Closed Thread
Page 28 of 107 FirstFirst ... 1826272829303878 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Laned, I know exactly how you feel...I had a horror time on the progesterone, and the coctail of drugs over time, and all the stress of our first cycle and I too was in a difficult place within. My partner and I had a pretty hard time together after transfer, and things only got better when I did my bt. It is a ****ty, stressful time, but it will pass, and after wed, you will have a new plan one way or another. As you know, I returned for a second cycle a 6 weeks later, and actually being in CT alone in that weird frame of mind was the best thing I could have done. My mum wanted to come with me, but with an already precarious relationship, I told her that the meds make me crazy, and it would not be good for us to go together.
    So what I am saying is, go easy on yourself, do something nice just for you, and be mindful that this whole process has been difficult for you both. In my flurry of anger and sadness, I had not really considered the impact the whole experience had on the fella. Huge cyberhug for you, WJ xxx

2. The Following User Says Thank You to wilson joy For This Useful Post:

laned  (05-09-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh Ianed - big hugs to you! I totally hear you - the drugs send me round the bend too and dh and I have had many a humdinger of a fight during a cycle - which is when you need them to be supportive most of all! One night during our last IVF cycle I remember storming out of the house into the night in the middle of winter and then getting even madder at him for not following me!! And then - like you - spent the next few hours worrying whether all the stress had ruined my chances.

I find everything seems better in the morning though so just try to concentrate on getting through the evening and then start again afresh tomorrow. I am a firm believer in 'what will be will be' so don't worry about the argument getting in the way of a bfp on Wed. Big for your BT!!!

Lovely to hear that Dr Wiswedel is so nice as he is my RE at CFC.

WJ - hope your scan shows that your two little bubs are growing and that all is well!! Btw - how did you get your SA clinic (were you with CFC?) to agree to you using crinone instead of gestone? I wanted to use Utrogestan pesseries instead but they are insisting on the gestone. From what I've heard those gestone needles are bl**dy scary!!!

Helen - sounds like you are making headway at least. All the different drug protocols are really confusing but I find that google is pretty helpful. Have you considered doing Intralipid therapy? Its supposed to be really good for implantation issues and NK cells and Dr Wiswedel is considering whether it might be useful for me since I have had so many failed cycles.

Summershine - how are you going? Have you got a date for your 12 week scan set?

AFM - 3 more days - Arghh! Btw - girls do you get to find out how your donor's scans go along the way to get an idea of follicles etc or is the first you find out about your donor after egg collection?

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Jed02 For This Useful Post:

laned  (05-09-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Jed, I just insisted on crinone and I got it! if you say you have a peanut allergy ,they put you on crinone anyway, because the oil they suspend the progesterone in is nut oil, and some women get very big welts and worse from it. I just couldnt cope with doing it all on my ownsome in Cape Town, and I am SUCH a sooky lala with needles at the best of times!!
    update from Moi:
    2 Healthy little bubs bouncing around in there, doing exactly as they are meant to, so we are relieved and happy! My partner has finally relaxed about it, and took the pics to work with him this afternoon...soo sweet!! When they did the calculation for down syndrome, they said 1:300 was a good result, but we got 1:21000, so that is fantastic. Strike day tomorrow, so feeling all revved up and rah rah! xx WJ

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Wilson - most importantly, excellent news re the bubs. I am so happy for you and I am sure that you let out a hughe breath with yet another hurdle jumped. How gorgeous re your partner. Very cute indeed.

Thanks again for your support it is always helpful and reassuring that others have gone through the same motions.

Jed - likewise thanks Hun. As above glad to hear I am not the only one. Truly, you will be so pleased with Dr Wiswedel he is a lovely man and instantly out me at ease. I am in the healthcare profession, so am very critical. In this regard I cannot sing his praises enough. We will definitely be doing any future treatment with him. As for the shots, I was getting DH to do mine, however, last night with him in the bad books I stubbornly attended to it myself. Surprisingly it didn't seem to hurt as much. The only thing I have is a lumpy bum and some of the old injection sites have become a tad itchy. I too didn't really want to do the progesterone injections, but did so on the recommendation of my Brissy FS.

Will post an update within next 24 hrs in relation to results. I don't really feel anything other than being a bit tired this arvo. That said it is probably due to yesterday's emotional roller coaster. Hoping for a SA miracle.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Laned - I'm so excited for you . I have been following you SA journey. Fingers crossed babe
    As you know I maybe heading over one day too. I'm just not quite ready and want to do one last cycle with my eggs then head over. It probably wont be till this time next year.

Big hugs babe and all the best. We'll have to have a catchup over a coffee sometime soon :P

Amanda

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Amandamoo For This Useful Post:

laned  (06-09-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Great news WJ - huge weight off your mind i am sure!

Good luck for tomorrow Ianed - will be thinking of you and hoping you get a big fat positive!!!

10. The Following User Says Thank You to JED For This Useful Post:

laned  (06-09-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Ianed I think everyone has gone through a similar situation and I'm sure once your other half has had time to cool down all will be well. When I initially researched my donor was in Jburg I tried to find info on Medfem but found one mention and the people said they had trouble contacting Medfem, I did send them a couple of emails with questions. And they never got back to me so I decided to goto CFCs as I heard wonderful things about them at least it's out there now we all know not to use its not worth te stress. It's going to be a positive result anyway I'm sure of it.

When I went my doc was changing the protocol from injections to crinone but I preferred the injections it doesn't make any difference anyway so I guess u can just ask your FS.

Wj great news

Jed good luck

Helen it's great to know they are sorting your issues out

Welcome to the new ies to the thread.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to JodiW For This Useful Post:

laned  (06-09-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Amanda sweetie, so glad to hear from you. Many thanks for your kind wishes more than happy to catch up and fill you in on the experience. You will note following our decision to cease our IVF journey that I dropped off the Brissy thread. I hope all works out well for you. Much love x

Thanks Jed. You must be getting so excited.

Jodie - indeed. Just to highlight how awesome CFC is, Dr Wiswedel was the one to deliver good news to us this morning and I am not even his patient. Amazing man to say the least.

Yes that right ladies we have been blessed with a positive result of a bHCG of 164 and are heading home with a sprinbok on board. As you can all appreciate, whilst excited, we have a long road ahead. That said, we couldn't resist buying the tiniest Spingbok jersey for him or her. Thank you all for your support. You have all made the journey and experience so much easier xxx

14. The Following User Says Thank You to laned For This Useful Post:

Amandamoo  (06-09-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Woohoo Ianed - what fantastic news!! So excited for you guys! I had a feeling that expanded blast would come through for you! Here's hoping for a happy, healthy and uneventful next 8 months!

16. The Following User Says Thank You to JED For This Useful Post:

laned  (06-09-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Laned - OMG!!! How exciting Congratulations babe
    How many nights are you staying in SA all up? I can't wait to follow your journey!
    Bigs hugs babe
    Amanda

18. The Following User Says Thank You to Amandamoo For This Useful Post:

laned  (06-09-2012)