Closed Thread
Page 96 of 128 FirstFirst ... 46869495969798106 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 17/10/14100 Posts in a week
    Wow Swede he'll be 1 in less than a week! that's incredible to believe.

Sounds like you had a lovely birthday.

Alittle for your test tomorrow

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Swede - happy belated 40th birthday .

JFB - your daycare should have explained how the ccr works to you, it was one of the things my daycare 1st asked me how I wanted to proceed with it and advised I had to contact centrelink to set it up, it was a bit confusing at 1st but daycare automatically send in attendance records to centrelink, I have to sign an absence register if Evie has been away, I have forgot to do it sometimes so may have missed out on some payments but it's too hard to check it so I haven't bothered. Sometime last year I received a letter from centrelink to inform me how the rebate can be paid, it use to be every 3 months but you can opt for it to be weekly, fortnightly etc to be paid straight to the daycare centre so your fee is reduced. I left mine every 3 months so the payment comes direct to me & it's like getting a little bonus now and then. I think I will change it when I increase Evie's days when I find work.
    I was just thinking today that I've managed pretty well with Evie not being at daycare, I know she only goes one day a week but really the only thing I'm looking forward to with her going back next week is getting my house straightened up. But in saying that I left her with my parents today to go do my big grocery shop and I'm seriously starting to think I can't leave her with them anymore, my mum really worried me today, she was so scattered and it's been happening alot lately. I thought my dad was a worry but now thinking I have to keep an eye on my mum. Ive noticed other daycare centres are back open, no idea why mine isn't until next week, must make it hard for some people to get care when they work.

Tired - the girls are gorgeous

Alittle - not long now, I have everything for you.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Amum - we don't get anything either, but we do qualify for the ccr.

If your DH works, and you are looking for work, studying or on mat leave, you qualify. Worth looking into. My cc centre told me everyone qualifies for ccr...pretty much anyway. I got mega confused, and wasn't going to bother as if it was means tested we were definitely out of the race. It was worth it. I get half my payments back - Spencer goes for 2 days a week.

Swede - wow - Archie turns 1 in a few days! Where did that time go??

AFU - Archie is catnapping during the day and waking often overnight the last couple as well. Hoping it will be a phase and he will settle into a nice routine at some stage!! I'm not too worried, but it does my head in as I can see he is tired, but he is resisting sleep with all his might. grrr!! H's feeding quite a bit and wanting lots of cuddles.
    Not reading too many books this time. I'm going more on instinct, but I think the wonder week stuff gives me an idea of when I can expect him to be a bit grouchy/needy. Our CYH nurses provide us with a photocopy of the weeks, so it's kind of shoved in my face and I can't help but reference it. Maybe I should burn the info they gave me

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi girls

Moong - Yep i to qualify for the ccr....sorry i meant to say all the other stuff from centrelink we don't get......

Swede - Happy B'Day...sounds like you had a great b'day......and Archie turning 1....gosh that time goes fast....

Hello to everyone...gotta go, got a little man here yelling out MUM MUM MUM........

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Just a quick post from me as I have to head out, but braved the POAS this morning and there is definately a faint second line. I'm pretty sure it's a P, but would not call it a BFP just yet Cautiously excited and as BT is not until Monday and being the POAS addict I am, will continue testing until then. Think I'm coming down with a cold too ..... darn it!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Alittle. Very exciting news. Hopefully that line gets nice and strong!

MG. I'm hearing you. Henry has some sleeping problems too. He sleeps great during the day. But once we get to about 10-11 at night he gets fussy, wakes up/falls asleep/wakes up etc. I have to hold him/rock him or he cries. I can only put him into the bassinet for about 10 minutes before he starts up again. So I'm not getting to sleep until about 4-5am! Dear me, I hope this turns around.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    HI Ladies,

Kismet - wow, a long wait till your appointment but I guess it will go fast. I agree with JF - you don't so much have reservations but you're realistic which is a good thing - come what may Re what you will do with Evie and labour - the birth centre I'm going to really has opened my eyes to being in labour and bringing along your toddler (with a second support person) - lots of really positive birthing stories and apparently the toddler accepts them easier as apposed to being in the dark for ?1 whole day and then having a baby thrust upon them (as long as you give them lots of preparation/read graphic books and warn them about screaming etc etc...) Well they had me convinced but DH was adamant with a NO WAY!! So that was the end of that he he.....
    Nay's day care doesn't start till next week too - I agree a bit late if youre a worker. I've got an appointment this afternoon with a fairly local FDC place that has the days I need but it's expensive $9.50 per hour min 8 hours - grrrrr... and I'll need a car to get there unless I get VERY fit with the phil and teds?????????

