Closed Thread
Page 19 of 107 FirstFirst ... 917181920212969 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Wilson J - that is fantastic news . Thank you for sharing the joy.

Jed - how you going with your plans?

AFM - sent out invitations to our egg donor party yesterday. We want to celebrate the journey without closest friends, even if it doesn't end in a positive. Got hopefully all the vaccinations I will need for the trip today 4 in total, so not too bad.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by wilson joy View Post
    Hi all,
    Well I am indeed pregnant! First beta (9 days post 5 day transfer) was 586.
    Today (11 days post) 1854!! Im in shock, I hope there's 2 in there, but I'd be elated with one too! Ugh...its realy happening, and now to keep doubling...WOW!
    Thanks again everyone for your support, will report in when I know more xxWJ
    *** pregnancy mentioned***

Hi WJ,

Congratulations! I've been lurking on BH for a while and following this thread as DH and I went on a egg donor journey too but to the US. I had 2 embryos implanted and am now pregnant with twins. My HCG was 535 at 11 days post transfer so 1854 is a fantastic result! May I make a suggestion? ............ triplets!!!

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Sally08 For This Useful Post:

laned  (10-07-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    WOW!!! Huge congrats WJ - those are some great looking numbers you have there! I bet you can't wait till your first scan to see how many you have in there!!

Ianed - what a wonderful idea to have an egg donor party - I have to admit we have been struggling a little bit with the egg donation concept such as who to tell, when to tell them (of course we are planning on telling the child if we are lucky enough to have one from the donor cycle), and then I have to say that I have been a little bit worried recently about whether an ED child might end up bonding with my husband more because of the biological connection - its a bit of a minefield isn't it but an egg donor party is such a positive way to kick things off! I am still waiting to hear back from the clinic about dates but the coordinator mentioned that she has booked our first lining scan at CFC for 10 Sept but now she has gone on leave for two weeks. Will wait for a confirmed treatment plan before booking anything though I think. Mid August will be here in no time though - you must really be getting excited now!

Helen - how are you going? When is your appt with the immunologist?

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Jed02 For This Useful Post:

laned  (10-07-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    just invading the thread to say WOW laned...things are moving along for you. wish you the best of luck for your upcoming journey to south Africa. let me know how you .

Sent from my GT-I9000 using BubHub

7. The Following User Says Thank You to lineyb73 For This Useful Post:

laned  (10-07-2012)

helenmac is offline After 3 yrs of tcc I've got a BFP!
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Ladies,

WJ - CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!! Wow those numbers are incredible and I'm putting my money on twins for sure!!!! It's very reasuring to hear when the numbers are so high and doubling nicely. Happy days!

Sally - Congratulations on your pregnancy. We considered USA due to all the immune treatment over there. It was considerably more expensive then Cape Town but hopefully my new reproductive immunologist can provide an equally good treatment plan which will be successful for our last try in CT.

Laned - Enjoy your egg donor party. That sounds lovely and it sounds like you have lot's of beautiful supportive friends.

Jed - Thank you for asking about me. My phone consultant is on Thursday! I cannot wait to hear what Dr. M has to say. I've a list of questions to ask him I'll have more of an indication on when I'll go back to CTfor round two. Hopefully it'll be September as I have 1 month off work (my 2 day a week part time job) but it all depends on the treatment he will suggest for me. There might be some pre-cycle treatment or in conjunction with the FET only. I don't know yet! Will keep you all posted.

Another idea I thought is nice and wanted to share. When we went to Cape Town I took alot of photo's of every step of the way. The plane, the clinic, hotel etc. and touristy spots of Cape Town to eventually make up a little scrap book to share their journey with any potential bubs. Unforutunately it didn't work for us the first time so I'll take some more photos for round 2 and I pray that I'll be making up a scrap book to share someday.
    Oh I even asked the FS to email me photos of the embryos so I'll ask him again for the final FET.

