Closed Thread
Page 26 of 107 FirstFirst ... 1624252627283676 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Laned,
    My blasto's were expanding and they both stuck, so you are in with a very good chance, as expanding blastos are the best quality possible! Fingers and toes crossed tightly for you. Rest up, eat a few chunks of gorgeous african pineapple every day, and you'll be home in no time. Isnt it amazing to get up close to those big animals? Pilansberg is brimming with all kinds. We stayed one night in a safari tent on our way to Mosethla. It was a public holiday, and every single SA family was out camping...as the arvo rolled on the brai's started firing up and by dusk the pall of smoke from those engaging in the national obsession was like a pea soup fog!!! very funny! Anyway, its great to hear from you Laned, I had wondered how you were going, and checked every day for news, so now I can relax! Hi to everyone else, where have you all been???WJ

2. The Following User Says Thank You to wilson joy For This Useful Post:

laned  (26-08-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Dear Wilson, many thanks for your encouraging words of support. Your beautiful words in combo with the hormones have me here shedding a tear. I will get some pineapple today. Xx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Ianed,

I can understand that you are disappointed at not getting any frosties - its such a huge undertaking, both financially and emotionally to go all the way over to SA to chase our dreams so its only natural that we want to maximise our chances! That said, it sounds like you have one fantastic quality embryo and one embryo with a good fighting chance on board so the odds are still in your favour to get those magic two lines on a pregnancy test in a few days time. I know from experience that this week is the absolute hardest wait and you can drive yourself slowly mad but I have absolutely everything crossed that you get some wonderful and well deserved news in a few days time!

Thinking of you!

Jed

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Jed02 For This Useful Post:

laned  (28-08-2012)

helenmac is offline After 3 yrs of tcc I've got a BFP!
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Laned,

I agree with the others an expanding blasto is fanstastic quality and this little one will stick!!! I hope you are having a wonderful time exploring SA and wishing you all the very best, thinking of you.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to helenmac For This Useful Post:

laned  (28-08-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    You girls are truly beautiful.

Much thanks to Jed and Helenmac for your recent posts.

Jed - not long now Hun. You must be getting excited.

We toured the apartheid museum yesterday and Soweto today. Very emotional places. Went to Nelson Mandela's house. Truly an amazing man.

Checked with the lab and definitely no embeds to freeze. So everything crossed at least one of these babies stick.

Thank you all again. Your warm wishes and support are greatly appreciated. My husband gets cross with me when I express any anxiety. He holds the view any negativity will impact our chances.

Thanks
    Reviews
    laned I have everything crossed for you. I agree with the other girls a hatching blasty is a good sign. Plus you have to remember these are from young eggs and really it is all about the eggs.
    My husband told me off about the negative attitude too. I remember coming home on the plane thinking it hasn't worked it hasn't worked I would know if it worked. Well I didn't know and it had worked and DH took some delight in pointing out that I don't know everything haha.
    I will be sending lots of good thoughts your way.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to SummerShine For This Useful Post:

laned  (30-08-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Many thanx Summer. Hoping all will work out. Even so, planning ahead and have contacted Cape Fertitlity by email to see if they will freeze some of DH sperm in case I have to come back. We have decided for a number of issues that any future treatment we have will be through Cape Fertility Centre.

Cape Town is beautiful and a lot cleaner than Joburg. Have just had a lazy day today, shopping and eating. Will get back into the tourist mode tomorrow.

I cannot recommend the Protea North Wharf hotel enough. We are in a large one bedroom self contained and fully serviced apartment. With the shops and food market close by we are able to cook for ourselves and attend to our washing with a washer dryer. We also have the option for the hotel to attend to this and they have 24 room service also. It is lovely and spacious with a great view and was reasonable with breakfast incl.

Wilson - you are not wrong about the pineapple. YUM

Thanks
    Reviews
    Great to hear from you Laned, and yes that pineapple is sooo good! If you go back and read our story throughout ther thread, you will see that that is what we did after our first cycle, so if the need is there, (fingers crossed it wont be) you have another shot.
    On your comment regarding sigtseeing, I read the new Mandela biography whilst there and seeing major apartheid sights just puts the history of SA into perspective. If you go to Cape town dont miss Robben Island.
    Time is ticking by and I hope youre doing ok with the wait wait waiting! Not long to go now. Take Care, WJ
    Summer, how are you going? been thinking of you and waiting for an update!

13. The Following User Says Thank You to wilson joy For This Useful Post:

laned  (01-09-2012)

helenmac is offline After 3 yrs of tcc I've got a BFP!
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Laned - I wanted to add that my hubby is exactly the same, he doesn't want me to think negatively during the 2ww. I know he has good intentions but it adds pressure and no matter how you think it isn't going to change the outcome of what is to be. For me I tend to think the worst to prepare myself so the fall isn't so great.
    You have a very, very good chance with that hatching blasto so I'm hoping that you have some BFP news soon. Wishing you the best

15. The Following User Says Thank You to helenmac For This Useful Post:

laned  (01-09-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    laned Def go and see Robben Island. CFC will freeze the sperm I'm surprised they didn't ask you if you wanted to do that. I did the poas the day before my period was due I got a negative and I also had AF cramping or so I thought, the positive bloods was a real shock and I mopped around the last two days for no reason. Don't be tempted by those horrible stick things, keep your mind occupied and happy, enjoy your time and u will give the little blasto a fighting chance. I'm sending you lots of sticky vibes

17. The Following User Says Thank You to JodiW For This Useful Post:

laned  (01-09-2012)