+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    I've been on modified bed rest for large chunks of this pregnancy and I'm only 24 weeks. Arrrgh! Spent 8-16 weeks on bed rest and now 23 weeks onwards on bed rest. Mine is because I keep bleeding. @Ladydee already knows the story . I have found it incredibly hard at times - the house is no where near how I want it but DH is doing his best and it's still very acceptable. Also not being able to do and go where I want - DD and I used to be social butterflies, out all day every day (apart form my two work days - they've gone out the window too) going to the zoo, on the bus to the city, seeing friends and now we're homebodies. It's a hard adjustment. Counting down until the end of the pregnancy - which is hopefully a way off!

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Ladydee I started having contractions last Monday (22nd December). I thought I was just being a bit weak and just had a backache. After 3 hours, the pain was getting progressively worse and nothing would make the pain go away! I tried sitting, lying down, standing and even a hot shower. After consulting my DIG and trusty "what to expect" book, I thought it would be a good idea to give the hospital a call. They told me to come in and we made our way over. My OB was called and they did a fetal fibronectin test on me. It came back positive. I was in pre-term labour. My OB told me that they were going to try and stop the contractions with medication and in the meantime I was transferred to another hospital with a NICU incase little man decided to make an early appearance. I received the first steroid injection and was told that there was a high risk that I would be delivering within the next 7 days. At that stage I was only 24w5d so I was totally freaking out! Being in a labor and delivery ward was a little too daunting! I wasn't ready

They soon figured out that I had a bacterial infection which had caused the pre-term labor. This was good they said as it meant they could treat the infection and delay labor. After 2 days in hospital I was discharged and put on bed rest until I get to 28w. My OB will then reassess.

I'm sending myself crazy with anxiety - I'm over thinking everything!

Thanks
    Reviews
    @scratchycat I'm 26w2d so not too far ahead of you. My OB wants me to keep cooking until 28w and then we'll see what happens. Not sure if I'll make it back to work though as I start getting contractions even if I attempt the simplest of tasks at home. I'm lucky that I can do a bulk of my job at home so I may be able to 'work from home' for a few weeks rather than start maternity leave early. Although, my job is quite demanding and I find it stressful (I'm a control freak!). I've even started to have work nightmares and I'm not due back at work till about the 19th January!

It's funny - before I was told that I HAD to rest, I wanted to do nothing more than stay at home and laze around the house. Now that I have to rest, all I want to do is get out of the house!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Bed Rest

How are we going ladies?

Feel free to join us @Sally1981 if you get bored enough

I've stepped into dangerous territory and have been buying quite a few maternity things off eBay.....whoops. Pinterest has been fun with nursery ideas and maternity fashion ideas. This will be an August winter bub (fx) where's my dd is a March summer bub so different clothes... or at least more layers.
    @scratchycat - we're usually the same with my mothers group....specially with the hot weather. We have a secret FB page and I see them organising all of these fun swimming/water park/someone's house with a pool catch ups and we can't go to any of them even though my dd is a little fish who adores swimming and her little friends My MIL who can at times drive me insane is actually being fantastic and came and cooked us dinner last night and has hung out with dd all day today, playing with her in this awesome little paddle pool thing my mom got her for Christmas. They've now gone to the park to feed the ducks It's funny listening to them interact actually....I think my MIL will sleep well tonight! Ha ha

I thought it might have been something like that @MrsKLM, how bloody scary! I hope your DH hides your vacuum tomorrow when he goes back to work! I can see how just sitting around all day with nothing to do but think too much would be bloody tough! Is your little guy a good wriggler/ kicker to give you plenty of reassurance? I keep ulternating between worrying about these bleeding/tightenings/backache and then the usual worry of the heart having have stopped like the last 4 bubs Today I feel better with the backache and have not had any blood what so ever...even in the excess pessary that comes out but.....I'm not sure if I still "feel" pregnant?! No m/s or reflux so far today...boobs might not be as full Urgh, the anxiety if it all! My scan is on Thursday. I can relate to what you said to scratchycat.... I too was dragging my exhausted butt around dreaming of Nanna-naps before my bleeding started, now I can think of 1000 things I'd love to be doing except laying in bed!
    Last edited by Ladydee; 04-01-2015 at 16:44.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hey @Ladydee! How was your weekend? It's been stinking hot in Sydney and we don't have aircon. I've been at home with the fan and ice packs trying to stay cool - what I wouldn't give to just go for a swim!

DH goes back to work tomorrow and I'm dreading it. Purely because I'll miss his company! He really has been a godsend throughout all of this. I've stocked up on books so that should get me through but I'm contemplating getting my work laptop couriered home so I can work. It will keep me busy and my mind active but I'm worried about getting too stressed!

I've been trying to wash the dishes or do a bit of cooking but I find that when I've been standing too long I get contractions. Little man is an absolute wriggle worm so I find his movements quite comforting. I just hope that these contractions are just BH and aren't dilating my cervix!

I have my GD test on Wednesday so
    I'm looking forward to getting out of the house lol. All of this bed rest though has left me a little down and I'm finding that I'm turning to food for comfort. Without a means to burn off the calories this could get very ugly...

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Are you allowed to have a coolish bath?? If so, it might be a good way to cool down...I'm pretty sure hot baths are a no-no but maybe a cool one? I do have aircon in our master bedroom and I blow it a kiss goodnight every night....ha ha . Or maybe even a water bottle spray with the fan on also could feel nice when you don't have hubby to change your ice packs?

