Closed Thread
Page 22 of 107 FirstFirst ... 1220212223243272 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Jodie W - thank you kindly for your post of support. I have calmed down now. How is your little one going?

Sahndi - Congratulations on your wonderful news. I love reading stories like yours, as it gives me hope that maybe just maybe we might have a chance at parenthood.

Jenny - thanks for the reassurance.

AFM - we are now leaving a day earlier, just in case the extra time is required. I was worried the plane may be delayed. So the extra time should hopefully account for any unforeseen travel issues. That said, we had to forfeit $40.00 already outlayed for seat selection and pay a $267.00 fee for the administrative costs (good old QANTUS).

Thanks
    Reviews
    Limboland between ultrasound/ heartbeats and 1st ob appt ...anxious again!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi ladies!

Ianed - so glad to hear that you are back on track again. Good idea changing to an earlier flight - things will be stressful enough without worrying about missing flights too. How did your egg safari party go? What date do you fly out now?

Helen - No worries about the tests - I think I might see how we go with this cycle but I might follow your lead and consult a repro immunologist if we don't have any luck. Have you booked an appt for your biopsy yet?

Sahndi - thanks for sharing your story with us. And Congratulations! What clinic did you go through if you don't mind me asking?

WJ - The waiting never ends does it! First its for that all important hcg bt and then its scans etc etc. When is your next scan date/ob appt? Big that you get to see those two little heartbeats again soon!

As for me - well everything is pretty much booked now. Booked our accom today too - we are going to stay in some self catering appartments called the Mandela Rhodes. You got me thinking Ianed with your concerns re your donor's cycle as my clinic hasn't told me anything about my donor's treatment plan - do you think it would be rude to ask?

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Jed02 For This Useful Post:

laned  (31-07-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Wilson J - this whole fertility game just seems to involve waiting, waiting and more waiting. First, it is with the cycle, then the TWW, then for the scans. A BH friend once wrote it is unfortunate that those going through this process do not get to simply naively enjoy a pregnancy, but rather have to be consumed with fear.

When is your next scan? I have everything crossed for those beautiful bubbas.

Jed - how exciting that you have everything booked it definitely makes it feel more real. I do not believe there is a problem with you asking for information in relation to your donors cycle. God only knows what could of happened if I hadn't confirmed mine. This process is not something you have entered in to lightly. It is a monumental and potentially life changing experience for you and you have every right to ask questions and be reassured.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Wilson J - crossing fingers for good news next scan. I would have loved to have twins, but only one of my two embryos transferred survived so far.

Jed02 I went with Cape Fertility Clinic. I was happy with the clinic but ended up being VERY UNHAPPY with my donor agency and the donor I chose - I don't think I was given all the relevant information until well after I had paid, and their terms are that if you change donors late in the stage (which is when I found out certain things about my donor) you lose all your money. So had to stick with the donor and it is for that reason I believe I have spent $20,000 including going to SA just to end up with 2 viable eggs from the whole process (out of 18 eggs so the more eggs doesn't necessarily equal good enough eggs!). Unfortunately only 1 of those became an embryo that has made it to 7 weeks. Even my Dr in Cape Town said he would expect at least 5-6 frozen embryos from the process from such a young donor (22 years old). So asking LOTS of questions early on and not feeling pushed into a particular donor by the agency is something I have learned for next time - cz even if this one holds, I will want to try for a sibling sometime.

Also anxious - my next scan tomorrow and haven't been feeling like things are going well so crossing fingers for me too. As my donor didn't produce enough viable eggs I don't have any frozen embryos so if this one doesn't take I will need to save up to try all over again.....

Yes, it is a waiting game. Going down any IVF / egg donation path is full of so many IFs and MAYBEs and lots of waiting in between, and for lots of us, a lot of pain in between treatments. I just hope everyone on this thread has lots of luck this time around!

Thanks
    Reviews
    PS does anyone else feel a bit uncomfortable that the moderators allow commercial agenciloinoin this thread? Kind of dampens open communication about agencies in SA if one of them keeps plugging their wares on this site to us? Maybe its just me that finds it a bit weird.
    Last edited by Mod-biscotti; 08-08-2012 at 10:38. Reason: Removing name

Thanks
    Reviews
    agree!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Sahndi, Jed 02 and Laned,
    My ob appointment is on the 20thAug sooo long to wait! and yes, there is so much waiting every step of the way! Feeling well, sore boobs, smell sensitivity, and rather tired in the evening. Oh and a few murky sensations in the abdomen in the arvo, remedied by a bit of a snack! Sahndi what agency did you use?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Sandhi, agree totally. I started this thread however not sure if I can do anything about it.

The aim of this thread was for open communication between IPs as support for those on the journey, making others journey easier as the unknown was becoming somewhat known.

I encourage all to still give your opinions.

I will not be using baby2mom if I go again.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Tried to send message to the moderator. But it wouldn't go through, will try again later.