Closed Thread
Page 16 of 107 FirstFirst ... 614151617182666 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    helenmac so sorry to read your post. Really, theres nothing anyone can say, except having been there on several occasions myself, I understand the disappointment you must be feeling right now after going all that way.

After one week of being in CT on my own, I am almost starting to enjoy my time. Never have I had such uninterrupted reading, sleep or surfing the web. Waiting, waiting, waiting to hear of the fate of my little eggs...

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh Helenmac - I am so sorry to hear your news - a result like that is heartbreaking at the best of times but especially after having gone all that way!!! We just had a BFN last week from our 12th (and last) IVF cycle and I'm still pretty heartbroken over that but I can only imagine how gutted, exhausted and angry you must be feeling right now after travelling half way across the world and back.

I find I tend to bounce back better with a plan so perhaps focus all your energy on your two little frozen embies and getting them on board in the coming months!

Jxxx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Helenmac - so so sorry to hear re your news. You are extroadinarily brave and supportive to others during your awful time. And yes you have gorgeous 2 to fall back on!!

Jed - apologies I didnt respond before now to your queries re ED agencies in SA, I have been offline. However I gather you're all sorted which is great! Fast work...it took us 6 months to choose our ED..I think I was still holding onto the ivf dream with my own eggs though.
    We've gone through Baby2Mom who have been great & are heading to CT August 13th to go through Aevitas so fingers crossed!
    If we freeze any embies (if any left over)we would hope to send them home (import them) so we dont require another trip to CT, thus have to look into that. Has anyone done that prior?

Wilson Joy - corssing all fingers for you!
    Cheers,
    Megan

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi to you all,
    Well my latest update is that my 8 fertilised embryos have all made it to day 3, so it is looking like I may be lucky enough to get a day 5 transfer..fingers crossed!
    Luxe unfortunately, it is not possible to bring frozen eggs back to Australia, as it contravenes a stupid ****ing nanny state act. So maybe it could be possible to send them to Thailand? which is a bit closer and a nice warm place to have a little fertility holiday...does anyone know if this is possible??

Thanks
    Reviews
    I think I need to clean out my ears! my actual day 3 report is as follows: 12 eggs have turned into 2 compacting Morulas, 8x8cell embryos, 1x6cell embryos and 1x 4 cell embryo. Now my fingers and toes are crossed...tightly!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Everyone!

WilsonJoy - Wow that is a great day 3 report! Looks like a day 5 transfer for sure - I always find the next 2 days wait a stressful one but here's hoping for wonderful news the day after next!

Helenmac - still thinking of you

Megan - don't blame you for taking that long to decide - its a big decision and one we've been toying around with for about 18 months but it took me another two failed IVF cycles to finally make the decision to go down the donor route. WJ is right about not being able to bring frozen embies back into Aussie or NZ - I had planned to do the same thing and was really upset when i found out that I couldn't - talk about making a difficult situation even more difficult for us!

Ianed - Can't believe that your SA clinic hasn't given you a programme yet? You must be so frustrated! Its difficult enough planning a trip to SA without having to worry about timing and having no real guidance!

Has anyone else had any trouble getting meds or scans done at local clinic's? I am based in Wellington, NZ and it doesn't look like my clinic is going to help me out with Lucrin or scans etc as they might be in breach of NZ regulations which prohibit NZ fertility providers assisting in donor cycles where the donor will be anonymous! They help out with people doing San Diego cycles but don't think they can help me with mine because its in South Africa. They are in the process of discussing it with the directors. I have NO idea how I am going to get my meds and things if the local clinic here refuses to help!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Jed,
    Well...you can either tell a porky pie, or change FS. My doc said he was unable to suggest or encourage SA egg donation, but he was more than happy to help with synarel and estroegen pills...you can get a ref for a scan from your GP, then get the results put on a CD. I sent all my results to the clinic myself. The depo injection(alternative to synarel) is far harder to find and after my last cycle, I bought all the meds in SA and took them home. For those who are unsuccessful and are still in SA for the results, they are much cheaper by $300!!
    Well, today is the preparation day for tmrw...shopping for the next few days so I dont need to lug home heavy stuff! Tami from Gift is picking me up to take me to my before and after acupunctures, and the transfer! Angel! so thats where I am up to...

Thanks
    Reviews
    Jed02 you can get the medicine couriered to you from the international chemist IPO. Your Dr in South Africa can write you a script and email it to you, you then email it to the international chemist and it will take about 5 days to arrive. Also if you don't get the medication in time you can start using the pill until the medication arrives.

Helen I'm so sorry this one didn't work out. I really really hope your next FET is the one!

To everyone hope you are all doing ok

xx
    SS

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Summershine, yes, I forgot to mention the International Pharmacy option...it did seem overly complicated to me, when I tried to research it myself I could get no definite answers on how much and when it would arrive. So for me the Synarel was an easy option...except for sneezing most of it out!! proof you dont need much for it to work!! Only hours away from transfer now...ugh!!

helenmac is offline After 3 yrs of tcc I've got a BFP!
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Hi Ladies,

Thank you to each and everyone of you for your lovely messages. Each day I'm feeling a bit stronger to tackle what's ahead! So much to plan and organise again for another FET possibly in Spetember but first I have set up an apointment with a new Dr who is a reproductive immunologist that can hopefully help with my agressive high nk cells that are preventing implantation. My apointment is in 2 weeks and it won't come soon enough! I have to collect together all my medical history so there is so much to organise.

Wilsonjoy - Keeping everything crossed for you that you have lots of lovely blastocycts at day five with heaps to freeze! All the very best.

Jed - I hope that things can work out with your clinic so they can support you otherwise perhaps you can find an understanding GP that can help. Oh that is that last thing you need as it's stressful enough as it is!! Good luck.

Hi to everyone else

11. The Following User Says Thank You to helenmac For This Useful Post:

JodiW  (28-06-2012)