Closed Thread
Page 94 of 128 FirstFirst ... 44849293949596104 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    HI ladies,

tired - sorry to hear about little amelia - what a trauma having surgery so early, separated from you and family AND a diagnosis of t21.... As everyone else has said though, you are certainly NOT alone and you've already got a big family ready to love her to bits - AND a twin sister beautiful Mia so she's already blessed. Must be hard though to just wait and see with approaching milestones etc... and a twin to be compared with too (but they are non identical hey??).. so not fair to compare too much regardless. I also have stresses awaiting dreaded diagnoses for my DS so I know a little of what you're going through Glad you're ok post c section too

Sonja - yep, Nathan is mostly there with toilet training - still nappies at sleep times and I have to assist with toileting so not really much help re another bub coming unfortunately - but does open up kindy options and Yes, he's still on the waiting list... problem is socially he'd FREAK with so many kids - if we had our diagnosis then he'd qualify for special needs within the kindy, but that's ALONG way off yet. Was hoping for 1 more year of FDC so hopefully we'll find something - have one more week....

Kismet - yay, did you get your sperm - so happy you're about to try again too - I knew you were thinking of it but didn't realise you'd made the decision
    Re the pillow - sounds like she's ready - Nathan also LOVED his pillow from day 1 - it also came with the bed at around 2yrs.

JF - I'm hearing you with the hip pain! I get it both sides and struggle to sleep too. I personally hate pillows in bed but I know it would help heaps. I also do exercises for the hips that helps me ALOT - it's just cause your pelvis is getting wider (sorry to say to accommodate for the bub). Sidelying with hips/knees bent and separate knees as far as possible by rotating your hip externally keeping feet together. Repeat as many times as possible and it strengthens your ext rotators of the hip therefore inc. stability of the joint = more comfortable in bed/walking everything really. Hope that makes sense??

AFM - just had 36 week ultrasound and placenta moved up and all ready to go... bub measuring at a tiny 2.4kg - 19th percentile... hope he's healthy
    Nathan was hard work at the hospital - a bad day for us In bed fast asleep now so I might go and join him....
    HI to all I've missed....

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 17/10/14100 Posts in a week
    M4N sounds like things are tough at the moment. I don't want to say anything to frighten anyone else on this thread having #2 but it is hard work whether you have a child who has issues like Nate or not. I wish you could have been a fly on the wall on some of my days with Scarlett when Marc was only tiny. She loved her brother to bits but just couldn't handle me breastfeeding, no matter how I tried to distract her. Man they were tough and with no family support you feel so alone sometimes. She also still needs help with the toilet and TBH it's hard now Marc's moving as he follows her everywhere and stands at the toilet while she's going which drives her insane. At least if the baby can stay in one stop you don't have that hassle to deal with.

Scarlett suffers with extreme shyness (to the point it is almost a disorder) but we're pushing on with kindy as it's something I need her to do to develop social skills. My sister's son who has asperger's coped quite well with childcare - the carers are usually very good with kids as a lot of them don't settle as well as we might hope they will.

Anyway I hope you're resting. I know it's easy to say this but try not to stress too much about the future as there is only so much you can do to be prepared and the rest is really out of your control. Once the baby comes it will be hard but in another sense it gets easier as you know what you're dealing with and can just get on with it, iykwim.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Sonja For This Useful Post:

mum4nay  (09-01-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    m4n: was that for testing at the hospital? hope u are having a rest now....
    those size scans are always off i reckon..H was 1/2 kg heavier than what they said, my friends baby was a whole 1 kg heavier.....altho no one wants a 4+ kg baby for a v birth tho

sonja: i was only just thinking about BFing and what will i do with H??? i mean we are talking about a kid who wants me to watch and play and "do" things with him every 5 minutes (unless he gets engrossed in something like a new TV show or last night it was drawing with a biro pen over everything for 1/2 hour, i didnt care as it kept him busy)...he particularly doesnt like me sitting down for long..i suppose i can sit on the floor and "play" with toys while bfing....prob end up with nipple cripple tho ....but im thinking H used to take an hour to feed for the first 3 months.....mmmm it will be fun....oh and i AM $hitting myself already dont worry...

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Rest over... nathan still asleep 3.5 hours after - so that was the problem today??!

Ummm, BF with a toddler - I'm planning to watch LOTS of wiggles - will send me round the twist but hoping N will be happy with that. Lots of mums have told me it continues to get harder rather than easier as No 2 gets mobile... we'll all draw on your experience Sonja!!!!!!!

JF - How's your city select???????????????? I covet them on the streets - I'm very tempted but too stingy with the cash to actually buy one

Thanks
    Reviews
    Tired - I just wanted to convey my support to you. 2 such beautiful babies. I hope Amelia's t21 is mild and she knows how lucky she is to have such a loving family surrounding her.
    There will be challenging times ahead for all of you but you will get through. Just a different kind of normal for you.

AFM - Archie driving me batty today. i haven't had S all day, but this little one won't go down for a sleep longer than 40 minutes, and has only had 2 sleeps today. He is fighting sleep with all his might. argh!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi girls

Tired - Just wanted to send a big to you and your baby girl....i hope the t21 is a very mild form...she will be loved no matter what.........i hope she is on the mend now from her op.

Moong - Kade was a 40 min cat napper as a new born.....OMG it was tiring.....little devil, but he is great now.......so there is light at the end of the tunnel.....hang in there hun.

Kade has started calling DH by his real name...Mark...its hilarious........he says and does the funniest things now....very independant and very grown up.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Moon - is A nearing the 6 week mark? I can't recall how old he would be now. Perhaps growth spurting. Oh how I hated those. E never fed for long at all (15 mins each side if that) so i would forget she needed more feeds during those times and wonder wtf she was crying for, she was also a cat napper during the day, there were lots of 5 second showers during that time.

M4N - it will take upto 2 months for sperm to be approved despite already having a child to same donor...system sucks really. Made my appointment with FS today & can't get in until end of Feb anyway ...that's what I get for putting things off. Must admit I still have some reservations bcs in the pit of my stomach I really don't think it's going to happen, so there's alot on my mind right now plus wondering if I can be bothered going thru it all again even just one go. Not quite sure how to handle Evie when I go for epu etc & if I were to get utd, again I'm not quite sure what to do with Evie when time comes to go to hosi, but that's getting way ahead of myself. Definately not leaving her in the hands of woman I just babysat for, she would come back totally ferral & with god knows what else. Not to mention will be $hatting myself wondering if it's going to be as hard as everyone is fearing . Sounds like I'm talking myself out of it I know but that's only half the stuff I'm thinking about. I'm probably tying myself in knots over nothing.
    Don't worry about size of bub, he will be fine, he should gain quite a bit of weight between now and due date. E was only 2.8kg born (6.4 pound) and I liked she was that size.

Amum - hello stranger. Kade sounds very cute

Thanks
    Reviews
    Kismet, A is 6 weeks, but thought he went through a wonder week a couple of weeks ago. He is due one in about a week, so maybe he's going early. He's only just gone down now after being awake since about 4pm. O m g

Sent from my iPhone using Bub Hub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Kel - haven't had time to pm you, but wanted to let you know I will soon.

Sent from my iPhone using Bub Hub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 17/10/14100 Posts in a week
    Honestly MG I by the 3rd I gave up on all that wonder week stuff. I'm sure there's a lot of truth in it but I now think they'll sleep when they'll sleep and feed when they feed. I haven't opened one book this time and it hasn't made a jot of difference.

I hope you get some peace tonight.

Amum Scarlett often calls DH Dylan I think because she hears me say it. Very cute.