+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi ladies 👋

Just thought I'd pop in and say hi!

I'm on a modified bed rest regime - not imposed by ob but he advised I take things easy to avoid pre-term labour. I'm an elective csection patient too, and my hospital will not accept me until 33 weeks so I will feel relieved as on Saturday!

I'm at 32+5 and have been in this situation for about a month now.

I had a bloody show around 28 weeks; (nothing major - put down to a soft cervix given this baby no.2 for us); had a growth scan shortly thereafter which showed big baby, high end of normal amount of amniotic fluid and a short cervix (1.6cm) with 1cm of funneling!

I had my 2 steroid shots and am using progesterone pessaries until week 34.

It's just so overwhelming and frightful going through these little pregnancy hiccups!

I hope you're all doing well and your little belly travelers are being kind to their mummies!

😊😊

Thanks
    Reviews
    How are you all going lovelies? Hope those babies are still baking!!!

I got clearance for IUGR today (thank goodness) so little babe will be left in there until he's all ready to come out. The anticipation is killing me! 34 weeks tomorrow - I just want to meet him and hold him and kiss him!

Sending love and good vibes 🌈

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi ladies I have been meaning to update on my situation for a while but life has been very busy. Long story short - travelling along well still, early hours of 31 weeks my waters broke. Sat around in hospital for a week before that damn bleeding started again - this time it was my placenta abrupting so I was whipped into theatre for an emergency c-section. My beautiful daughter was born yelling and screaming and weighed in at a tiny 1.7kg. She's is perfect in every way, just needs to spend quite a few weeks in the NICU and SCN. The whole pregnancy was hard and awful but she's so worth it and as much as I wish she'd gone to term it was sooooo much safer for her to be out.
    @Ladydee @MrsKLM I hope you ladies are travelling well? I hope at least your last month has been less dramatic than mine

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by scratchycat View Post
    Hi ladies I have been meaning to update on my situation for a while but life has been very busy. Long story short - travelling along well still, early hours of 31 weeks my waters broke. Sat around in hospital for a week before that damn bleeding started again - this time it was my placenta abrupting so I was whipped into theatre for an emergency c-section. My beautiful daughter was born yelling and screaming and weighed in at a tiny 1.7kg. She's is perfect in every way, just needs to spend quite a few weeks in the NICU and SCN. The whole pregnancy was hard and awful but she's so worth it and as much as I wish she'd gone to term it was sooooo much safer for her to be out.
    @Ladydee @MrsKLM I hope you ladies are travelling well? I hope at least your last month has been less dramatic than mine
    @scratchycat - firstly, congratulations on the birth of your baby girl! I hope she is doing well in NICU and I hope you're recovering well! Not the most ideal arrival but I'm glad that you're both safe!

35w4d over here and all is well. Little man is small but despite all that we've been through, my OB thinks I'll make it to 40w and will probably go over! Like you, I just want him to get here safe and healthy - whichever way that may be!

Sending you love and get well vibes xx
    @Ladydee - hope everything is ok! Thinking of you

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Oh my goodness, how did I miss this update?!!!! @scratchycat, wowee, congratulations on the safe arrival of your 2nd dd! How is she going? All ok? Hearing her cry that first time must have such an amazing relief! Was it scary? Was it a type of emergency where you had to have a general anaesthetic or did you have enough time to get an epidural or spinal? How are you recovering?? I'm sure it'll be a bit full on going back and forth from hospital while she's still in there but I'm sure she's getting amazing support to grow big and strong and hopefully you get to bring her home in ASAP so you can just get on with being a family of four! She's so lucky to have such a strong mummy Xxx

Your turn next @MrsKLM, though hopefully no just yet! How are you going Hun?

How are you going @jaanzi? All good I hope

AFM- nothing new to report thankfully, just chugging along. 17 weeks and have my Morph scan on the 20th of March...no Ob appt a before then so it's feeling like another big wait! Just had my DD's 3rd birthday and have mine this weekend so it's good to have a couple of distractions I think baby is starting to really overtake all of my belly-bloat now.......my face is still blown up from 17 weeks of Prednisolone......nearly weaned off now, woohoo!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by jaanzi View Post
    Hi ladies 👋

Just thought I'd pop in and say hi!

I'm on a modified bed rest regime - not imposed by ob but he advised I take things easy to avoid pre-term labour. I'm an elective csection patient too, and my hospital will not accept me until 33 weeks so I will feel relieved as on Saturday!

I'm at 32+5 and have been in this situation for about a month now.

I had a bloody show around 28 weeks; (nothing major - put down to a soft cervix given this baby no.2 for us); had a growth scan shortly thereafter which showed big baby, high end of normal amount of amniotic fluid and a short cervix (1.6cm) with 1cm of funneling!

I had my 2 steroid shots and am using progesterone pessaries until week 34.

It's just so overwhelming and frightful going through these little pregnancy hiccups!

I hope you're all doing well and your little belly travelers are being kind to their mummies!

😊😊
    How are you traveling @jaanzi - has bub made an appearance yet?

OB has me on weekly CTG's for little man has he's still measuring on the small side but I've been cleared for IUGR. I think they're just being cautious... But still - weekly OB appointments and CTGs feel like a bit of overkill.

I can't believe that after all the drama he'll be here in less than a month! The excitement is agonizing - I could pee myself lol

I've had a constant period pain feeling for the last 3 days which doesnt go away so I'm crossing fingers and toes this is my body getting ready to do something!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi ladies! We welcomed Jaxson Ethen last Monday 23rd March at 5:02pm by emergency c-section. I was 37w5d.

My waters broke at about 11:30am that morning with meconium. We were admitted to labour and delivery where they put me on a synto drip but unfortunately it made little man go into distress so my doctor and I made the decision to get him out by c-section ASAP due to the meconium. Once he was out it was found that the placenta had partially detached.

He's a gorgeous little bubba and we are so in love 💙 Jaxson was a small bub weighing 2.61kgs and only 46cm long! We're now home and absolutely loving all the newborn cuddles.

Hope you're all well! ImageUploadedByThe Bub Hub1427700877.456615.jpg

8. The Following User Says Thank You to MrsKLM For This Useful Post:

Ladydee  (02-04-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Bed Rest

Well done for baking him for as long as you did @MrsKLM, he's clearly baked to perfection Welcome little Jaxson! Enjoy every moment of him hun, those precious new born moments are over way too soon Xxx

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Ladydee For This Useful Post:

MrsKLM  (02-04-2015)