Closed Thread
Page 81 of 128 FirstFirst ... 3171798081828391 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    HI Ladies,

What a dreadful bub hubber I am - I've been too busy and neglected you all... visiting families, entertaining families and then escaping to work the last two days for a rest from too much food and all the 'hanging around' you tend to be forced into with family over christmas...so,

I hope you all had a splendid Christmas and have a fantastic 2012 - hope we get to share some of our stories together and watch and learn from eachother's kids etc etc...

Sonja, Kel and Moongazer - thanks so much for sharing about your experiences with your kids when the newborns come along - I'm also terrified of this and it seems it's rightly so?? It sounds really challenging at times but you guys survived and are still sane so that's reassuring!

BK - re the childcare discussion - Nathan goes only one day per week to family day care (will be 2 next year) and didn't cry after the first 3 times or so - makes me wonder actually... carer and I have had discussions recently about autism/speech problems etc etc and she said she finds him unattached/not affectionate which fits the diagnosis. I on the contrary thought he is super attached wanting 'cuddles' all bloody day but starting to wonder if he has no idea what cuddles actually mean and it only means that SOMETHING is wrong and I should fix it! Drives me insane - no language means it's like looking after a newborn and guessing what they want/need all the time.

Kismet - you're a saint!! Do you want to look after Nathan whilst I give birth - should only be an hour or two (last time 14 mins stage 2 ) and I'm having trouble getting friends to 'volunteer'.... mum now saying she'll give up a week of her precious life to stay with us after my due date - MIL I asked to stay also for a week if needed and she said NO!! Said she had to have her second child alone at the hospital whilst her husband looked after first born so that's just the way it is gee thanxs!!

tired - sorry you're so bored but it really is good that your twins are holding on in there for as long as possible - read lots of books, lots of 'tired' time - sounds good actually

Alittleray - how are those christmas follies going - hopefully all the excess food adds to their plumpness somehow and you have a bumper crop ready for a BFP next year

Hi to everyone else I've missed

Question - at what age do you expect kids to 'get' Christmas/santa etc etc... I really promoted the idea this time with Nathan (not just verbally - DVD's, visiting numerous santas, helping put up the tree etc etc but he didn't get it. He was better with opening presents this year but still hasn't got to the end of them due to lack of attention span/interest. He's been deliriously happy with lots of people around though which is nice.

AFM - we're on a roll with the toilet training yet again - now getting 80% of wee's/poos in the toilet and SO hoping he'll be 99% there before bub arrives... It's enormously time consuming and really bad dinner time conversation with family around but I refuse to stop now!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    mum4nay - what is it with people thinking that just because they had it hard then you can suffer too?? I just don't get it. Oh well, you would probably be better off without MIL with you if that is her attitude.
    Spencer is just over 2 years, and doesn't really "get" the whole Father Xmas thing yet. He understands receiving presents and also giving presents, but had NO idea who father Xmas was at his child care party. We have started talking about it more in the hope he will understand it better next year. Perhaps Nate understands more than he lets on but just isn't interested??

Hope everyone had a great day on Xmas Day. Sorry I've also been AWOL. We had my family lunch on Xmas Eve and then headed down to the beach on Xmas Day to DH's family beach house for Xmas Lunch. Ended up staying 2 nights and came home yesterday. Spencer had an absolute ball with all his cousins on both sides of the family and got VERY spoilt, and everyone got to have a cuddle of the newborn.
    DH off to work today for a quick checkup and then home again. I'm here with Archie and Spencer is in child care. I'm meant to be pottering around, but somehow keep ending up on the computer! lol

Thanks
    Reviews
    M4N - I would love to give Nathan lots of cuddles if I lived in your vacinity . I agree, you would be better off without MIL helping, what a thing to say. Whatever happened to the saying "it takes a village to raise a child" these days - all hands pitch in ykwim. It seems most people are less inclined to want to help anyone out these days. I was talking to my brother and his daughter on xmas day & mentioned that Evie hasn't slept overnight anywhere without me, my brother couldn't believe it and I said well no one has offered (hint hint), he then said I should drop Evie off to their place at some stage, I'm sure my SIL wouldn't appreciate it, she thinks she has enough to do with their grandchildren. Actually my family (except my parents) have really disappointed me, they never help me out with Evie nor do they ask if I need any help, my brothers don't even visit, they only dropped in a few times after Evie was born, I'm the one that usually goes to their place to catch up. My other SIL minded her a few weeks ago when I went to see Elton John and that has been the only time anyone in my family other than my parents have minded her. It actually pi$$es me off because they always dropped their kids off to my parents loads of times when it suited them, I always assumed they would at least offer sometimes bcs mum & dad aren't really capable of minding her for a lengthy time.
    Evie was pretty unaware of what was happening on xmas day but she's only 17 months, she lost interest pretty quickly until everything got opened by me & she was more interested in what she already has when she 1st woke up but she really loves some of her new toys now. My great nephew just turned 2 & was pretty excited with the presents but that was it. I think they get pretty overwhelmed with so many people around and it's a long day for them. It's a good thing Nathan enjoyed being around all the people, Evie isn't use to it so it took awhile to warm up to them. I don't think kids grasp the whole santa thing until they're at least 3, 4 or even 5 sometimes. Santa seems to scare the $hit out of some kids for a long time really.

JFB - Evie got a smart trike also, she crapped herself when I 1st put her in it but loved it once it moved. She also got a little people theme park thing, it takes up alot of my lounge room!

Moon - sound like you had a lovely xmas.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 17/10/14100 Posts in a week
    Hi everyone

Merry (belated christmas) from me too. We've been really busy here not really sure why as haven't had visitors but with DH off work i've been taking a bit of time to rest up and catch up on the thousands of jobs that don't seem to get done at other times of the year.

