Closed Thread
Page 9 of 128 FirstFirst ... 78910111959109 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    BK: well R will probably be a good reader .

kismet: yeh why not, i'll go out on a limb then and say its a girl , im certainly a lot moodier this time...LOL .

ok omfg...........ive come to conculsion that H is just a $hit sleeper. i am SHAGGED. i ended up in tears last night on the phone to DH at 12.30am asking why why why wont this kid hardly ever sleep thru the frugging night . i lost it, i broke a phone, i slammed his bedroom door shut in my losing the plotness then felt so gulity cos he cried so rang DH and bawled for 1.2 hr. he woke at 11pm, i almost got him back to sleep within about 15mins with just a drink of water then he lost it and i could tell he wasnt going back to bed anytime soon..usuaslly if he wakes that early he will be tired so will fall asleep quick again. i was just OVER IT, im like he doesnt have a bottle and yet still wakes and STAYS awake, then im panicking thinking if i get so worked up i;ll have a m/c...DH on a 5 night stint on nightshift..just hormonal and couldnt cope then feeling bad about how i lost it. Dh finally said just give him bottle and go back to sleep wahts the point he awake for hours anyway...for once DH was actually very supportive of my rants (probably cos he says he feels the same way..he lost it a few nights earlier) i said most kids his age are sleeping thru that i know what wrong with him...anyway we agreed that we need to re do the whole sleep and settle properly including daytime behaviour (altho hard when 4 days out of 7 other ppl are looking after him) and just keep him in bed when he sooks at night, not get him up. honestly......what a tragic night .

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    A little gee you have had tough time, I think enough is enough. Glad you got your Mums tapestries & I so know how you are feeling. A lot of Mums things are MIA & it breaks my heart to think they are gone forever. Your Mum will always be with you goodriddins to that awful Stepfather.

Kismet I hope Evie starts to feel better soon, Ash is still a bit blah today, we are FINALLY getting out of the house today, but no playgroup.

Kel I think it might be the age as Ash is super clingy ATM, I think he gets worse when DH is away. Thank god he is home in 5 more days.

Has anyone thought about toilet training yet? Mums that already have gone through it when did you start??? And how?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 17/10/14100 Posts in a week
    JFB I feel your pain Scarlett has never been a good sleeper it's really tough some nights. I can't really offer any words of wisdom as we've done so much to upset her routine in her short life it's no surprise she doesn't sleep well. I would only suggest (as it sounds like you're doing) you try and sort it before no 2 arrives. We had Scarlett sorted but she still started waking again. I made her DH's responsibility and I deal with Marc. It gets hard.

Lochnessie I aim for the first summer after they turn 2. We've started Scarlett but she's actually quite resistant which surprised me as she wants to be big in ever other way. How old is Ash now?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi girls

Jfb - I know this is going to sound mad but have you just let him cry himself to sleep once he wakes....Tresillian told me to do that and it worked.....but Kade was awake 3 times last night, i got up twice so i will be letting him cry himself back to sleep tonight for sure....as long as they have a break in the crying they are ok....good luck. Its the pits when they won't sleep and yep i have slammed doors and yelled as well so its all normal hun. Don't feel to bad

Alittle - What a f*%#ing ahole your stepfather is........at least now he is out of your life. Your precious memories of your mum will live on forever with you. Just remember all the good times

Nessie - I trained Jett when he was two. I did it in the summer time, put him straight into undies (no pull ups) and we stayed at home for 2 weeks and he was done.......just put him on the loo every half hour when you start until he gets the idea......good luck.

Hello to everyone....hope you have a fab day

Thanks
    Reviews
    Alittle - what a dirt bag. Glad he is out of your life, and glad you were able to salvage something tangible to remember your mum with. Xxx

Jfb - as everyone else has said - it's normal to feel and act that way. I had a melt down the other day, thinking I was a **** mother and couldn't do anything right. S has been waking now and then in the night and with his teeth has been screaming like an animal, but we now know if we get him up he thrashes about and gets worse. We have started leaving him again, and he's getting the picture again. The whole leaving them to cry is the hardest thing I've done.

Ness - I'm going to wait until s shows some interest in the toilet. Also a new baby will make him regress if we make any headway anyway, so I'm waiting, whether it happens this summer or the next.

Sent from my iPhone using Bub Hub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Nessie - all I know is winter is a hard time to start toilet training. I was aiming to get out of the house today but I ended up going back to bed when Evie had her morning sleep and woke at 11.30 then didn't get a shower until after Evie's lunch, so couldn't be bothered, have been shagged all day with a headache. We might venture out tomorrow, I'm bored $hitless being stuck at home. It's such an effort to get her to eat anything other than a vegemite sandwich, have wasted so much food lately.

JFB - my niece was VERY moody and had a girl and so was I in the beginning but then I became rather chilled as the pregnancy progressed, felt very content. I still see you with another boy though. Don't feel bad about losing it, I don't know a mother that never does lose it at some point.

BK - Could be an age thing, but I think Evie's clingyness is more to do with her not being 100% atm, but will see once she's better if it's become a habit. Once Ruby knows how to read she probably won't want to ever pick up a book! Have you got any story books with cd's? Evie has a leap frog talking book and loves it.

To all the sleep deprived mums, hope you get some much needed soon!

Thanks
    Reviews
    ksimet: same here, H wont eat much at the mo, only wants yoghurt (those yoplait squeezies are great) and bottle and sultana's, biscuits, no 'real' food. hope u feel better. i used to get so bored at home too..i would drive for about 2 hours every day ..i know almost every street, backlane and country lane around this area. he has been VERY whingy....maybe teeth...oh no here he comes up the hall crying again!!!!!! he does have a little cold too.........

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 17/10/14100 Posts in a week
    JFB how was your night?

Thanks
    Reviews
    hi sonja: H didnt go to bed til 10pm, i knew this would happen as he fell asleep on the drive home (a friend has suggsted a dvd player attached to the back of the car seat) ...if the drive was only 40mins as oppsed to 75-85mins i think i could keep him awake. anyway there was 2 crying attempts to get him to sleep, by the second one he was all sweaty and red and his hair was all askew , he was getting in a state so got him up, he was yawning and then fell asleep in my arms in front of the tele 10 minutes later ....i dont understand him . maybe its just clingyness now....he is so stubborn!!! but he didnt wake at all , a few little cries but put himself back to sleep i had to wake him at 7.15am, he must have been tired, god knows i was .

how did u sleep.....???

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Thanks everyone for the advice on toilet training, I will maybe try around Feb just before he turns two.

JFB I hope things settle down with H soon, it must be so hard especially with first trimester fatigue. I have lost it a few times with Ash this week as he is soooo full on & now become clingy WTF there has to be something going on in the universe as all our bibs are clingy. Only 4 more sleeps & DH will be home.

Not much going on here, thank god we are both getting over our sickness, I don't do sick very well at all.
    Off to see my TCM today & cycle should start next week. Depends on AF, if it comes CD 26 I won't go ahead as that will mean EPU would be de around long weekend & I'm not risking another f***up like last time, but if AF arrives on CD 28 I will go ahead. I'm not fussed either way, I've learnt what will be will be all out of my hands.
    My poor Mummy had a little stroke on Wednesday Im really hoping this is over for her soon, just awful to watch her die in such a cruel way.