Closed Thread
Page 20 of 107 FirstFirst ... 1018192021223070 ... LastLast
    helenmac is offline After 3 yrs of tcc I've got a BFP!
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Phone apointment

Hi Ladies,

I had my phone appointment with Dr. Matthias (Reproductive Immunologist) and he was so lovely. We discussed all my medical history and he's suggested I have more immune testing (blood tests) and if they are all clear we'll discuss his recommended immune protocol. If they are not all clear then further extenstive blood testing is recommended and will be sent over to Chicargo.
    Also - When we were in Cape Town we met up with a friend of my Dad's (& his wife) at the Table Bay Hotel and had the famous high tea. They were such a beautiful couple and we all got on so well together. Anyway, they have invited me to stay at their home for the duration of my next FET!!! It is such a lovely gesture (which I'll take up!!) and it will save me so much on accomodation. They live in Durbanville which is about 40 minutes from the clinic so I could manage that with hire car and gps. Thing's are looking up!

WJ - Great HCG numbers! So exciting!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Helenmac, how lovely to be able to stay with your Dad's friends...having a home to stay in with nice people will be just the thing for a relaxing and comfy stay.
    Jed02, yes I am a bit panicked about going back to work, but as I have about 3 months worth of sick leave, I will use it if things really bother me...I havent come this far for a work mishap. Hope you are all well, I am feeling teensy waves of nausea, but nothing dramatic thus far, oh..and my stomach is quite bloated, but it seems to go up and down as the day progresses..ugh!! Have a good weekend! WJ

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi,

WJ - Our clinic was GIVF in the United States.
    At the beginning I was always on the look out for people as they approached especially with shopping trolleys at the supermarket. My hands were always ready to stick out to protect my belly.

helenmac - It is always better to stay with people than a hotel. Nothing beats some home cooking and nice company when in another country.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi All,
    Last blood test was 26000 so I am off for a scan on friday. Wow! And we are getting a little more optimistic about our prospects. I also spoke to my assistant principal about changing my duties as I am vey scared of a few violent students we have. So hopefully, I will feel safer, and enjoy the coming months.
    Bye for now, WJ

Thanks
    Reviews
    WilsonJoy - WOW those numbers are amazing!! You must be so happy and relieved that it's progressing so well. All the very best for the scan tomorrow, I wonder how many in there?? Good on you for changing your duties, you have to put yourself first and not take any risks.

How is everyone else progressing??

AFM: I will have my immune blood test results in 1 weeks so hoping there is nothing else that comes up Can't wait to move forward and make some plans for my final FET.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Helen Mac - all the very best for your upcoming tests. I sincerely hope you get the very best outcome in your pending FET. How lovely it will be for you to stay in a home.

Wilson J - They are absolutely fantastic numbers. I am so pleased for you

Jed - thinking of you. How are your plans going?

AFM - sorry I haven't been on line for a while. I was sick in bed for three days and then our Internet was down for a couple days. Hope all are well. Xx
    Last edited by laned; 19-07-2012 at 19:15.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hello Ladies,
    Just got back from the scan...thought I was going to pop with all that water bouncing around in me! Anyway, we are pregnant with twins! Saw and heard the little heartbeats and now it seems real. Wow!! The shock has set in, as well as the happiness, but we do have 6 weeks til we can confidently say we are out of the woods! Thought there might be 2 in there!! Thanks to you all for keeping me buoyant through this challenging time. I hope I can support you the way you have supported me. WJ xxx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi,

Double congratulations WJ! Thought your HCG results were pretty high for just one. We were extremely happy too but daunted by what we needed to do. We need a bigger house, bigger car and 2 of everything!
    I would also suggest taking it easy and not stressing or over doing anything. My doctor has put me on bed rest for over half of the pregnancy. Luckily I have the sick leave and annual leave to cover it.

Hope your next 6 weeks are uneventful and quiet.
    Congrats again,

Sal

Thanks
    Reviews
    WJ - awesome, awesome, awesome. What very exciting news for you. May you and your beautiful twinnies have an uneventful pregnancy

Thanks
    Reviews
    WJ - Such exciting news two little bubs thriving in there!!! I you had a feeling you were pregnant with twins!! Take care of yourself. So happy for you and your DH!