Closed Thread
Page 101 of 107 FirstFirst ... 519199100101102103 ... LastLast
Results 1,001 to 1,010 of 1061
    helenmac is offline After 3 yrs of tcc I've got a BFP!
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Laned - Thank you for your kind words. Yes I'm taking pred in the morning. I think I just got stuck in a insomnia cycle as there is so much on my mind. I'm feeling more relaxed as my 'to do' list is getting shorter. Last night I didn't have a sleeping tablet and I slept great!! Hope you are going well. It's getting closer for you!! So exciting!

Missleo - Thank you yes I do hope that the magic is with me this time! Great that you are going well in your pregnancy and snacking is the key! All the best staying with the in-laws for the next 6 weeks lol

Crystal - Thank you for your wishes. Yes I think that sounds about right, I remember waiting about 3 weeks for my treatment plan after the donor screening.

Babywish - That's ok for asking that question. No hubby isn't going with me so there is added pressure. I'm going by myself and this is our FINAL attempt. Also we decided that DH wouldn't leave any frozen sperm last time we were there. Of course I wish this outcome to be with a pregnancy but in all honestly I'm so SO HAPPY to be closing this long journey too!! We are extremely blessed to already have a child (DS 3yrs). So either way I'm going to be relieved that there will be no more ivf, immune meds, acupuncture etc and my life won't be on hold anymore. I can plan my future goals and have closure and move forward in my life!! YAY! It's taken 8 years to feel this way. The hardest thing will be IF the embryo's both don't survive the thaw and I don't get a chance for transfer. It's highly unlikely to happen but it would be difficult to accept closure if I didn't have my FINAL attempt. SO, hopefully all will be ok with the thawing and the outcome will be POSITIVE!!!

Pixel - Glad that you are going ok. If you do decide to be tested for high NK cells then you will have piece of mind whichever way it goes. Here's a tip, Cape Fertility Clinic do Intripilids (similar to IVIg) for immune issues so if you couldn't have it done in Perth there is always back up to have in Cape Town, if you needed it. Wishing you all the very best whatever you decide.
    Last edited by helenmac; 10-04-2013 at 06:40.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Helenmac you are a wonderful strong women to have come this far and I will be sending every positive thought your way and I'll have everything crossed for you while your in SA. Massive amounts to you.
    Babywish

3. The Following User Says Thank You to babywish313 For This Useful Post:

helenmac  (11-04-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks Helenmac - how many treatments do you need for the ivg/intrilipids? I'm in Melbourne so would assume I'd have access here. Ill get testing first before asking to many questions of you.
    I'll be thinking of you and am sending you lots of love and support xxx

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Pixel For This Useful Post:

helenmac  (11-04-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    helenmac Sending you every best wish in the world for your final IVF journey Will be thinking of you. Good Luck with every step AFM - we are still waiting for the AMH of a donor before we decide what we are doing...waiting...waiting Best wishes to everyone with whatever stage you are at. This thread has been such a great source of background support & advice for me. I am now thinking of adding in prednisolone, as we have had perfectly good blasties fail to implant in the past. I had my blood tested and my anti-coagulant level is really good. Can anyone give advice on whether I should still add in Clexane or not ?? To Us All X

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Jennilee67 For This Useful Post:

helenmac  (11-04-2013)

helenmac is offline After 3 yrs of tcc I've got a BFP!
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Hi Ladies,

Many thanks Babywish, Pixel & Jennilee for your lovely words of support and encouragement.

Jennilee - Prednisolone & clexane go hand & hand together and also best to take clexane if you are going on a long plane trip to reduce the risk of DVT. I think you are very wise to cover all basis and throw the immune meds at the cycle. Good luck with your donor on her AMH levels.

Pixel - Oh for some reason I though you were in Perth, sorry! I'm pretty sure I've heard other women from Melb talk about having treatment of intripilids and/or IVIg in Melb. The usually protocol is to have in infusion 2 weeks prior to transfer and then if a BFP depending on blood levels more infusions may be required or just prednisolone alone may be enough.

AFM: I'm having my lining scan today so hopefully it's nice and thick and no need to increase the progynova then I will forward the results onto CFC!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Jennilee the only BFP I ever had in all my 11 IVF cycles came after using clexane and prednisolone for the first time. I have slightly elevated NK cell levels, not sure about anti-coagulent levels though. But my FS just decided to throw everything at it. So I would recommend giving them a go if you havent already tried them. I definitely want to use both in my ED cycle in SA.

I had no problems with prednisolone in terms of side effects that I could discern (was on so much other stuff at the time though) but clexane injections tend to leave horrible bruises on your stomach. After I was told to stop using alcohol swabs before injecting the clexane I found I bruised much less - though not sure why that worked.

Go for it I say.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thank you helenmac & Libelle I will push for my case to use the clexane & prednisolone - thank you both for your info & support. My laptop isn't liking the thread & I can't seem to get it to return ...please bear with me as it's all on 1 line We had the second AMH back for a donor and it was 4.72- which I am so pleased about...I think Is the South African system different to Oz?? I tried to search our thread as I'm sure we had mentioned this quite awhile ago....Can anyone please help me ? Once I know this we can move from the Donor Searching part of our chart to Donor selected Night Night Ladies X

Thanks
    Reviews
    Jennilee, I just googled it and I read that AMH should be between 0.5-5 for a good number in South Africa so if your donor got a 4.72 that would be a fantastic result Here'e the link I read it on http://www.fertilicare.org/forum/arc...hp/t-3657.html

The only side effect I get from prednisolone is insomnia, and I do get alot of energy even if I take them in the morning. I got bruising form the Clexane injections as well and they looked much worse then they felt.

Libelle, I'm going to skip the alchohol swabs this time around and see if that helps as well

Helenmac, hope your scan went well and your lining looks great!!

12. The Following User Says Thank You to crystal4431 For This Useful Post:

Amandamoo  (13-04-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Jennilee,

When I got my donors AMH result I emailed Nurture to clarify the numbers and this is the information they emailed.

"SA does indeed have a different metric for AMH – we use the European system not the American system. It should be higher than 1.2 . Anything over 8/9/10 is a sign of possible PCOS. Most donors have an AMH of between 2.5 and 5"

So very excited for you as 4.72 is perfect

Thanks
    Reviews
    Helen....Thinking of you and sending you the absolute best of wishes that this will be your turn. Big hugs to you

Jennilee...Good stuff. That is a great result. Looking forward to moving up on that Rollcall List.

Sunny....You are rock'n along!!!!! Lucky you. My donor was scheduled for an April donation before us in July but she is not scheduled now until April 28 so that is probably going to slow us down a few weeks. We will probably be the end of July. Thats ok...more time to save!!!!!

AFM....Girls.....My FS here has NEVER put me on anything apart from estradials and pessaries. I have had 3 ETs. A 3d fresh resulting 12w m/c. Our next 2 were 3 day fro sties resulting in a blighted ovum and a BFN. DO you think I should be looking at taking anything else????? Also.....immunisations??? When and what have you all had prior to travelling?

Luv Donna xx