+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Bed Rest

Is anyone else out there on bed rest? I'm 36 weeks so still have a ways to go and have been put on bed rest since tues due to high blood pressure.

I am already going insane Any suggestions to make it easier?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Watch heaps of tv series I did when I was on bedrest

Thanks
    Reviews
    i would download tv series from isohunt and watch them on my laptop!!
    you could maybe do a really quick, easy online course? eg. rsa, horticulture etc.
    crosswords, chess, get a nintendo dsi, sew a quilt/knit something?
    write a book - know it sounds crazy but you never know....especially a children's book.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I understand your frustration. I have bad coccyx pain and basically bed rest (not sitting) is the only thing that relieves it. I'm going somewhat stir crazy too, although I can sit for short periods of time and I am allowed out of the house ... I just don't manage for long due to pain.

So, TV is a good idea, reading novels is another, listening to podcasts, e-mailing or writing to people you haven't had time to contact for a while, asking friends to come & keep you company, craft stuff (cross-stitch, etc), writing a pregnancy journal, doing a scrapbook (even digital), sorting through old photos (real photos, or on your computer), online shopping (gets dangerous ), etc ...

Hang in there, every day is a bonus for bubs, eventhough it seems like a form of torture for you.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hang in there, every day is a bonus for bubs, eventhough it seems like a form of torture for you.
    Does it ever!!!

I guess I'm just getting frustrated because I can see things that need doing around the house and I REALLY want to do it but I can't. DF is home and is trying to help but you know what men are like.....I think they walk around with blinkers on . I need to start doing that....will get me ready for when bub arrives

Thanks
    Reviews
    Bumping!

Any others currently on bed rest? I've been on bed rest for a week and I'm going insane... I'm getting a little anxious and down in the dumps too... I've been told by my doctor that I need to be on bed rest until at least the 14th January. It feels so far away!

Thanks
    Reviews
    How are you doing @MrsKLM? I think you're right at the end of your pregnancy where's I'm right at the beginning of mine. I'm only 7.5 weeks but with a threatened miscarriage (after already having 4 in-a-row this year) I too am on ordered strict bed rest. It sounds simple enough but I agree, it bloody tough!!! I have a nearly 3 year old and a husband who is great at all of the house-holdy stuff..... except cooking ! The most elaborate he can go is a sandwich-press toasted sandwich.... even then I can hear him out in the kitchen swearing at himself as he usually burns himself! My house is quickly turning to shambles and it's driving me insane not being able to do even the simplest of things. If I try and be a little naughty and waddle out to make something easy to eat, I start spotting and getting crampy almost straight away ......so back to bed I go What have you been doing to occupy your time? I usually enjoy reading but I just can't seem to get into any of my books. I love watching movies but nothing really seems appropriate for my dd and if I have to watch Frozen, Nemo or Lion King one more time, I might just scream. If you're ever bored and want to chat..... I'm here.......doing nothing.......going insane.....Xx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Ladydee View Post
    How are you doing @MrsKLM? I think you're right at the end of your pregnancy where's I'm right at the beginning of mine. I'm only 7.5 weeks but with a threatened miscarriage (after already having 4 in-a-row this year) I too am on ordered strict bed rest. It sounds simple enough but I agree, it bloody tough!!! I have a nearly 3 year old and a husband who is great at all of the house-holdy stuff..... except cooking ! The most elaborate he can go is a sandwich-press toasted sandwich.... even then I can hear him out in the kitchen swearing at himself as he usually burns himself! My house is quickly turning to shambles and it's driving me insane not being able to do even the simplest of things. If I try and be a little naughty and waddle out to make something easy to eat, I start spotting and getting crampy almost straight away ......so back to bed I go What have you been doing to occupy your time? I usually enjoy reading but I just can't seem to get into any of my books. I love watching movies but nothing really seems appropriate for my dd and if I have to watch Frozen, Nemo or Lion King one more time, I might just scream. If you're ever bored and want to chat..... I'm here.......doing nothing.......going insane.....Xx
    Hi @Ladydee! Sorry to hear you're going through such a tough time 😔 it truly is the pits! I'm 26w2d so not too far towards the end but I'm past half way.

My husband isn't very domesticated and he cant cook too well either but he is trying. I just feel bad that he has to do everything around the house and all I can do is sit and watch. He goes back to work on Monday so I'll be left to fend for myself - I'll miss having him around for company. I tried to vacuum the house this morning but I started contracting straight away! I got yelled at and given my marching orders to go back to bed lol

I think the hardest part of bed rest is definitely mental - being able to keep your mind occupied without going insane and paranoid is what I'm struggling with. I think I might buy a few books and take up knitting or something.

I'm terribly sorry that you are on bed rest too but I'm glad we can keep each other company!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm sorry you're stuck in bed too @MrsKLM....there's probably people who read this this thinking "omg, I'd love to lay in bed reading and watching movies all day !". I might have even thought that myself.....until now!!!! Congratulations on getting half way though....that's a huge positive right? Bit more baking to do yet though! Why are you on bed rest Hun? Has the problem just started recently? I find even sitting straight up is not good for me ..... maybe even worse than standing because then I'm kind of scrunching my belly up....I definitely can't stand anything even remotely tight around my belly either. Bending down to the ground is a big no-no too. Lol, definitely no vacuuming! Tssk tssk girl.

My DH goes back to work on Monday too and my dd goes to childcare Mon, Tues, Wed so I'm going to make a real effort to be perfect and as still as possible....we'll see how I go. I've wrangled my iPad off my dd today so I'm watching 'Life Of Pi' in bed ......it's pretty good so far I've bled a little clot earlier which is freaking me out so this is a good distraction. I have another scan on Thursday but might try and move it forward.

Hope you've found something interesting to do today and that those cramps are leaving you alone too xox

Thanks
    Reviews
    Just sending you both some hugs. I spent 7 weeks on bed rest earlier in my pregnancy. 4 of those weeks in hospital which is actually easier in some ways. It's tough to not be able to do things in your own house.

I can tell you that once it's over it soon becomes a distant memory!

11. The Following User Says Thank You to MrsErinR For This Useful Post:

Ladydee  (02-01-2015)