GRADUATES
    JodiW (boy)
    Smika (girl)
    Chascabear
    Theresa68 (girl)
    WilsonJoy (twin boys)
    Jed (twins - boy and girl)
    SummerShine (boy)
    Last edited by Sunny15; 18-04-2013 at 16:14.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Sunny15 For This Useful Post:

January  (18-04-2013),SummerShine  (18-04-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Hi all

I cant remember you asked about clexane - I have been on it now for about 2 months straight and the best way to inject is straight in like a dart and no slowly like the other IVF meds. It is less pain this way. My hubbie gives me all my injections. We ice first and then afterwards and my number of bruises have gone down. I do have a large one that is at least a month old and doesnt seem to be disappearing.

Helenmac and others over in SA - all the best of luck.

Regards Jane

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to midnite01 For This Useful Post:

helenmac  (22-04-2013),Twowhites  (19-04-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hello from Perth airport, in transit.

Loved logging on this morning to such good news congrats twowhites.. And thank you for thinking of me. Yes I am now obsessed and analysing every pain - thinking its period cramping. Hard to believe its just been over two weeks and we are now heading home. We had two perfect embies transferred, everything crossed at this stage.
    Summershine, congrats and enjoy every second with your baby. So excited for you.

helenmac if you are still in aus pack some warm clothes and a umbrella. The weather in CPT had turned in the last two days. Bbbbrrrrr

everyone else hello and good luck to all starting the journey.

First blood test on Monday.

Cheers,
    makeba

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Makeba For This Useful Post:

helenmac  (22-04-2013),laned  (23-04-2013),SummerShine  (22-04-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Summershine...Biggest congrats on the safe arrival of your new little baby boy. I am sure he is just gorgeous. Glad you are well too.

Hi everyone else!!! Will catch up on personals tomorrow...totally exhausted! Sleep well. Donna

8. The Following User Says Thank You to DJSHEARS For This Useful Post:

SummerShine  (19-04-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi everyone. Sorry I have been MIA. Have been been very busy doing overtime at work - have worked the last 11 days and just when I was looking forward to a weekend off I was asked to work again. Hoping to have a day off on monday. My fellow worker whose turn it was asked me to cover for him as his daughter (who underwent IVF) had a baby on weds evening by caesarian and developed complications yesterday and has had 3 blood transfusions due to haemoraging and is in the HDU and he wanted to be at the hospital with her which is perfectly understandable.
    Congratulations Summershine. Wishing good things for you Helenmac for todays transfer. Thinking of you Laned. Cartia thanks for asking the Q re lucrin and thanks 2whites for your answer. I think I will get crinone as well as the PIO from CFC as trying to get it in a regional center is difficult. Hi Sunny, in answer to your Q on how I was going, I have signed the EDSA contract but have not had it returned with their signature. My donor has not been tested. Three days after I was meant to start the OCP, I found out by accident that I was meant to be taking it. Big panic but sorted now. The proposed treatment schedule (subject to the donor being given the thumbs up) has the embryo transfer occurring on day 27 of the cycle. What day of the cycle have you ladies been having embryo transfers on if you count day 1 as the day your period starts and you start taking lucrin?
    Haven't got travel dates yet as the donor isn't cleared, and my husbands boss has been pressuring him to work extra days so the 5 days off at the end of May/start of June when we were planning to travel he has been rostered to work and his boss told him tonight that he's not going to get paid for it (was going to get $5500) because DH is going on leave and his boss said he has to take it as time in lieu. So at this point in time we may have to miss out on doing the safari as our time away is being restricted and we may not be able to fit it in. Unconfirmed dates that I need to be in CT is 10th - 17th June if anyone else is going to be there?
    Can any of the ladies who have had the intralipid treatment with CFC tell me if it was a one off or whether they were given follow up treatments for the intralipid transfusion? Sorry it's not a cheery story, hoping things will improve soon.

