+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Thanks for the info gals!

So he hates ladies with a bit of 'cushion for the push'n aye'? [was that too vulgar for BH - sometimes things get so serious it's nice to lighten things up ]

Melzy - thanks so much for the reassurance in SIVF/Genea. Seems hardly anyone has anything negative to say about them.

mumtochris - thanks for sharing your story. It was certainly helpful. I'm just sorry he was not great with you. I guess he feels strongly about that link - I have no idea either way, so I do hope that you've found a great FS that can help you along your journey. [and do hope G & B get preggers soon as they would be great parents love them]

MummyMoo, it was your post that tipped me over the edge to make contact with Dr lighten today as he seems up my alley. I need someone who says it like it is, gives options, and lets me have some control [I am a control freak, and that does not mix too well with IVF I've learned]

Sooooooooo, I rang his office today and low and behold the wait it 2 months....dang! BUT the receptionist said someone had just cancelled on the previous call so he could see me on Monday. Am so happy, after this crappy week. I know that we can't start cycling now- but to know that I can work out a new plan and be ready makes this IVF'er happy.

Thanks again for taking the time to post.

Best wishes to you all, where ever you are along you baby making journey.
    Last edited by bebehvala; 01-09-2011 at 21:21.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I changed to Dr Lighten after being with WFC for a few cycles, no success, but mostly the fact they didn't seem prepared to investigate further, just saying "you are getting closer".

I have found him to be wonderful - he has returned my calls (even after hours), answered my emails, and done tests looking for answers. He has kept both my GP and myself updated with letters on progress/test results - something WFC never did. My GP would never even have known I was doing it...Yes he can be direct and to the point, (eg. weight) but I was not offended when he suggested I lose a few kilos, I knew I should anyway - and IVF was a good motivator. There is evidence that a 10% weight loss can improve fertility.

Whilst I have not yet had success, I am about to commence another cycle with him, and couldn't think of possibly using another FS. He has also been honest in stating this should probably be our last try...it will be number 5, and if it was going to work it will usually have done so within 3 cycles. (He could easily continue to take my $$, but believes after sooo long trying, we need to move on with our lives, which hubby and I know to be true.This has been a long journey for us)He claims to have the best success rate in Sydney, and we are producing very good quality embryos that are just not sticking. I have other medical issues which are possibly the cause, and am hoping that I have now fixed those and will have a positive outcome this time.

I can't recommend him highly enough, but all you can do is make an appointment with him, and see if you like him. If not, you can go elsewhere. Initially before WFC I met with a Dr from IVFA, and could not take to him at all...you need to feel comfortable with them as there is enough stress with IVF without adding to it.

Wishing you well
    Last edited by kelbelle; 01-09-2011 at 21:40.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I must have been typing at the same time you were. Glad to have gotten in to see him so quickly!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks Kelbel,

We must have been typing at the same time

Well thanks for your response. As you can see I had been lucky enough to get an appointment to see him, and just hope my old clinic can get the files faxed to him on Monday in time [had to send them formal letter in writing to request it!]

Returned calls, answering emails, and doing tests looking for answers, ALL should be standard practice - but I am hearing that it's not always the case. I am extra excited now as my old clinic also never kept my GP or myself updated with letters on progress/test results, I like the sound of that

I'm sorry your journey has been so long and testing. As you say it's nice to know he has your best interests at heart and not his bank balance. Stay in touch, I'd love to hear how you go next round [maybe we will be cycling at the same time and will bump into each other at the clinic]

Thanks again to everyone for your responses. I feel like after a very difficult week, I have some light at the end of the tunnel and am looking forward more than backwards.

xx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Ahh Thats great Bebe.. All my very best wishes for monday

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Bebehvala,
    Good luck at your appt on Monday.
    Sydney IVF success rates are the best in Aust - lots of press about it this week.
    Ask Dr Lighten to explain the current success rates.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks MSCurly

So glad to hear about another happy patient of his.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Dear Bebe - wishing you all the best for tomorrow's appointment

9. The Following User Says Thank You to AceOfBase For This Useful Post:

bebehvala  (05-09-2011)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi, i used sivf and found them to put their success rates first before the patient. My age was an issue but they continually recommended siui's instead of trying to retrieve the few eggs and at least try. Of course that would affect the widely advertised success rates, the reason why most people go there. This was confirmed by other people in the fertility industry. Of course keep in mind they are all businesses, there to make money. Sorry to be a harsh realist but its the truth.

Thanks
    Reviews

Default My SIVF FS is honest

Hi Disey,

My experience is that my SIVF FS is totally up-front and honest with me. So much so that he has outlined what he considers appropriate in my case (max 2 ivf cycles - and if it doesnt work by then there is little point in continuing - as Ive already had 2 cycles at another clinic). His sole aim is to give me the best possible chance of getting pregnant and taking home a healthy baby.

If he just wanted to wring as much money as possible out of me - he would just say what the other clinics say - "Its a numbers game" - "We dont know why its not working for you - keep trying" - "We dont know why the embryo is not implanting" . He would say - just keep doing cycles till you get your baby, but he does not say this.

My opinion is that IVF is a 'science/research game' and SIVF is well and truly at the front of the pack.