Closed Thread
Page 10 of 107 FirstFirst ... 891011122060 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Jodi, so pleased to hear from you and that Peanut is here safely albeit with a journey still to go Congratulations to you, DH and your family. I will be thinking of you often and sending all the into the universe I can muster that you both grow stronger each day.

Helenmac, good to hear you have Dr S's support. Sounds like he would be prepared to write you the necessary scripts for prednisolone/clexane etc if you needed them regardless of the position of the SA clinic. Good luck with getting to the the bottom of things with CFC and I hope you find a way to move forward with confidence.

I have just had a cancelled FET Having some problems with thin lining after removal of adhesions from my uterus in January but hopefully will get on top of this problem soon Also my egg donor (sister) is pregnant again so it all bodes well for my frosties, just want to get the environment right 1st.

mostly in Perth but sometimes away with the fairies
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Congratulations Jodi on the arrival of peanut. Wishing you both well on your recovery.

helenmac is offline After 3 yrs of tcc I've got a BFP!
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Ladies,

Jodi - It's fantastic to hear from you and bring us all positive news that Peanut & yourself are fighting hard to get through this incredibely tough time. It all sounds very hopeful that everything will be okay. I'm keeping everything crossed that the next few weeks will bring good news that you have both come through the worst and things will only get better. My thought are with you both. Keep strong.

Starfish - I'm so sorry that your FET was cancelled. It's disapointing isn't it? Definately for the best though as you want that lining to be the best that it can be. Can they give you some drugss to thicken it up? At least those adhesions are gone now so you have a much healthier uterus for embie to implant!! Wishing you every success. You are getting closer to that long awaited BFP!!

Theresa - Again, thankyou for your previous message of support. I have spoken to a few other ladies on another board discussing SA overseas donation and they are very familiar with all the FS's over there. Aparantly none of them are 'believers' in high nk cells treatment but that's not to say it won't work!!! A few of them went on the high nk cells treatment and Dr. le Roux was happy for them to be on it if that is what they choose. I've realised that he dosen't believe that an overactive immune system can prevent embryo's implanting therefore in his mind the high nk treatment won't make any difference on if it will implant. I'm a believer that the high nk cell treatment will make ALL the difference!
    I hope you are going well in your pregnancy! Over the half way mark now, how exciting!!

Hello to everyone else
    Last edited by helenmac; 21-02-2012 at 08:46.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi everyone. Just a quick one tonight. Know I have been missing in action for a while but I have had a lot to deal with. Just before Christmas we bought a kitten. Bought the little guy as a substitute for failing in our IVF attempt - sort of like a substitute baby. But unfortunately, he had a terminal virus and passed away on wednesday, and we are crushed.
    I have still been checking this forum regularly though, and so happy to see that you and bub are okay, Jodi. When I didn't hear from you for a while I feared the worst. I was ready to give up. But now I have renewed hope and ready to do this. I feel positive and really excited. I feel that I may finally get my wish of having a family.
    Hi to everyone, my thoughts are with you all. Sorry I haven't replied individually but I am still trying to get my head around this.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Deb - Sorry to hear about your little kitten. That is heartbreaking, poor little fella. Take care & all the best

Thanks
    Reviews
    helenmac - thank you for your well wishes. It was heart breaking. We only had him for two months but we both became attached to him so quickly. He was our baby . My husband wants to get another one but i'm not sure. I just want to concentrate on our Egg Donation attempt in South Africa. We are planning on going in August, so have heaps of time to get organised and ready for what will be our final attempt to have a baby.
    For those of you who have been successful with ED, what have you done in the lead up to going to SA? What vitamins have you taken in preparation for a successful pregnancy? What did you give up? Alcohol,caffeine?
    During my IVF attempt I was taking so many vitamins in order to improve my egg quality.
    to everyone, hope you are all doing well.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Deb,

I'm taking fish oil, InNatal & Calmag suppliments. Also Colostrum powder for high nk cells. No coffee but I do indulge in alcohol on weekends. The most I'll have is 2 on a Sat or Sun.

Also I'll get back to doing acupunture & moxibustion soon as I'm having a break from it now.

By the way I've sent you a PM.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by deb11 View Post
    helenmac - thank you for your well wishes. It was heart breaking. We only had him for two months but we both became attached to him so quickly. He was our baby . My husband wants to get another one but i'm not sure. I just want to concentrate on our Egg Donation attempt in South Africa. We are planning on going in August, so have heaps of time to get organised and ready for what will be our final attempt to have a baby.
    For those of you who have been successful with ED, what have you done in the lead up to going to SA? What vitamins have you taken in preparation for a successful pregnancy? What did you give up? Alcohol,caffeine?
    During my IVF attempt I was taking so many vitamins in order to improve my egg quality.
    to everyone, hope you are all doing well.
    Deb11 - The only vitamin/minerals I took were elevit. I was in Estrodial and Clexane before I went over for my EDT in Sth Africa and that was on the advice of my Cape Doctor. As for giving up coffee/alcohol etc or anything else - absolutely not. We went over there with the view of we were having a holiday and whilst there would have our EDT. We went out for dinner every night and had wine etc...did the winery tours etc. Nothing changed. If it had of, I would not have been relaxed. My advice would be to be as relaxed as you can be, treat the whole trip as a holiday with a bonus! I stopped drinking coffee and alcohol the day of my egg transfer. That was it. I am now over half way to seeing our miracle baby and cannot wait.

Prior to getting to this stage I had suffered 4 natural miscarriages and done 6 rounds of unsuccessful IVF. During this whole time I was on Chinese herbs, doing acupuncture, not drinking alcohol or caffeine and basically living the life of a nun - it didnt work.

I guess you have to do what you have to do, but in my opinion, being relaxed is the key. Good luck!

Helen - when are you going for yours?

Thanks
    Reviews
    [QUOTE=Theresa68;

Prior to getting to this stage I had suffered 4 natural miscarriages and done 6 rounds of unsuccessful IVF. During this whole time I was on Chinese herbs, doing acupuncture, not drinking alcohol or caffeine and basically living the life of a nun - it didnt work.

I guess you have to do what you have to do, but in my opinion, being relaxed is the key [/QUOTE]

Theresa I can't tell you how much I related to your post having done all these things for years to no avail! I'm delighted to hear that through living your life & rediscovering simple pleasures you are well on your way to meeting your baby. Thanks & I am further encouraged if there is any 'magic' to getting UTD this is the path!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Starf1sh View Post
    Theresa I can't tell you how much I related to your post having done all these things for years to no avail! I'm delighted to hear that through living your life & rediscovering simple pleasures you are well on your way to meeting your baby. Thanks & I am further encouraged if there is any 'magic' to getting UTD this is the path!
    Glad to have helped. I am not saying that all the other stuff doesnt work, just saying it didnt work for me. I truly believe by being relaxed, having a fantastic holiday with the view that the EDT is a bonus was the way to get through it. I was so relaxed that even on the day I wasnt nervous or anything, in fact i had acquired a head cold and was more worried about that! DH helped enormously - we kept ourselves well and truly busy sightseeing and touring during the day, and seriously indulged in the food and wine because it was so cheap! I am 43 years of age, so she is truly going to be my miracle baby. Good luck starf1sh - just keep relaxed and dont focus on it too much!