Thanks
    Reviews
    SUNNY......... I feel like the biggest slacko, hopeless, silly and dumb blonde friend. I forgot your birthday last week. I am so sorry. So as belated as it is, I hope this year it the year of all years for you and that the wishes you have all come true xxxxxx

For April 16..."HAPPY BIRTHDAY SUNNY"

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi BB4me. Your dates are all very different to mine but I think it makes a bit more sense if you are not counting your day 1 of the cycle as the day you get your period?? Unless what I got from the clinic was unusual, if you are on the pill your day one of every cycle is the day you start taking the active pill & your period then occurs at the end of the cycle. I know my IVF cycles weren't counted that way but I'm taking this straight from my CT med schedule. Your calculations seem to be a couple of days out and I think what looks like your day 27 is probably closer to day 20 if you calculate it this way (which to me seems more likely..but maybe it's just the way my IVF cycles had worked in the past??)

However don't take my word for it as it's very important info - I think you should contact the clinic and go through your dates so there is no confusion.

If it helps at all here are my cycle details.. Started progynova on day 1 of my 'cape town' cycle - the week prior I had stopped the pill, had my period & started Synarel. My scan in Cape Town was day 12 (and I was told I should allow to be there for 12 days from that day). Egg retrieval was scheduled for day 14 but was pushed to day 16. Embryo transfer then happened on day 21.

Hope this doesn't cause more confusion - good luck!!
    Last edited by Missleo; 21-04-2013 at 21:42.

helenmac is offline After 3 yrs of tcc I've got a BFP!
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Ladies,

I'm BACK from Cape Town!

So sorry no personals today as I'm a bit jet lagged and I don't have time to read back on your posts.

I just wanted to say that 2 perfect embies are on board!! I was so nervous in the waiting room anticipating bad news that my precious embies hadn't survived the thaw but it was totally the opposite!! Dr. Le Roux said that they looked very, very good. In fact alot of FET's have black spots in them but mine didn't have any which is fantastic news. He said that my chances have increased by a further 5% cause they looked just like fresh embryo's.

So now we wait!!!

13. The Following User Says Thank You to helenmac For This Useful Post:

laned  (23-04-2013)

helenmac is offline After 3 yrs of tcc I've got a BFP!
    Thanks
    Reviews
    DONOR SEARCHING

DONOR SELECTED
    Jennilee

DONOR CONTRACT (signed by both parties)
    Sunny15 (Cape Town July) EDSA & Dr Wiswedel
    January (Cape Town early July) Dr Wiswedel
    DJShears (Cape Town July) EDSA & Dr Wiswedel
    Abundance (Cape Town mid-June) Dr Wiswedel

TREATMENT CYCLE
    Makeba (Cape Town 5th April)

2WW - WAITING FOR BFP
    Makeba
    Helenmac

BFP
    TwoWhites
    Laned
    Missleo (twins)
    Nicole72 (twins)
    SVD (twins)

GRADUATES
    JodiW (boy)
    Smika (girl)
    Chascabear
    Theresa68 (girl)
    WilsonJoy (twin boys)
    Jed (twins - boy and girl)

SummerShine (boy)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi all,

makeba hope your 2ww wait is going well and your first blood test is promising
    congrats Jennilee for having selected a new donor

Yay Helen Mac so happy for you to have the little ones on board - hope your 2ww is as good as they can be

congratulations SS for the safe arrival of your bundle of joy so happy for you

wow bb4me you are a busy girl sounds like your all organized -FYI my donor cycle was the same time line as missleo's.
    Twowhites hope your feeling well - so happy for your good news thanks for asking after me - DH wants 2 weeks with no baby talk so I am looking at the agencies to have a short list ready for when he is ready . It's been a little up and down emotionally but think my head and heart are now mostly recovered and back into action mode - I find it hard to put it all down for long. It's interesting for me going through the donor search for a 2nd time, it different somehow. Ie do l go for young age, proven donor etc to get plentiful and healthy eggs of course I know there are no guarantees with any donor.

Laned hope all is going well for you

hi to everyone

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Pixel For This Useful Post:

laned  (23-04-2013),SummerShine  (24-04-2013)