+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Wishing you all the best for Thursday!

The waiting game just sucks! You are either in the 'two week wait'...then waiting for AF...then waiting for the BFP...then waiting for a scan and then waiting for the 12 week scan.

I have read so many posts on here about women that have early bleeds and then go on to have a successful pregnancies so do try and take so positive vibes from that.

I too had a massive bleed at 4 weeks....had a BFP for 3 consectutive days earlier...the day after I was supposed to get AF I had a massive bleed and thought 'Thats it, all over'...bleeding lasted for 2 days and now I am 30 weeks pregnant.

So take care both of you and wishing you lots of sticky vibes!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thank you all for the positive vibes.

No changes today, just minor spotting and a very tired wife (she fell asleep at 8pm!). In fact she is incredibly tired of late, and felt a bit ill this afternoon when I collected her from work, so who knows what it all means!

I don't mind though, if it means a little one is growing then I'm fine to do all the housework/cooking in the evenings and let her rest!

Just thinking positive and we'll see what pans out on Thursday. Waiting waiting waiting!

I should add we are both 34. Reason for doing IVF was because my wife had severe endometrosis, and we (well, Dr) worked out that the eggs just weren't getting out. So we had to give them a hand ...
    Last edited by HopefulDad; 06-09-2011 at 00:13.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Sending lots of positive vibes for you and your wife....! Hope Thursday is positive for you... We're all thinking of you and wishing for the best!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Good luck hopefuldad and DW. I am a little baffled as to why your clinic did a scan at 6 weeks, and then when your DW bled a bit, didn't do blood tests to check hcg and progesterone levels. I would be questioning them about this. my FC will not do internal HB scan until 7 weeks (actually 7.5) as there is little chance of seeing a HB at 6 weeks. Great that a sac was seen.
    The fact she is very tired is great and I know plenty of women who have bled throughout their early part of their pregnancies.
    Good luck.
    Come over and join the IVF section if you have any other questions. Other IVFers there have a wealth of experience. (not saying you wont get suppport here of course )

Thanks
    Reviews
    i hope all goes well for you and your wife. i had light bleed at 5 1/2 weeks and again at 9 weeks.they couldnt see the hb then either even a week after the bleed they couldnt see.. i am now 14 weeks and things seem to be going well. it might just be that there was some left over blood from her period that was evacuating itself ( this is what my doc told me)

hugs and best wishes to you both.
    Last edited by MonkeySeeMonkeyDo; 08-09-2011 at 16:00.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Goodluck!!! At 5w4d they nearly didn't even find my baby on the ultrasound and she's now 14w3d along and last ultrasound looked simply beautiful.

Best wishes I hope you have good news

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    How nerve racking! I'll keep you, your wife and your bean in my thoughts. FX for an awesome scan!

FWIW, I had bleeding with my DD throughout week 6 and 7 of my pregnancy. It was incredibly scary but subsided with no real explanation.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Well still a bit of spotting but more morning sickness and my wife noticed her acute sense of smell for garlic (weirdly, exactly the thing she became sensitive to during the first pregnancy) was back today. She almost gagged when someone hopped onto the bus today with garlic in their packed lunch.

Good signs, I hope!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Sending you a big hug

Thanks
    Reviews
    It takes 21 days from implantation for the heart to start beating in an embryo and then another couple of weeks before it is big enough to be seen on a screen. That's why they suggest doing dating scans after 7 weeks, and its probably why your fertility doctor wasn't too negative on the progress of the embryo. Hang in there, there's definitely still a very good chance.