Naughty naughty doing dishes and cooking! Your lil man has some baking to do yet so back to bed Missy Is this your first? You'll have to get used to letting things slide a little for when you have a gorgeous new born taking up all of your energy and time ..... must be hard if nesting has kicked in though, I remember how strong those urges were.

I'm a Pathology Blood Collector and we have lots of ladies who need to lay down for their Glucose Tolerance Test (are you doing the one or two hour one?) so don't feel weird about asking to lay down if you need too. You could either tee it up with them beforehand or just tell them throughout the test, no probs Take something like a cardi though as even if it's boiling hot outside, it does get cold sitting in the aircon for so long.

One of my friends is saving a heap of movies and series to my hard drive tonight and will drop it off in the next day or two and she also dropped these off tonight..... can't believe how excited I was!
    ImageUploadedByThe Bub Hub1420366785.219588.jpg

Thanks
    Reviews
    It's been hard this summer not being able to swim - my OB is very cautious about infection risks while there's any bleeding around so I'm on a swimming ban. Also been on a pregnancy long s*x ban too - I keep telling DH that I'm going to be the only mother of a newborn whose busy swimming and having sex. Oh and lifting lots of heavy things too

I'm still travelling along okay here, 24+4 weeks and thankfully bub is a huge wriggler so I have plenty of movement to keep me happy. I have my first full day at home with DD today - DH has gone to worn but shouldn't be all day I don't think and has the house spotless and the panty and fridge stocked too. I have a chair beside her cot so that she can climb in herself and a billion craft activities ready to go so I think we're set!! If I even tried to sit and read a book with her around she'd come distract me and want a look and want me to read it to her or the like lol. But I will get a rest/sleep while she has a rest later.
    @Ladydee a pathology collector hey? I'm a pathology scientist - who are you with? I'm with S&N
    @MrsKLM embrace the nothingness! Quit vacuuming lady! I've done many weeks on bed rest so far and honestly the first few are the worst - it becomes far easier after you've adapted to the slow slow boring pace.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Ladydee View Post
    Are you allowed to have a coolish bath?? If so, it might be a good way to cool down...I'm pretty sure hot baths are a no-no but maybe a cool one? I do have aircon in our master bedroom and I blow it a kiss goodnight every night....ha ha . Or maybe even a water bottle spray with the fan on also could feel nice when you don't have hubby to change your ice packs?

Naughty naughty doing dishes and cooking! Your lil man has some baking to do yet so back to bed Missy Is this your first? You'll have to get used to letting things slide a little for when you have a gorgeous new born taking up all of your energy and time ..... must be hard if nesting has kicked in though, I remember how strong those urges were.

I'm a Pathology Blood Collector and we have lots of ladies who need to lay down for their Glucose Tolerance Test (are you doing the one or two hour one?) so don't feel weird about asking to lay down if you need too. You could either tee it up with them beforehand or just tell them throughout the test, no probs Take something like a cardi though as even if it's boiling hot outside, it does get cold sitting in the aircon for so long.

One of my friends is saving a heap of movies and series to my hard drive tonight and will drop it off in the next day or two and she also dropped these off tonight..... can't believe how excited I was!
    Attachment 65264
    Hey @Ladydee! I never even thought of having a cool bath! I've been having cold showers instead - very unlike me as I love hot showers! Our friend gave us their portable AC unit which we have in our bedroom - it's been an absolute lifesaver!

This is our first bub and I started out pregnancy feeling all confident and in control. Since being to hospital it's just left me unsure and anxious! My nesting urges kicked in a few weeks ago - blessing in disguise as little mans room is all ready!

I'm having to do the 2 hour test as diabetes runs in my family and apparently puts me at a higher risk. Not looking forward to it at all!

I spent all day in bed with a book - it was actually nice having the day to myself! I enjoyed the solitude and I was able to just relax! Today was a good day 😊

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by scratchycat View Post
    It's been hard this summer not being able to swim - my OB is very cautious about infection risks while there's any bleeding around so I'm on a swimming ban. Also been on a pregnancy long s*x ban too - I keep telling DH that I'm going to be the only mother of a newborn whose busy swimming and having sex. Oh and lifting lots of heavy things too

I'm still travelling along okay here, 24+4 weeks and thankfully bub is a huge wriggler so I have plenty of movement to keep me happy. I have my first full day at home with DD today - DH has gone to worn but shouldn't be all day I don't think and has the house spotless and the panty and fridge stocked too. I have a chair beside her cot so that she can climb in herself and a billion craft activities ready to go so I think we're set!! If I even tried to sit and read a book with her around she'd come distract me and want a look and want me to read it to her or the like lol. But I will get a rest/sleep while she has a rest later.
    @Ladydee a pathology collector hey? I'm a pathology scientist - who are you with? I'm with S&N
    @MrsKLM embrace the nothingness! Quit vacuuming lady! I've done many weeks on bed rest so far and honestly the first few are the worst - it becomes far easier after you've adapted to the slow slow boring pace.
    Hey @scratchycat - did you have a lovely weekend? Glad to hear that bub is happy wriggling around in there! Shame about the s3x ban... If it makes you feel any better, there's no action over here either. Hubby thinks it's wrong to do that while his son is still in the womb. It weirdos him out hahahaha

I tell you, bed rest makes you see all the specks of filth in the carpet lol I need to quit it though because it brings on the contractions. I've never really been one to fastidiously clean - I'm blaming boredom and the nesting bug!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yep it makes you see every speck of dust that you never previously saw, want to explore every shopping centre you previously weren't interested in and all sorts of other things you can't do but desperately want to!!