Closed Thread
Page 100 of 107 FirstFirst ... 50909899100101102 ... LastLast
Results 991 to 1,000 of 1061
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi everyone - yes back from CT and hating every day of it! Well, the dreaded 2ww that is. Its excruciating... I cant remember it being this bad before in all the IVF's Ive done. Glad to be back at work today so I can focus on other things.

Today is 5dp5dt, so on the home run with BT on Friday. Im going to POAS on Thursday to prepare myself in case of a fail, but still its looking like a long week.

Pixel - Im so sad for you, and only know too well how hard it is to prepare yourself for such a fall. I hope in good time you can pick yourself up and go again. Surely the odds must get better from hereon.

Makeba - thinking of you today. You might end up with more than 15 as I think Dr H errs on the side of caution when telling you whats going on! Best of luck...

Libelle - I did the daily Lucrin shots and only needed on vial as you are on that for around 20 days its just the one, thankfully!

Someone asked about EDSA - not sure its common knowledge that its actually owned by CFC (or some of the owners of CFC own EDSA) so that could be in fact why they recommend it! I would have no hesitation in saying that Id go with whichever agency have the right donor for you. Lets be honest about it, all the agency have to do with it is provide a database of talent! Any success rates etc are purely the result of nature and the clinic, not the agency!

I hope I havent missed anything or anyone!

2W (in the 2WW!)

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Twowhites For This Useful Post:

Libelle  (08-04-2013),Pixel  (09-04-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Pixel I am so sorry to hear your news. I read your post and I have been devastated for you all weekend. The disappointment must be heartbreaking. Did the doctor mention why you had positive preg tests? is this a side effect of the progesterone injections? does this give a false positive? You are in my thoughts.

We have just signed a contract to secure our donor and Cape Town bound mid June. I can't imagine how you feel but sharing your story gives us all a dose of reality so thank you for sharing. My DH and I talked about the reality of a negative test on the weekend and it was good for us to prepare ourselves for it. We have decided to go away to Europe after the transfer and have a great memorable holiday and be together when we find out the result. Whilst staying positive is what everyone tells you, sometimes it's not so easy so we have to embrace these opportunities knowing not all of us will get a positive. I hope you are doing OK and Sending you big hugs

i still don't know how to update the roll call but if anyone does I'm seeing Dr Wiswedel mid June in Cape Town. Looks like there will be a few of us there in June. I think CFC should disclose they own EDSA as it seems a bit underhanded. I found donor selection quite difficult but I was drawn to one and my DH also selected her so it was a sign for us. Good luck to all on this journey

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Abundance1 For This Useful Post:

Pixel  (09-04-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Pixel, I am so sorry it didn't work out for you this time. So frustrating and heartbreaking

Makeba- those are fantastic numbers

I'm waiting to hear when my donor has her screening appointment, Karin emailed Thursday to let me know they were only waiting on her info to come through from Nurture so hopefully the appointment is made today

Hi everyone, hope your all well!!!

6. The Following User Says Thank You to crystal4431 For This Useful Post:

Pixel  (09-04-2013)

helenmac is offline After 3 yrs of tcc I've got a BFP!
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Hi Ladeis,

I had my IVIg infusion on Sunday and I'm starting to feel much better on the meds after experiencing headaches behind the eyes and nausea. It's actually been the worst I've ever experienced. The prednisolone is giving me crazy insomnia so I spoke to my FS and he wants me to take some sleeping pills cause he said that less then 6 hours sleep a night will put so much stress on my body so not sleeping sufficiently is much worse then taking a few sleeping pills. So I had one last night and slept a whole 8 hours! (9.00pm-5.00am). Today I feel brilliant. Hopefully it has broken the insomnia cycle but at least I have them there for the plane and to help overcome jet lag.
    Leaving for my FET in Cape Town in one week! There is SO much to do before I leave. My sister & neices are staying at my house looking after DS. I've so many lists and slowly ticking things off. Starting to get nervous that my two embies won't survive the thaw!! Ahhhhh nooooo I'm not even going to go there!! I think that way of thinking will send me mad so I'm going to be positive and stay strong!

8. The Following User Says Thank You to helenmac For This Useful Post:

Pixel  (09-04-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Helenmac I am so happy for you. It's been such a long and tough journey for you it must seem quite surreal that the time is almost here. I am confident magic will happen for you in SA and will be thinking of you.

AFM - I think I have been luckier than Nicole on the sickness front but the 1 or 2 days a week I am sick it is really bad. I'm learning to control it with the right food and waking up at 4am to have some peanut butter toast or a cheese sandwich fixes me for the day 99% of the time. Just keep snacking seems to be the key!! When I'm not sick I'm generally still a bit shocked and overwhelmed - the doctor should have said "congrats you're having twins, do you realise you will need a new EVERYTHING??" You think after years of IVF and hoping for this day that when it gets there all those years make you more prepared but they don't haha. We are so blessed but honestly we do need a new everything. This week we start packing up our very impractical little 100 yr old 2 bedroom house in the city to prepare for renovations and will have to move to the inlaws for 6 weeks. Neither of our 2 small cars are going to cut it with a twin pram (they are HUGE) and 2 car seats so at least 1 new car is on the list, and I'm trying to get my head around the fact that I may have to walk away from the company I have just spent 2 years building (unless I hire some help at home which just makes me feel guilty already)...unfortunately there's no maternity leave when you are a contractor. Yes twins changes everything - but after seeing them both wriggling around in yesterdays scan we wouldn't change it for the world. DH finally believes it's true and is now no longer freaking out about the fact the best and most practical twin pram that little 5ft 3 me can lift costs $1,800 haha.
    Last edited by Missleo; 09-04-2013 at 07:33.

