+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by MsCurlyGirl View Post
    Hi Dise

My experience is that my SIVF FS is totally up-front and honest with me..... His sole aim is to give me the best possible chance of getting pregnant and taking home a healthy baby.

If he just wanted to wring as much money as possible out of me - he would just say what the other clinics say - "Its a numbers game" - "We dont know why its not working for you - keep trying" - "We dont know why the embryo is not implanting" . He would say - just keep doing cycles till you get your baby, but he does not say this.

My opinion is that IVF is a 'science/research game' and SIVF is well and truly at the front of the pack.
    Well said
    I find my SIVF FS to be the same, this is our first cycle with them. They haven't slagged my old clinic off in fact they have said my prev cycles have been quite good and pointed out a few areas where things could be improved and were rolling with that.

She was totally upfront we are moving to a more expensive unit and that given we have 5 frosties elsewhere that we really needed to sit down and think long and hard BUT she did give me much more info much more care much more everything in comparison to my old FS who would just write the paper work up for my next cycle the DAY OF TRANSFER! now THAT is money grAbbing and negative from the get go!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I agree MsCurlyGirl, I didnt go there to make friends, I wanted a baby and thats exactly what I got. My FS asked about my history, did a few investigations and gave us options of things we could try and the pro's and con's of each option. At the time i did my first cycle I was 28 so age was not a problem, but after 7 yars of "trying" and no baby, Fertility was.

So Bebe, How did it go. Feel free not to let me know if you want to keep it quiet but i hope it was ok and you are back on track. All my best wishes are coming your way ..

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Just from reading other people's journeys I would say to those of you out there who have failed IVF 3 times, DON'T GIVE UP, it can happen
    Last edited by AceOfBase; 06-01-2015 at 12:20.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi! I am a current patient if Dr Lightens and just wanted to say that I cannot recommend him or Norwest Genia(SIVF) more highly. Dr Lighten is my 3rd FS and the first to actually investigate my and DH's infertility issues. He did not push us straight into IVF as previous clinics did but after much testing etc he advised it was our best chance- I fell pregnant first cycle and now have a 7mth old daughter.

I recently saw him in Aug to commence a FET cycle and was amazed that not only did he know and remember my history- the staff at Genia recognized me by sight. The whole clinic has made feel very comfortable and are very caring if me. Dr Lighten is up front but I like this as I know he is doing everything for positive results.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to CharlieandHarley For This Useful Post:

bebehvala  (07-09-2011)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi everyone- myself and hubby met Dr Lighten last week- we are using ivf for PGD to stop a genetic condition passing onto our future babies. Dr Lighten is really great he answered all our questions, we didn't feel rushed at all and he was thorough! Just by doing an internal ultrasound he has found an issue with my uterus that requires an operation (not the best news!) but he said we are better off having the operation making sure everything is working at it's best before we go and spend $$ on the actual ivf. He was lovely and everyone at norwest Genea has been great!