JF - what do you mean you don't need to buy anything - what about all those cute pink dresses you ??might need Hope you're sorted with centerlink - the whole thing is still a bit of a mystery to me and gives me a headache...

Tired - glad amelia is ok - 2mls bless her!! Hope she gets some bigger amounts soon... are you expressing or bottles? Is Mia feeding well?? Hope you're not TOO tired

Alittle - oh so exciting!! If you're getting sick just watch those night sweats - don't want to cook that little one - panadol?? Wishing you some big numbers on Monday

Swede - happy 40th birthday!! such a big event, glad you embraced it with a party Hope the back to work situation isn't too tiring for you - the year certainly did go fast !!

BK - oh god, such sleepless nights you're having! Hope you get LOTS of rest during the day and keep sane - hang in there....

AFM - well since DH refused to bring nathan to the birth I've now got 2 friends that will be on call up until the EDD (just not sure I trust them to answer the phone at 3am??) and then with some arm twisting I have mom/MIL staying for a week each for the following 2 weeks. I won't let it go beyond that cause I have too many appointments to get to -Nathan's all important paed appointment and new bub's ortho appointment for these ?talipes feet. Glad that's sorted.... Now just have lots of little jobs to do in prep for the birth but looking forward to FDC starting next week

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    M4N sounds like your getting things under control, which is great. Not sure. I'd want my kids at the birth but I don't want anyone there. I find talking during labour really frustrating and with my girls there'd be a million questions and comments. I'd probably wind up strangling them with the umbilical cord

Kismet boo for the long wait, but yes it will fly. January's nearly half over! Scarlett's daycare doesn't reopen til next week too, and the days there end at 5pm. Yes not sure what I'd do if I had to go back to work.

Kel those early days do suck, but the way I looked at it was each day done we were getting closer to more sleep! Well that's the theory anyway. Marc's still a shocker at night so what would I know?

Well better run. He's 10 months old today and is throwing massive tantrums at the moment because he will not go to sleep. Bbl

Thanks
    Reviews
    hi

alittle: sounds good, keep giving us those POAS updates please

m4n: mmm forgot about the pink stuff but my mum will be RUNNING to the stores if we need pink , she bought some pink last time and she bought pink again.....sounds like u have some things well org for the birth ..in fact one the drawbacks for me for even considering a v birth (besides being a wuss and having this paranoia about my vjj never recovering ) was the whole what would we do with DS?

kismet: yes our in laws are older than my parents and my mum is not so spritely...i picked DS yesterday from in laws....they said he wouldnt sleep til after 1pm but no doubt cos the house was a steambox , i mean it was like 50 degrees, H was all red in the face, im like ffs turn on your friggin air cond ( i have a "thing' about ppl not using air cond when u actually really need to..aka borderline heatstroke .....anyway) and he'd fallen off his trike and had a bruised eye...i mean nothing major but i do wonder about how vigilant they are re the temp and supervision.....i made 3 requests at daycare this morning 1) about the CCR 2) about putting H to bed AS EARLY AS POSSIBLE and wake him BEFORE 1.30pm (otherwise he is not tired enf to go to bed at 7.30pm and that is needed to keep me on this side of sane) and 3) to change his days to either a monday or friday (keep the wednesday) from april...so ..they did mention the CCR way back in june but me and DH wellllllllll we just shrugged it off at the time..it was all in the too hard basket

mg and bk: gee i dont envy u girls right now.....im feeling nervous about the lack of sleep...i had a bad nights sleep and got up quite angry in the end but got over it quick....it wont last forever (thats what i keep telling myself....anyway ).....

nessie: i saw some pics of Ash on FB with his little suitcase..how cute!!!!

swede: happy 40th!!!!!!!!!! 40 is the new 30

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Alittle i meant to say woo hoo for the 2nd line. I hope it continues to get darker.