Closed Thread
Page 89 of 128 FirstFirst ... 3979878889909199 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    alittle: that is an excellent result!!!! lets hope that u wont need to do a FET, when is your BT? i think DH does actually have an idea or what is coming...we were talking about when we are going to put foxtel back on ie when i go on leave as being up 2-3 times a night BFing is so boring u need foxtel...and he said well i will need the sports channel cos i'll be at home and not the pub....

kel: ooh i dont envy or look forward to that unsettled period....i was vey lukcy that H did not have reflux or anything like that and that was hard enuf with a normal non reflux baby ..i think u have a gold sitiuation living with in laws tho so hopefully u can rest more in the day.

sonja: u are a trooper for still bfing, i supoose waking once a night is ok...but anymore i would be , i dont know how u ladies who bf for a long time did it TBH.....i have set myself a goal of 6 months, if i get that awful recurrent boob thrush again tho im packing it earlier, i spent 4 months trying to get rid of it to no avail....does the peppermint tea give u a lift? ive never had it.

kismet: me too, i think the latest ive been to bed is when i went to my brothers wedding in april...and that was the only time in the past what 3 years ive been "drunk" i would say.....my idea of a good time does not involve sitting in a pub.

...my baby jogger arrived , not sure what i will do with the other pram yet, might leave it at grandparents for a while as they may need to look after bub 2 for a few months b4 im comfortable putting him/her in daycare....

Q: is is better to have the toddler in daycare on non consecutive days when u have a newborn?..H goes wednsday / thurs now but im thinking of changing it to either monday or friday partly cos i did find a local playgroup that runs here on thursday and i want to start going to that after baby is a few months old....i was also thinking it would better to span out 'rest days' when i just have me and the baby???

Thanks
    Reviews
    Sonja. I don't drink much milk. Not a tea or coffee drinker, but I will def keep in mind what I'm eating. Little man was on and off the boob for about 5 hours last night. I'm having to express for 24 hours now as my boobs have been ravaged. So, so painful. Anyway, little piggy scoffed 110ml of EBM this morn!!!!

JFB. I asked my daycare the same question when I was booking Ruby for the extra day. They thought. Tues/thurs would be better than tues/we'd as it wouldnt be so long between visits over the weekend. Not sure how it will go though! Funny about your Dh. Mine at the moment is dealing with work, looking after Ruby and driving in to see me. Ruby last night wanted to follow him into the toilet. And he's telling me how tired he is juggling all these things. I'm like yep, welcome to my life buddy! I always find it amusing (for lack of a more expressive word) if he's got up for ruby I'm the morning his he will come and wake me up cos he needs to go to the loo/have a shower/ make lunch or something. I'm like, who do you think 'looks after her' when I have to do these things. She runs around the bathroom while I'm doing a sh*t trying to put toothpaste into my undies. Lol

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 17/10/14100 Posts in a week
    JFB i'm usually up 2 or even 3 times a night with one or all of the kids. Once you have more than 1 tbh "sleeping through" becomes a bit irrelevant. Marc slept through for the first time last night ( from 930 til 5am) but scarlett was up. You find a way to cope or you go mental.

Speaking of which, i personally find if kids are only going 2 days a week separating those days works better. If you've had a few sleepless nights it means you're not at home with 2 kids 2 days in a row so you get some more down time. The way Kel's doing it with Ruby means she's only got monday, wednesday and friday with 2 kids and can catch up on sleep tuesday and thursdays and when DH is home at the weekends. For us while scarlett has adored her baby brother from day 1 she's been very difficult for me some days and if i'd know i was going to get a break the following day it might have made it easier.

Thanks
    Reviews
    sonja: oh no im under the delusion??? that H (who sleeps thru mostly with proper routine) will sleep thru when bub is here.......omfg.....OMFG....$hit.

ok that makes sense re the daycare, they seeem to have vacancies (the benefit of semi rural) i will ask to put him down for the monday or the friday from about May.