M4N it's an interesting question when do kids "get" christmas. Scarlett's also 2 and 9 months and she defintely got it this year, but i think that had a lot to do with having an older sister who got it big time. From memory i think lucy was about 3 and 3 months when she got christmas in the sense of getting presents and it being a special day. But i don't think she really properly got it until she was over 4. What i think of in terms of getting it though is that it's something very special and that she doesn't get presents or treats as she has to wait til christmas.

I can't believe what your MIL said. That's just mean. We've never had any help from the inlaws so i know how you feel. They don't live in the same city as us but when they've visited they've never babysat for us ever. It really hurts DH but he'd never say anything.

It's taken me 4 hours to write this post. Marc is so into everything i don't get a minute these days. Just got back from the beach with 3 very tired kiddie. Hope everyone's enjoying their holidays.

Thanks
    Reviews
    hi

kismet: H got the same little ppl ferris wheel/ fun park too. H has never stayed at anyones place o/n without us however we are lucky that grandparents do mind H when we ask and stepmom/dad mind him 2 days per week....i do wish i had had kids 7-10 years ago as my mum cant really look after h for more than an hour or two as she cant lift him.....overnight would be nice b4 the baby arrives i must admit.....i would like to have a chill for a good 24 hours.....

ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhh god lost all my post ffs just then..................fugggggggggggggggggggggggggg gggggggg.

so cut a long post short

m4nay: MIL sounds a bit precious, especially considering how stressful recent events have been.....i wouldnt be inclined to help her out if she needs it....dont get why immediate family arent inclined to pitch in occasionally....bit lame really and sad.

sonja: ditto....what a shame re MIL too............i dont expect grandparents to do stuff but geez it would be nice to have an offer occasionally.....i mean why wouldnt they WANT to spend more time with grandkids?...sad. hope im not a cranky old bag like that..

afm: H is being retrained to go to bed at 7,30pm.....he wont go off til after 9pm some nights, some night its been 10pm ffs, last night drove me bonkers , like BS annoying...no down time to relax at night etc...rang DH who was out at a mates place at 9pm and ordered him home as i wnated to get to bed and H refused to go to sleep....why should i deal with it alone ....? anyway got him down at 7.30pm tonight, i really donwt care if he wakes at 5am (im awake anyway from 4am staring at the bl00dy celing for some reason every night wide awake) ......

alittle: hows the jabbing???

BK: how are u coping?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Ladies

Update on me...I am going for a c-Section in the morning at 8:30 am Tasmania Time..I will let you all know how i am and how the twins are when i can..

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oooh! Good luck tiredof4. Sleep well tonight. Xx

Sent from my iPhone using Bub Hub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi girls

Good luck tired! You must be so relieved to be moving forward xx

M4N. I think the only think Ruby understands is the presents. She totally got that presents were a good thing and to be unwrapped and that some were for her and some for other people. We had her handing them out which was heaps of fun. I also think that it's terrible that no one is offering help. I am
    Incredibly lucky that my MIL thinks she is lucky to be able to look after Ruby. I adore her and we have a great relationship.

Kismet. Ruby got the little people first dolls house and Noah's ark amongst other things. God there is so much stuff! As quickly as we clean it up she makes a mess. The good thing is she is getting much better at independent play. She can entertain herself for a good 10-20 minutes playing and pretend playing which is a nice break

Well I'm still here everyone...under sufference though. Lol. I'm having constant really strong BH contractions, some which stop me in my tracks. My pelvic thing is yuck. Can't really walk more than around the house. My hands and feet are so swollen they ache so I'm finding it really hard to sleep. Whinge whinge whinge. I feel like a fat whinging whining cow! I am so desperate for this baby to come but all the signs seem to come to nothing. Seeing OB tomorrow and will try and plead my case

Glad everyone had a lovely Chrissy.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Tired, yay, how exciting finally!

BK, that sounds miserable for you. Can't remember... are you going with a c-section?

JFB, good on you for dragging DH home and I hope Hs 7.30pm curfew works for you.... you need to claw some time back at night for you!

Sonja, from memory Marc and Amberly are only a week apart and she is exactly the same as Marc at the moment.....into everything. I have to watch her like a hawk... Can't believe how quick she is! I put the lid to one of her raffery's little food pouches down today and it was in her mouth in a flash....arghhh! Choking hazard! Very fast learning curve.

Kismet, must be the year for smarttrikes ... we got one for Amberly too. She loves it.... and as for extra kilos, I've added an unhealthy 3kg to my weight.... my pants that were fitting are too tight again.

Mum4nay, yay for toilet training success, boo for miserable MIL

AFM, had trigger tonight and EPU is Friday. Last scan showed 10 follies... 1 rather small one, so we will hopefully have a couple of eggs out of that. All going well, transfer will then be on Monday

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 17/10/14100 Posts in a week
    Kel i can't imagine how impatient you must feel. I recall desperately wanting Marc to arrive but feeling terrified at the same time. I hope things start happening soon.

Alittle such exciting news! 10 follies!! wow can't believe it's all happening again so soon. How do you feel?

Tired good luck!

JFB is H awake late only when he's had a day sleep? I know with both scarlett and lucy we went through a long period of late bed times and constantly getting out of bed when they were between 18 months and 2 and a half. It can be a tough age as they're not ready to drop the day sleep but basically i found for both girls you add whatever time they slept during the day to 7pm and you got their bedtime. I don't encourage scarlett to have a day sleep anymore so she's asleep by 7 pm. I'm with you i really need my evenings to myself. I hate it when they get tireder and tireder and more and more irrational. Horrible way to end the day.

Better go feed the boy then head to bed. Hope all the pregnant ladies are getting some rest tonight.
    Last edited by Sonja; 28-12-2011 at 23:20.