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to helenmac For This Useful Post:

laned  (10-07-2012),Sally08  (11-07-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Liney - How sweet of you to pop in and post a message. Yes all happening really fast and getting very excited. Hope those gorgeous little ones of yours are doing well. I bet they are growing by the minute. X

Jed - wow the time will be here before you know it. From all previous accounts it sounds as though your in good hands with CFC. I completely get your dilemma re who to tell. It is a very personal decision for each individual. I was worried at first that the child may get to teenage years and then resent me for not being able to trace their geneology. Hence, why we have been so open about it and why I have made a video diary. At least any future child will be able to know it wasn't an off the cuff impulsive decision. So many people have told me parenthood extends far beyond genes. I am sure when your child discovers what you went through to have them in your life they will feel so very special. Interestingly, I haven't told my mother I find discussing the whole fertility issue with her very difficult. She desperately wants grandchildren and can be very insensitive due to a lack of understanding. I didnt even tell her about my last miscarriage, as after the first one she stated 'oh how am I going to cope with this. You know I am sure I had many a miscarriage trying to have you'. So needless to say the less said the better. If we are successful I will definitely tell her about the donor process. I told her we were going to Sth Africa on the w/end and her response was 'are you going to adopt a baby.' Can you believe it, like we were bringing back a souvenir !!!!!!

HelenMac - all the very best for your pending phone consult on Thurs. Again, September will be here before you know it. Hopefully bringing us all a bit of cheer. . What a sweet thing to do with the photos. We invested in a video camera and I have recorded a video diary. We are also going to get our friends to post a little message at the 'Egg Safari Party'.

We are extremely blessed to have a wonderful supportive group of friends, who have lived with our trials and failed cycles.

Sally - What beautiful news. Congratulations to you both. I love reading stories like yours. Thank you so much for posting.
    Last edited by laned; 10-07-2012 at 23:22.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to laned For This Useful Post:

SummerShine  (11-07-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Congratulations WJ woo hoo

Helen - Good luck with your phone consultation tomorrow. Hit em up with those questions.

Laned - I like what you wrote about any future child will be able to know it wasn't an off the cuff impulsive decision. I worry also that they will want to know about their genes and I won't be able to tell them very much apart from the information we have been given. I did see a video on You Tube of a teenage child from an ED and she was well adjusted and said that she loves her Mum but sometimes wonders about her genes but it wasn't a big deal for her as she knew what her Mum went through to have her and she was really loved. Plus I see kids with genetic parents that don't get along very well and kids of adoptive parents that totally love their parents. Genes are just one componenet not the whole story.
    I was scared to tell family but my Dad has been so supportive, in fact all the family has! You need support during this time so if you feel that your Mum isn't going to be that supportive then probably best not tell her until afterwards.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi everyone,

helenmac - Hope all goes well with the immunology treatment. Fingers crossed for you. My problem was low ovarian reserve, early menopause and not meeting DH earlier in life! I like the idea of the photo diary of the trip for future bubs and I was thinking of putting something similar together. Our clinic in the United States, upon finishing the transfer presented us with a photo of the 2 embryos in a nice card folder and called it "Babies' 1st photo"! I thought this would be the 1st picture in our babies' diary.

laned - I admire your bravery in telling everyone about your egg donor trip and I think the party is a great idea. I had good intentions of telling friends and work colleagues but chickened out at the last moment when I told people about the pregnancy. Both sides of the family knows but that's about it. Good luck on your journey to SA.

Jed - I have thought about the bonding issue a lot as we prepared for this but having had adoptions on both sides of the family to compare it to, I think it won't be an issue, unless I make it an issue.

*** pregnancy mentioned***

AFM - I'm past the halfway mark of the pregnancy but feeling more relaxed as major scans and tests have all been good. Having an IVF pregnancy of any sort makes one cautious, perhaps too cautious. Throw in the foods to beware of, raging hormones and it makes for interesting times for everyone around especially DH! lol

Thanks
    Reviews
    what happened to my new reply??? ugh!! Well at 14 days post transfer, my beta is now at 6031! Back to work on monday (after 6 months of long service leave) and not looking forward to it...I teach in a special school, and quite frankly, there are some dangerous kids there. who wouldnt hesitate to kick or headbut anyone in their way...quite worrying for me over this long IVF journey, especially if this little one sticks!
    Laned and helenmac I wish I had thought of the diary idea..
    Sally 08, is your baby a CFC conception??
    Hope you are all well, surprisingly I am too! WJ

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Ladies - just a really quick one as work has been completely manic but just wanted to say goodluck for your appt today Helenmac!

And also those hcg numbers are looking great WJ! Good luck with going back to work - sounds a bit stressful though so look after yourself!

to everyone else - sorry will write a longer post when I can.