Closed Thread
Page 91 of 128 FirstFirst ... 41818990919293101 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    kismet: yes huntingtons is an horrendous disease.....the whole thing is very sad.

nessie: good luck with the potty training....h is saying more words every week....this week its 'bubbles" and "shoes"...hope u all feel better soon and come back to home for some R&R

kismet: H is ususally fine with sand, he had a piece of watermelon drop in the sand about 30 seconds b4 he lost it....i have a photo oh him sooking on the beach!

well i have to admit it....i couldnt be a SAHM...H is just soooooooo demanding right now ,wants entertainment alllll day, u dont get a moments peace....i sadi to DH im going out and he said where i said anywhere to get away from H .....dreadful i know....i dont know how ppl do it, im just not used to having to entaertain him all day every day anymore...its been about 7 days straight and omg i needed a break!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 17/10/14100 Posts in a week
    JFB i think it's hard when you don't do it all the time. I know when i was working i found my days off with the kids really hard sometimes and school holidays even harder. But after i was at home for a few weeks i got into the groove of it and now it's fine. I take pleasure in the really small things and i find that helps. Like this morning we had to drop lucy at a friend's place then go to kmart really quickly to pick something up all before marc's sleep. When at kmart i put marc and scarlett on an In The Night Garden ride and Marc smiled and laughed his head off. 30 seconds of absolute pleasure.

It's taken me getting to my 3rd baby to really stop and enjoy the smallest little things. Din't get me wrong there are PLENTY of days i could drown them all in the bath after a long day . I don't think being pregnant with a small child helps.

Thanks
    Reviews
    thanks sonja, H really enjoys being a round other kids i find but i dont know anyone around here with young kids his age....he trys to play with kids at the park but they are often older than him so just run past him,,hence wanting to get him into a playgroup..mind u he was happy to chase the birds today lol...........i get bored doing the same things i find..aka park, ball, his toys, his is hopeless at the moment with shopping ie as soon as the pram stops he cracks it so shopping is out....he is a ball of energy..............he is currently pinching me and banging on my chair whilst screaming cos im not paying him attention............days are better when we go out allllllllll day. ...better go...he is losing it.

Thanks
    Reviews
    ok now i can finish

sorry if its sounds like im whinging..being pg doesnt help and im tired today forsome reason.

BK: are u still in hospital or back home? hope your boobs are are feeling better.

mum4nay: how are u going with DS? do u have more testing for him coming up soon?

MG: how is little archie? how often are u getting up to feed?

alittle: how are u coping in the 2ww? i think u are a poas addict...... or not ????

spot: i bet u are counting down to ur scan.....hope all is going well.

kismet: reminder to book FS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    JFB you sound perfectly normal. I was just answering your question about how SAHMs do it. It is a really tough thing to be at home with kids all the time. I think I forget though that I also have a 6 and a half year old who is very helpful and plays a lot with my 2 year old. If I didn't have Lucy I would go insane. And also having a kid at school gives my day a lot of structure which it lacked when I was home with just Lucy and Scarlett when Scarlett was a baby. Thos days would drag and drag. Playgroup is a great idea.

BBL

Thanks
    Reviews
    JFB. You are right, being preg doesn't help! Gosh the end of my pregnancy was extremely difficult. I am so grateful its over! And I can relate about not wanting to be SAHM full/time. Although I've never done it without the stress of having to work. But the days I get to go to work really do feel like I'm having a break! It's been interesting though since I came home from hospital, Ruby had been less clingy with me. I'm thinking (hoping) that a sibling will be really good for her. She started her 2nd day at childcare this week too and enjoyed herself.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Jfb - yep I agree with Sonja - I think it would be easier if you are home full time as a SAHM. I have just surrendered myself to chaos at the moment, and I don't know how successful I would be doing that if I was still bound by routine at work IYKWIM? I haven't really thought about it too much, but I had been trying to work out why I was a bit more relaxed this time around, and that could be it. But I def have my moments with the kids too!!

Kel - lovely Henry.xx and well done Ruby

A little gem I read the other day - apparently talc powder helps to get sand off kids. Someone started a thread about it and said it worked. Worth having a try ladies with sand pits, or Sonja, as I know you are at the beach often.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Kismet, that is so sad.... what an incredibly difficult situation for him and his family. So sad that he did not give them more of a chance to have time with him. I know that despite my mother's state, I never thought of her as a burden and cherished every extra day I had with her.

JFB, Playgroup is a great idea. I'd go batty if I didn't have some those type of outings with A during the week. We do playgroup and then do rhyme time at the Library. Maybe check your local library to see what they have on offer to keep him entertained. As for the 2ww, I haven't even made it to 1 week yet.... boy it's dragging! I am currently 4 days past a day 3 transfer so not really sure when I should test.... and yes you are correct, I am a POAS queen. .
    TBH, am feeling rather worried as I didn't rest at all immediately after transfer. I worked my butt off cooking til late that night and then did more work rearranging playroom the following day. i hope I haven't jeopardised anything.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Alittle i've never rested after a transfer so i wouldn't worry. I've alwYs just got back into my normal routine. I'm sure everything will be fine, but yes it's hard not to overanalyse everything we do or don't do during the tww.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Hi ladies,

I've stopped working weekends now so doing the full time SAHM - I agree with Sonja - it takes awhile but I get into my routines and have scheduled things to do every day - so basically we're out all morning every morning and DS sleeps most of the afternoons... I also thought I was very blessed as Nathan is not demanding at all like you describe JFB - now it just makes me sad to think it's not a blessing at all and probably a neurological problem... paed appointmnet end feb but I'm pretty sure it won't be good news JF - how's the new pram? How much was it from amazon?

Even more bad news today - Nathan's family day care lady has had to close her business due to illness so they are trying to find another place ASAP for us - couldn't be worse timing AND I mostly don't have a car so it's going to either be a long walk or public transport involved - I feel like someone's got it in for me lately gggrrrrrrrrrr............