Closed Thread
Page 92 of 128 FirstFirst ... 42829091929394102 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 17/10/14100 Posts in a week
    m4n that sux. I hope you find something soon. Do they think they'll be able to find you something? Now Nathan's close to toilet trained can you relook at kindy? are you still on waitlists?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    M4N - what a pain for you, hope you can get him in somewhere soon. Family daycare can be good in some aspects but that's the drawback when the carer is sick or something, that's how I ended up doing the babysitting I've done cos the mother's usual caring system had same drama, with a community based centre you don't have that problem. Hopefully something will come up. Some daycare centres are fully booked right at the beginning of the year but the daycare centre Evie goes to sometimes the parents over book days to get their children in and then pull out of the days they don't need so perhaps you might get something that way.

Alittle - 2ww sucks, it's so hard to relax & not think about it.

BK - sounded like you were staying at the Hilton, not a hospital . It's nice Ruby is not so clingy now, would be less worrying for you.

Moon - I have no routine for myself, only for Evie , I come second in this house, so it's when I get a 'chance' I do something or try to get out of the house but it is better if I get organised. Evie's routine is changing, her sleep patterns have been all over the place lately so it's been hard to plan anything around her particularly the past week or so, I just had to chance it some days.

At what point do you give a child a pillow to sleep on? I was thinking not until they go into a bed but Evie has been lying on the cushions on the lounge recently and also positions her blanky under her head when she's asleep in her cot so I'm tempted to get her one, also hoping that having one will stop her being so restless and sleeping all over the cot, she has a habit of sleeping cross ways in the cot. The most annoying thing lately is she wakes with any noise I make, she use to sleep through any noise no matter how loud it was, but lately I can't bang around in the kitchen or leave the tv sound up until I know she's well and truly asleep, nor can I talk on the phone which I'm finding a total pain.

Have sent off my application for sperm today, but I've been out alot last few days and haven't made my appointment with FS yet, keep missing the clinic hours, will do it 1st thing Monday morning.

Thanks
    Reviews
    alittle: there is no way u can rest after xfer with a baby / toddler..i was lifting H the day of the xfer..i was worried too but seriously i firmly beleive if bubba will
    stick it will and activity has nothing to do it with it..my clinic would say do your usual activity's, my fs would just say dont lift anything too heavy...H was about 12kg when i got utd and i was him lifting all day all thru 2ww...............good luck.

m4nay: i agree bad timing....i would hate to have to change and look for new day care for H.....i hope u find something asap, the family day care u were are at helping ppl i assume? do u think N would do better in another family daycare situation or a larger centre? i certainly hope u can find something b4 bub2 arrives . the testing u have booked is not something anyone would look forward to..... just hoping that if N gets diagnosed he is on the mild end.

kismet: i have managed to get H back into a good routine...and his sleep is now perfect (so i'll enjoy it while it lasts )....he is going down at 7.30pm, sleeping thru til 6.30-7am and has one day sleep at about 11am for an hour+..i have had to have a strict bedtime routine that involves a slow winding down, quiet play for about 45minutes , turning off the TV and singing the wiggles song about the bear going to sleep ..im hoping that the daycare will keep this routine or at least not let him sleep til after 2pm....i will have to talk to them and say he has had a routine chnage during the break and the whole not going to bed late if he wakes after 1.30pm.....im so glad to get some me time back in the evening that im going to be pretty adamant that they try to not let him sleep late.......i'd rather he have no sleep and be grizzly than refuse to go to bed til 9.30-10pm....im not sure about the pillow thing??? i think u can get quite flat pillows for toddlers but not sure about the official recommendation on when they say its safe to use a pillow....

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    JFB that's great about H's sleep. Yes i also need my evenings to myself so know how you feel.

Kismet both my girls were in beds by 18 months and had pillows. I have some really small pillows i used in the pram so maybevyou could try her with something quite small ? Scarlett used soft toys as pillows in her cot at around 1 so i knew she was ready.

Thanks
    Reviews
    JFB - great that H is sleeping better. Hope the daycare can stick to your request, that's one of my pet hates with my daycare, they do what they want. Evie's back to go to be bed between 7.30 and 8pm. She went at 8 last night and woke at 8 this morning, got an hours sleep in, woohoo. It's her day sleep that varies, she went down at 12 today so if she wakes before 2 it will be a struggle to keep her up until bed time tonight cos I've cut the arvo sleep too unless she's being a nightmare. Sometimes I don't know whether to put her down before or after lunch, she had lunch yesterday before going to bed but today needed her sleep by the time I made lunch. Seeing that she woke at 8 today she had MT at 10.30 so didn't think she would want lunch any earlier than 12ish and didn't think she would be tired yet either

Sonja - I can't imagine Evie being in a bed soon, she's just too restless I don't think a side rail would keep her in it. Going to check out some pillows though. Cot sheet sets come with a slip, something I was surprised about considering the safety recommendations these days. I just made corn fritters for Evie's lunch, she seemed to like them but was too tired to eat much.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Kismet in hindsight Scarlett was too young to go into a bed because she's spent the last 12 months getting out of it. the bed rail proved no use in keeping her in. but she's great now and hasn't got a bed rail on anymore and will stay in bed. She desperately wanted to go into a bed because she wanted to be like Lucy and we needed the cot for Marc.

Not sure we'll be so fast to move Marc into a bed.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Ladies

I know that i dont get on much and feel bad for it..

I am going really well..I am shocked ay how quick i am recoering from the c-section and carnt believe that it 9 days sence i had my beautiful twin girls. I am home now and really hated leaving the girls there in specail Care nursery..It breaks my heart everyday that i have to leave them. Carnt wait to the day they can come home with me..Mia is going really well..She put on 77 grams in 2 days and is now drinking 35mls every 2 hours....Amelia has had a few problems...She was having trouble feeding her milk would just sittin her stomach..The drs ended up doing xrays and found that she had a blockage at the top of her bowel on Tuesday and they operated that afternoon to fix it..She is on the mend now we havent been able to give her any cuddles sence the day of her op as she has been on morphine up until yesterday and only woke up propley last night..We are allowed to start to give her cuddles again tomorrow and caent wait..We have found out that She has Trisomy 21 down syndrome...The Dr carnt tell us yet how bad she has it yet and they wont know for a while...I am hoping that she hasnt got it that bad..We will still love her as much as we love her sister Mia and all my other children....I am finding it hard to come to terms that this has happen us....

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Oh Tired this must be such a difficult time of so many different emotions. I hope Amelia recovers very quickly and is getting cuddles again soon. Any idea how long the dr thinksnit will be before they know the extent of her trisomy 21? Sending you lots and lots of hugs xx

Thanks
    Reviews
    tired: im so sorry to hear that amelia has had to have surgery and u found out she has downs syndrome, it must have been devastating for you and family i cant imagine what feelings you must be having but she will be loved and cherished and that the most important thing.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Tired I'm so glad to hear Mia is doing so well. It sounds like Amelia has a few challenges ahead. It must have been such a shock to find out she has t21. It sounds to me like she will have a wonderfully supportive family to grow up in who will love and cherish her

Before Henry was born I did quite a bit of research on having a baby with T21, due to my age I knew it was a possibility. I found a lot of support threads of people with DS babies, a lot of them who had found out and decided to go ahead with the pregnancies. To be honest they filled me with hope that things would be ok if my baby had DS, that their are a lot of wonderful aspects of DS babies and children.

I hope that you and your family can get the support that you need and that Amelia continues to improve x