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Missleo For This Useful Post:

emski72  (09-04-2013),Pixel  (09-04-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Helenmac- just want to wish you the best for your FET

Missleo- oh wow you are changing everything best to do it now rather then later though or at least that's what I would be telling my DH Glad you've got your morning sickness figured out!!

My donor has her screening appointment next Wed, how long does it normally take from that point to get the treatment schedule? I was thinking about 3 weeks or so?

Thanks
    Reviews
    DONOR SEARCHING
    Jennilee

DONOR SELECTED

DONOR CONTRACT (signed by both parties)
    Sunny15 (Cape Town June/July) EDSA & Dr Wiswedel
    January (Cape Town early July) Dr Wiswedel
    DJShears (Cape Town/July) EDSA & Dr Wiswedel
    Abundance (Cape Town / mid June) Dr Wiswedel

TREATMENT CYCLE
    Helenmac (Cape Town FET 19th April)
    Makeba (Cape Town 5th April)

2WW - WAITING FOR BFP
    Twowhites

BFP
    SummerShine
    Laned
    Missleo (twins)
    Nicole72 (twins)
    SVD (twins)

GRADUATES
    JodiW
    Chascabear
    Theresa68
    WilsonJoy (twin boys)
    Jed (twins - boy and girl)

Thank you Twowhites now I understand why he recommended them. I will still search the other agencies and go with who I like.

Abundance I just highlighted a previous roll call and pasted it into a new box then just changed the details around for you.

Helenmac very exciting for you, I was just wondering as you had mentioned your eggs and the thaw can you access the egg bank while you and hubbie are there as a back up. Not that you will need it and I'm sorry that question has come out weird and sort of negative it's not meant to be.

I'm off before I make things read worse than what I meant. Have a great day ladies I'm putting the webbed feet back on and going out in the rain.

Babywish

13. The Following User Says Thank You to babywish313 For This Useful Post:

Nicole72  (11-04-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Missleo View Post

AFM - I think I have been luckier than Nicole on the sickness front but the 1 or 2 days a week I am sick it is really bad. I'm learning to control it with the right food and waking up at 4am to have some peanut butter toast or a cheese sandwich fixes me for the day 99% of the time. Just keep snacking seems to be the key!! When I'm not sick I'm generally still a bit shocked and overwhelmed - the doctor should have said "congrats you're having twins, do you realise you will need a new EVERYTHING??" You think after years of IVF and hoping for this day that when it gets there all those years make you more prepared but they don't haha. We are so blessed but honestly we do need a new everything. This week we start packing up our very impractical little 100 yr old 2 bedroom house in the city to prepare for renovations and will have to move to the inlaws for 6 weeks. Neither of our 2 small cars are going to cut it with a twin pram (they are HUGE) and 2 car seats so at least 1 new car is on the list, and I'm trying to get my head around the fact that I may have to walk away from the company I have just spent 2 years building (unless I hire some help at home which just makes me feel guilty already)...unfortunately there's no maternity leave when you are a contractor. Yes twins changes everything - but after seeing them both wriggling around in yesterdays scan we wouldn't change it for the world. DH finally believes it's true and is now no longer freaking out about the fact the best and most practical twin pram that little 5ft 3 me can lift costs $1,800 haha.
    Congratulations on the twins and welcome to the world of buying two of everything!
    We ended up buying a new SUV so that we could fit the twin pram in and the babies as well. Having said that they take up 2/3 of the car and left DH and I with the front seats and some room behind the front seats. We bought a Valco spark duo which was around $700 and could be used from birth. The bassinet converted into a seat which could face either way (facing you or outwards) so didn't have the extra cost of accessories. The weight wasn't an issue as I figured I wasn't going to go out too often alone with twins in the early days so DH could carry it in and out of the car!

Good luck to all the ladies on their IVF journey and hope I haven't intruded with an off-topic post.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Sally08 For This Useful Post:

Missleo  (09-04-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Helenmac - you don't know how happy it makes me to read that your long awaited journey is about to begin. Your patience has been so very inspirational and now is your time to shine Hun. As for the prednisone, it's an awful drug. I was completely wired on it also. Are you taking it in the mornings?

17. The Following User Says Thank You to laned For This Useful Post:

helenmac  (10-04-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Firstly thank you all for words of encouragement and big hugs all around
    I can't tell you how much your support has helped, just knowing there are others who have gone through the journey and know how many decisions, steps, medications etc are needed to get to our dreams.
    I am feeling a little lost as I start the process again.
    On one hand I think just pick another donor and go for it and it was just a case of no luck this time but one the other hand I feel i need to explore more medical testing in case my RA is more complicated than the FS has thought, he always said it was my low egg numbers that was my problem but given i have one ED round under my belt he may agree to the NK testing.

Helenmac Thank you for your advice and info, I will do the NK testing first and then quiz you on the IVIg etc. You definitely have all bases covered for your upcoming FET and should be very confident and proud of yourself to have got to this stage it takes a lot of time and effort - well done. l'm so excited for you and hope that all goes to plan , so hard to sleep with so much on the "to do" list and so many medications pumping through us.

missleo I totally agree l am focused on getting to the pregnant stage that I will have no idea what is needed practically for one child let alone twins

Two whites - thinking of you, so hard to wait, but not long now

Laned so sorry to hear about your loss for your darling puppy dogs, I know how much animals mean in our lives and there time with us never feels long enough. As for the TCM really when working along side other medical practitioners both need to respect each others areas of expertise, last thing you need to be justifying your treatment plan.

Makeba hope EC went well
    hope everyone else is traveling along well

19. The Following User Says Thank You to Pixel For This Useful Post:

Twowhites  (09-04-2013)