+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks all.

I guess we will sit tight and wait till next week. I hate the waiting!

We did the dangerous thing and started dreaming about life with a little critter in our life too, and this has sort of shaken that. It's hard not too when it is all you want!

But yes there are no other 'negative' signs, just the perhaps-too-early ultrasound. It was an internal ultrasound too (sorry I forgot to answer someone earlier).

Here's hoping.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I also had no Hb detected at 6 weeks when k went back a week later there it was! Sometimes it's a dating thing, but sometimes it's just a little small... Mr dr thought that if I'd been in just a day later it would have been fine, so while I completely understand how you feel I am a success story....17 weeks now... Keep us updated how you go

Thanks
    Reviews
    Well things have taken a turn for the worse today, my wife had light bleeding and some clots. No cramping though ?

Have rung the Dr, she said just to monitor it and take it easy.

Not good ... I hope it doesn't mean what we don't want to hear

lambjam is offline Nitwit! Blubber! Oddment! Tweak!
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    So sorry to hear that .

Crossing my fingers that things turn around for you both.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Hi There Hopeful Dad,

Been thinking about your and your wife over the last couple of days and was wondering how everything was going for you? Have things settled down? Has the bleeding stopped?

Hope that everything is ok!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi guys,

Well the bleeding (actually I now think the more appropriate name is spotting - you will have to excuse me as writing this from a male perspective is a little strange) hasn't gone away, but it has lessened to very low levels - the first day was the worst in terms of amount/clots/redness. However my wife reports no severe pains or anything like that which seem to be associated with a MC, and pregnancy symptoms still persist. It's all very strange. My wife says she still "feels" pregnant and some symptoms still persist (tender breasts, nausea) but of course I know they're not solid guides.

My wife will probably call the Dr tomorrow morning just to see.

We have tossed around many theories, ranging from the worst case to that maybe it could be to do with the placenta forming/tearing/moving/settling (As I believe that occurs around now?), or a reaction to a new pessory, or that it could be just one of those pregnancies where spotting occurs.

I guess the 7wk scan on Thurs will let us know a bit more - certainly if there's a heartbeat then I guess the spotting isn't the worst case thing.

So until then we're just hoping its all okay and that Thurs brings good news!

lambjam is offline Nitwit! Blubber! Oddment! Tweak!
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Will be thinking of you! Sending lots of sticky baby dust

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Just wanted to send hugs and wish you both lots of luck x x

DreamsIntoReality is offline Each day gives hope to fulfilling our dreams!
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Hopeful, wishing you all the best for Thursday and sending sticky vibes.

I had my first scan at 5w/5d and there was only a sac to be seen, it was hard as we didn't know what to do.
    At 6w/4 days I started bleeding quite a lot with cramps and they kept me in hospital for most of the day and took bloods, my hcg levels had tripled. They were not sure what was going on.
    They told me to we just had to wait it out (they weren't too hopeful for us) and booked me in for another scan, which I had at 7w/5d and there was our little miracle with a HR of 156bpm.

I am now 18w/4d and everything is going really well even with the rocky start we had.

I hope that everything works out for you both. Good luck and keep us informed...

Yeah, yeah! I am usi8ng my phone to access BH again ;-)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Sending you heaps of cuddles and sticky dust to your dw - good luck on thursday!!