours to Cape Town - nearly missed our flight to Cape Town too - in the end we had to sprint for it but even still our bags didn't make it.

Feeling a little bit overwhelmed at the moment (jet lag isn't helping of course) but hoping that our appt with Dr Wiswedel later on this morning will help a little bit. He is going to be giving me an intralipid infusion this afternoon to try to calm my immune system down prior to transfer next week's transfer. Am looking forward to hearing how my donor's scan went on Sat.

And WJ - 13 weeks already - wow! Sounds like you have a few holiday's planned which will be good - can imagine things will get quite tiring for you as you get into the second and third trimester with two bubs on board!

How are you going Helen? Have you made a decision re your protocol yet? If you are anything like me you must be getting really impatient to book your flights!

Big to everyone else!

6. The Following User Says Thank You to JED For This Useful Post:

laned  (11-09-2012)

helenmac is offline After 3 yrs of tcc I've got a BFP!
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Ladies,

Laned - Fantastic new's that your HCG levels are doubling. So pleased to hear!! YAY!!

Wilsonjoy - It's lovely knowing that you are now in the safe period! First trimester OVER!! Great that you can finally share that you are pregnant and so exciting that you have so many holiday's to look forward too!

Jed - Oh I know the flight is SO long!! Glad to hear you survived it!! Wishing you all the best for embie numbers. I didn't know that CFC did intripilids there. Can you tell me more? Do you have high nk cells? Why are you having the treatment? Looking forward to all your updates and enjoy yourself sight seeing!

AFM: Sadly, I'm no where near ready to book my flights. I'm STILL waiting to clarify which drug protocol I'll be going on. I can't get another apointment with my Dr until the end of this month which is most frustrating but what can u do! I actually don't expect I'll be going over until Nov/Dec time now.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to helenmac For This Useful Post:

laned  (11-09-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Wilson - thanks Hun. Yes business class was an amazing experience and one we are sure never to experience again I am sure. Notwithstanding being able to sleep for approx 5.5 hours, I still have ended up with time adjustment issues. being up now is going to make work interesting this afternoon.

Jed - great to hear from you. Wow, your arrival sounds very hectic indeed. I hope that you are feeling a bit more relaxed and reassured having met with Dr Wiswedel. I also hope you luggage eventually got to you. Sending great vibes your way. Look forward to hearing of your donors numbers.

Helenmac - thanks for the warm wishes. There is always waiting in the fertility game and it is SOOOOOO frustrating. Is there anyway to go on a standby list I case someone cancels? I feel very sorry for you, the waiting wild be driving me bonkers.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Ladies!

Helen - you must be so frustrated - there is sooo much waiting involved with this whole process isn't there. But hopefully the end of the month will be here before you know it and then after that hopefully you will be able to firm up a treatment protocol so you can move forward. With regards to the Intralipid - I contacted Dr Wiswedel about the issues that I seem to have with implantation and I mentioned that I had a borderline result for NK cells with Dr Sacks a few years back. He then suggested an Intralipid infusion and said that although he is sitting on the fence as to whether he thought it useful or not, there are very few side effects with it so he thought it couldn't hurt. So I had that at the clinic on Monday - the only downside is that you have to sit there for 2 hours while they do the infusion but its not painful and I haven't had any side effects. Its meant to suppress your NK cells but no-one really knows why it works? Perhaps google it a bit and if its something you'd be interested then mention it to your RE over here (can't remember if you are seeing Dr Wiswedel or not?).

Ianed - how are you going hun? How was your first day back at work? Have you managed to get over your jet lag yet? How are you feeling about everything - still pinching yourself I'm sure - I know it will take a while to sink in if we are lucky enough to get a positive result!

Summershine and WJ - hope all going well for both of you!

AFM - our donor's egg collection is today so keep your fingers crossed for us that we get a good number of eggs. We are more nervous about transfer day because we have never been 100% sure whether our problem is more of an egg or sperm problem (my dh has low morphology and moderate DNA fragmentation) so there is a chance if the sperm is more of the problem that we could end up with no blasts on day 5 BUT am trying to think positively and hoping that the good eggs will go some way to overcoming the issues with dh's sperm.

Not that happy with our hotel though - quite dark and cold and its quite far from the waterfront which we tend to be spending most of our time so costing us a fortune in taxi's! But we did a hop on hop off bus tour yesterday and went up table mountain which was good - although I didn't have any sunscreen and my face and chest are now a lovely shade of bright red!

Anyway - will update you all once we know how many eggs we get today! Thanks everyone for your support!

Jed

Thanks
    Reviews
    Just a quick update from me - our donor got 14 eggs today so pretty happy with that. Now the nervous wait to find out how many fertilise!

Had a 'moment' in the clinic though when the nurse was showing me how to inject the gestone with those horrid horse needles!!! When she told me I had to put that huge needle all the way in I just burst into tears!!! I think I'm just feeling a bit emotional at the moment and that was just the straw that broke the camel's back!

Btw - I was just wondering if any of you bfp ladies had a thinnish lining at your last scan? Mine was only 7.8mm this morning and I hear that they like it to be over 8mm to give you the best chance?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hey Jed

Great to hear from you. 14 is an awesome number. Keeping everything crossed for great fert rates.

As for your lining it should bulk up with the gestone, have they increased your Proganova too?

I am sure the nurse has dealt with many others who are overwhelmed by the process, so do be too hard on yourself.

Ask your hotel to move you to another room, which is brighter. Tell them it's for medical reasons.

As for taxis there are many which advertise R10/km. I have the contact for a driver who charges this if you need just let me know. The other option is car hire. I rang around and with full insurance was able to rent a car for R270/day. Driving in Capetown is pretty easy and a lot cheaper than taxis.

Sending you good vibes. Grow embies grow. Xxx

Hello to everyone else

AFM Work is good. The crew had a morning tea on my return and are all very excited. I am blessed to work in a supportive environment.

Unfortunately though a few of them have been and are quite unwell. I had what appeared to be the start of a sore throat this evening and gargled betadine gargle. Big mistake, read liable afterwards to read not recommended during pregnancy. Then freaked out and rinsed and rinsed my mouth out. Now hoping that I haven't done anything to potentially harm the fetus. I feel really reckless and stupid for having not read it before hand. No moping in reading the labels after the event.

I attended to google searches and ended emailing a drugs guru. Hopefully all will be well. I have follow up BT on Friday.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Jed - I am truly hanging out for some news. I have been thinking of you daily and hope you are trying to relax and soak up the beautiful surrounds of Cape Town. Sending you hugs and best wishes. Xxx