+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Awards:
    Bubhub Blogger
    Hi all, just saw this thread and thought I'd pop in and wish you all the best.

I was on complete bed rest from 13 weeks through to 22 weeks and light duties after that, due to a retroplacental hematoma. My best effort was losing 2.5litres of blood in a few hours and taking a ride in an ambulance. I ended up having 4 blood transfusions and an iron infusion.

By some miracle DD survived (I don't know how and neither do most of the medical team). She is now a busy toddler who won't sit still (ever).

I know it is boring as, but you just have to sit tight. Once bub arrives you will wish you had the chance to sit around reading books and watching tv. I think I did every cross word going, did a few cross stitches, read books, watched tv and longed for a ride on my bike.

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to DJ Nette For This Useful Post:

Ladydee  (12-01-2015),MrsKLM  (11-01-2015),scratchycat  (12-01-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Bed Rest

@Ladydee and @scratchycat - how are you ladies going? Hope all is well x

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Bed Rest

Quote Originally Posted by MrsKLM View Post
    @Ladydee and @scratchycat - how are you ladies going? Hope all is well x
    Mrs KLM - how did your GD bloods go? Have you got the results yet? Did you keep the drink down ok? I think it's yummy but it gets a bad rap for some reason. What time is your scan today ?? Contractions behaving themselves ??

Gah, yesterday was just a write- off for me! Safe to say I was was just a weeee bit hormonal. Lol. @scratchycat , your msg made me bawl, a couple of random texts from friends and family made me cry, I watched a FB video of this young bloke who is dying of some sort of bone cancer and making the most of every day and I actually started dry-retching as it made me cry so so much!. Then I was watching a season of Downton Abbey where the mother of the girls has a miscarriage after falling out if the bath and I just lost it again! Thats just the half of it, I can't believe how much I cried all day .....even looking through a couple of baby pics of my dd made me bawl as she was just too too cute....and I reeeeally just want another one!

I'm having a scan today at 1:30....if all goes well, it'll be the first time my mom will see the heartbeat as she's driving me as my DH just can't make it with work and I'm not too keen on driving while taking this Valium/diazepam. Feel sick with nerves as this past weekend has been the heaviest bleeding yet and was pretty much like a continual light/ medium period so, we'll see. I did wake up at 3am STARVING last night which has never happened ever so, hopefully that's a good sign.
    Last edited by Ladydee; 13-01-2015 at 09:42.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Ladydee For This Useful Post:

scratchycat  (13-01-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Ill write more later (when I'm not being interrogated by a toddler ha) but just wanted to say good luck for 1:30pm @Ladydee - thinking of you and will be hanging out for an update

7. The Following User Says Thank You to scratchycat For This Useful Post:

Ladydee  (13-01-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Scan all good! Despite the heaviest bleeding yet this past weekend, perfect heart beat and growth still

Omg, my Ob tried a belly scan but because I've got a tilted uterus, it took him a moment to find the heartbeat! I swear my own heart stopped for a moment as that was the exact same scenario as when I lost my 11 week angel bub with him searching and searching for the non-existent heartbeat and not saying anything and I just felt the *biggest* dread EVER!!!. BUT he said was sure that he could see a flicker but needed to do an internal......I don't think I've ever whipped my knickers off so fast in my life! And as soon as he started the internal I saw the heartbeat easily myself pretty much straight away.....this is where my own heart re-started....and everything is just as it should be!

I had to go straight to QFG to book in my Panorama blood test (that I've chosen to do) for next week and buy some more pessaries (damn expensive things they are) and then I got chatting to a couple of the QFG nurses who wanted to know how I was going and it wasn't until I left that I realised I hadn't told my poor hubby the good news! There were several missed calls from him too.....bad wife that I am..... he had been freaking out but was thrilled when I told him And then he of-course re-reminded me for the umpteenth time to go straight back to bed.

I got a picture but it's crap and too black. I'm 9+1 today measuring 9+2. What a freak'n relief!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    @LCLowry - join us if you ever get bored enough or just want a good whinge......or come up with anything interesting to do while stuck in bed! xx

Thanks
    Reviews
    GTT came back negative for GD! I am so utterly relieved! Had a scan today and little man is growing and developing well - he's such a cutie pie 😊

On the other hand, bed rest plus silly season plus zero exercise has meant that I've gained almost 5kgs over the last 4 weeks!

OB said I need 1 more week of bed rest and an internal ultrasound to check cervical length. If that US comes back with the cervix long and closed then I'll be getting the all clear to come off bed rest and head back to work! I may even be able to start light exercise again!

So all in all a positive day. ImageUploadedByThe Bub Hub1421140307.383190.jpg
    @Ladydee sounds like you had a positive day too! I'm so glad that bub is tucked in nice and tight! Fingers crossed the bleeding subsides! I hate it when medication makes you feel blergh - it's horrible! I hope you start feeling better soon.

What have you ladies been doing to keep yourselves occupied? I've been working from home and I've been absolutely swamped!

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MrsKLM For This Useful Post:

Ladydee  (13-01-2015),scratchycat  (16-01-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @MrsKLM and @Ladydee how are you ladies travelling? 31 weeks here, still going well, still resting lots but the end is on the horizon!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by scratchycat View Post
    @MrsKLM and @Ladydee how are you ladies travelling? 31 weeks here, still going well, still resting lots but the end is on the horizon!!
    You beat me to it Scratchycat, I've been thinking about you ladies too and was going to see how you both were
    @MrsKLM - how are you? Bub still on the inside?? You'd have to be very close now huh? Fill us in!
    @scratchycat - wow, 31 weeks?! That's so awesome So no more bleeding I hope? How long are you going to work for this time do you think? Not long until you'll be having first cuddles with your new little Miss

AFM - I'm going well ....14 weeks yesterday No bleeding for several weeks now and this is my 3rd week back at work. Wazza's nurse gave me my weaning-off-meds instructions so I'm full steam ahead with all of that which is awesome.....and quite scary at the same time! My Panorama bloods came back as all good and my 12 week Nucal scan went great too We're having a boy! My DH is absolutely thrilled and I'm still trying to get my head around it! I used to only want boys but now that I have my DD, I can't quite imagine what it'll be like having a boy. I'm glad we found out so I can get used the idea and start organising to eventually clear out some of my DD's baby stuff we will no longer need.....can't promise there won't be a few tears involved there....lol I still have my freak- outs that there will be no heartbeat at our next scan but I guess that's just how it's going to be until we get to meet this little guy. I'm hoping when I start feeling movements I might be able to relax a little. My placenta is at the front this time dammit! These three weeks after my Nucal scan is the longest I've gone without a scan and I'm getting very anxious and paranoid but just keep trying to remind myself that apart from the bleeding, everything has been looking great with bub so all should be fine Next scan is at the end of next week!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by scratchycat View Post
    Hello ladies @scratchycat and @Ladydee 😊 I'm doing well! 33w tomorrow and little man is tucked up tight! I've been back at work since 27 jan and I start maternity leave next Friday.

I do have suspected IUGR and he was breech for a little while - thankfully he's now flipped head down! I've got the fetal scan on Monday and then an appointment with my OB next Wednesday where we'll find out if he'll be delivered at 37w or not due to IUGR (c-section).

So no more pre-term labour, but a bit of a complicated pregnancy. Surprising really as I thought being young, fit and healthy would decrease my risk of complications!

For the time being, I'm feeling very big, hot and a little sore. Thank goodness I'm still sleeping well though! Well and truly on the countdown now!

I'm so happy to see you're both doing well and bubbas are tucked up nice and tight! Hugs & kisses to you both xox