BK: hope those boobs get better, oooh that hurts, i hate it! 110ml for a 3 day old is a pretty good appetite!!!!!!!!!!!!!! LOL i wake up DH if i want a shower when he is at home if he still in bed....getting a shower in peace is a blessing....my "worst' days are when im going to work and have to drop him at grandparents...i get up at 5.45am, have a shower, pray h doesnt wake up b4 im ready, get his stuff ready (if i havent from the night b4) have to have my bag packed for an overnight stay + H's...get H up, dressed and fed (altho now its toast and yoghurt in the car on the way) ...lug all this $hit downstiars and get going by 6.50am....oh and i love being constipated when pg and having an 18month trying to pull u off the loo to watch the wiggles............DH never has to deal with that situation. mind u he has been letting me sleep in til after 9am a lot of morning if we are both here, he is pretty good at getting up to H, so he should be, i work almost as much as him...

Q: for those who are eligible...did u get the baby bonus or the PPL?? im hoping we just scrape in again, that extra money was a real help.

Thanks
    Reviews
    BK - hungry little boy you have there.

All these coping stories when on the loo etc are cracking me up, love the toothpaste one. Right now I'm still in my pj's waiting for E to go to sleep so I can have an uninterrupted shower and I wanted to go out after lunch, not so sure that's going to happen now.

I needed the laugh as I'm in shock and saddened with the news of the death of a friend's husband, found dead in his car, apparently took his own life. Shocked to the core.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 17/10/14100 Posts in a week
    Oh Kismet i'm so, so sorry. My brother took his own life about 14 years ago and i think about him every day and it still hurts. I can only imagine how awful it must be for his wife. I still remember finding out about my brother like it was yesterday. I'm not an expert on grief at all and everyone copes differently but if she's a close friend can i suggest be there for her as much as you can. After my brother died a lot of people found it very hard to be around me as suicide is still such a taboo. I didn't want to be alone for a very long time, but i also didn't necessarily want to talk. Just having company meant the world to me. Again, i'm just so sorry no one should have to go through this it's horrible.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Kismet - terrible news. I hope you are ok, and I hope your friend knows she has a gem of support in you. Xxx

Alittle - great news re et. Enjoy pupo.

Kel - your poor booby. What a guzzle guts little h is!!

Jfb - I agree with non consecutive days at cc. Breaks up the week a bit.

I had spencer run out of the bathroom at one stage while I was pregnant and constipated. I had to stop mid poo and "suck it up". Eww tmi lol

Have a mild bout of gastro. Sick and tired of getting this. I had it late in my pregnancy and earlier last year had a bout of food poisoning. Hadn't had anything like that for 10 or so years. Argh!

Sent from my iPhone using Bub Hub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Hi ladies,

Just a quickie... nay is stirring...

KiSmet -

I also love the stories of 'sucking in the poo' and interrupted showers etc...

JFB - so how is the baby jogger?? I ended up getting a Phil and Teds 2nd hand from a girl at work and it's not the best with steering. Admittedly it's had a hard life and could probably do with some more tyres but I'm still tempted by amazon deals...

Does anyone else have problems steering the Phil and teds ?? Is it just an old and crap model?? I could go to the baby store but I resist

Re the consequetive days for day care - wished I asked advice cause I'm now locked in for Mon/tues thinking that would be better for Nathan - and lets face it, he's my main stress at the present time so I'll just stick with it...

BK - have you got the magic booby cream Lansolil ??or something like that. I LOVED that stuff on my sore boobs and they can still feed with it on... try to resist those stupid sheilds... good luck and I'll send you soothing vibes

Bye for now,

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks mun4nay, am using the special boobie cream. Sonja gave me a tube that I used with Ruby. That's the only thing holding them together at the moment.

Just loving 'falling in-love' with my baby. What a special time

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Oh Kismet, that's just terrible about your friend's husband. How incredibly sad. Hugs to you and thoughts with your friend.

JFB, like DHs comment... that's good, it sounds like he is preparing himself to behave a little more responsibly when bubs lands. I think you'll love the City Select... I've had mine for 5 months now and can't fault it.

BK, it sounds like you are just adoring your time with your hungry little man. So gorgeous Just need to help him get his technique right to help poor mum's boobs.

Moongazer, hope you're ok. Gastro not good at all.