Closed Thread
Page 11 of 107 FirstFirst ... 9101112132161 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Helen, received your PM. Thanks so much for the information. When are you planning on going?
    Theresa, I know what you mean about living like a nun. I lives that way for a year and spent so much money on vitamins and got know where.
    I think I might take your advice. Try to stay as relaxed as possible and treat it like a relaxing holiday .
    Jodi, hope you and bub are doing well.
    to everyone else.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi ladies
    Just thought I would check in. I've been discharged from hospital still have a few issues but we are working on them. Peanut is doing well he has exceeded the docs expectations. He is still very small and underweight once he gets heavier he will be transferred to a hospital closer to home. It will prob take another 3wks. Good luck with your upcoming cycles and donor decisions you are never far from my thoughts xxx

mostly in Perth but sometimes away with the fairies
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Wow Jodi - that is fantastic news. Peanut is definitely a fighter and I bet you cant wait to get him closer to your home. Good to hear that all is going well.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Wonderful to hear you are both doing well and your little man is going from strength to strength Sending much love to you Jodi and your family. Keep us posted

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hello ladies,

I was wondering if I would be able to get some advice regarding egg donation programs in S.Africa.

I have been TTC for 3.5 years. Last December after moving clinics it was discovered I do not produce sufficient progesterone (which has been corrected with Crinone) however after my last IVF cycle where only 1 of 9 embies made it to day 5 it seems apparent I have egg quality issues too. I will be doing further testing in May to pretty much confirm what I already suspect.

A friend has offered to be an egg donor but she is 41 and I think over the age limit that most clinics will accept. I happened to come across this thread and this it could be an option for me and DH. I live in Perth, so not sure how it all works in regards to getting medication, tracking etc before you finally go to SA. Do you have to have counselling before you can go the egg donation path?

Lately I have been losing faith that I will ever be a mummy and I really need to be doing something proactive to make me feel like there is still hope.

Any information you girls can give me would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi SummerShine

I hope the following helps you. I am from Perth and am pregnant with a donor egg from Cape Town...16 weeks 5 days to go! Iam going to cut and paste from previous posts I have made on this thread in the hope it may assist you.

All our testing was donethrough an IVF clinic here in Perth. They were like our middle man with regardsto Cape Town. They sent us off for the blood tests, did my pelvic ultrasound,wrote up my prescriptions and did our follow up blood tests when we got ourBFP! They monitored us until 8 weeks and then we were set free to go withwhichever Ob we wanted to. We paid them like a management fee of $500 for this.
    It is expensive - and yes it cost us around $15,000.However it was basically our last shot at having a baby as I had an ovarianreserve test done and basically I have so few eggs left that it wasnt worthtrying IVF again for me.

The drugs I was on were estrodial (estrogen) which I was taking for a few weeks prior to flying to Cape Town, clexane daily injections from the day I flew to Cape Town until 10 weeks gestation, and Progesterone injections which I started 5 days before the egg transfer. The Progesterone I obtained at the Cape Fertility Clinic but the other medication I obtained over here through scripts written up by my Fertility Clinic.

Hubby and I went over in October, my angel donor was 32years of age and she had 21 eggs retrieved. We had 6 of the premo eggs andfertilized all and two were popped back in. I got a BFP 2 weeks later...sadlyat 8 weeks I lost one of the embies, but I truly believe they sacrificedthemselves to save this bub that is currently growing inside me. We feel soblessed to be able to finally have a baby! I cannot wait to meet her. In myeyes anyone who selflessly donates their eggs to another who is desperate to bea mum, well they are angels. We have 4 frosties still left!
    We went with a positive attitude and a totally relaxed approach and not reallyreading too much into whether it would be a success or not - in other words Ididnt obsess over it. Even the day of the transfer, I was so relaxed that I waslaughing and joking and to be honest the transfer went by in a blink! We flewout the very next night and basically put it in Gods hands and left it at that.When I got the phone call from the clinic here that I was pregnant, was whenreality hit so to speak, and I was a shaking crying laughing mess...but allgood! So you need to go in with an attitude of what will bewill be, be positive and most importantly stay relaxed. We lunched and dinedout every day and I drank wine every day. We treated it like a holidaybasically and look what happened!!

Cape Fertility doctors/nurses and admin staff arewonderful - they are very welcoming and make the whole experience quitepleasant if that is possible.

We chose our egg donor in August and we were in Cape Town in October - around10 weeks from when we chose the egg donor.

I hope this helps you? Any questions please ask and I will be more than happy to help. Good luck with your decision SummerShine.

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Theresa68 For This Useful Post:

MGC Bertie  (14-01-2014),SummerShine  (13-03-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    PS - they will recommend at whatever fertility clinic you are using here to go for counselling. We didnt as we have done counselling with IVF before and to be honest we didnt feel like we needed it. That is entirely up to you both as to whether or not you choose to go to counselling.

helenmac is offline After 3 yrs of tcc I've got a BFP!
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Jodie - It's wonderful to hear from you and that bubs is going well. What a trooper!! It'll be fantastic once he is closer to you. Hope you are keeping well too.

Theresa - I have now recieved all the paperwork of my medical results (& DH's) so I'll be scanning and emailing across to CFC in the next few days. I'll start to thoroughly look through all the donors towards the end of the week when I have a bit more time on my hands. Hope you are going well in your pregnancy.

Hi to everyone else

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by helenmac View Post
    Jodie - It's wonderful to hear from you and that bubs is going well. What a trooper!! It'll be fantastic once he is closer to you. Hope you are keeping well too.

Theresa - I have now recieved all the paperwork of my medical results (& DH's) so I'll be scanning and emailing across to CFC in the next few days. I'll start to thoroughly look through all the donors towards the end of the week when I have a bit more time on my hands. Hope you are going well in your pregnancy.

Hi to everyone else
    Wow Helen - that is great news. You watch once the ball is rolling, it goes super fast! Keep us updated! It is a very exciting time! When we were looking at donors, I liked this one donor straight away just from her childrens photo and her as a child, didnt read anything at that stage. Then we started reading all these different donor profiles, but I kept on going back to that one donor. We read up on her profile and decided she was the one! She was the very first one that I had a connection with (sounds weird) over a photo and her profile was perfect for us. I hope you find your miracle maker in the same way. Its a vibe - hard to describe, but thats the way it was with us.

My pregnancy is going really well. We are booked in for the 6th July which is just over 16 weeks away (presuming nothing changes in between now and then!) - time is going to go super fast I think!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Theresa68,
    Firstly congratulations on your pregnancy, that's fantastic

I also wanted to thank you so much for taking to the time to reply to my question. The information you have given has really helped and me and DH have decided to go the SA donation route - 15k is nothing considering how much we have spent on IVF already . It's so good to read someone else's experience and realise that it is doable and not as scary as I was imagining.

Do you mind if I pm you to ask what clinic helped manage you in Perth?

Thanks so much and once again congrats!!!!