Closed Thread
Page 78 of 128 FirstFirst ... 2868767778798088 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Thanks MG. I'm hoping that I will be pleasantly surprised and that ruby may gravitate towards DH more.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Tired - when my SIL was pregnant with her triplets she was on bed rest from 7 months in hospital but they let her out on weekends (sounds like weekly detention!) as long as she took it easy, perhaps they might do the same for you over xmas if you ask them nicely

Sonja - sorry but I had to laugh at the blowdrying/breastfeeding, I had like a cartoon image in my head. How's that for multitasking though. I often have Evie in the bathroom with me when I shower if I need to be going out otherwise it's lunch time before I get anywhere. When she was little I'd put her in her bumbo seat in the shower with me or on the floor eating, now it's the high chair in the bathroom & she watches what I'm doing, if she's not happy to be doing anything else.

Well we had vomit tonight, nothing worse than dealing with vomit and 3 or 4 poops a day with a kid that's not yours and you have a weak stomach. I could not be a daycare carer that's for sure. Everything was fine until last night, now can't wait for Wednesday when she goes back to her mum, I've had her since Friday. Just what I was dreading, just hoping Evie doesn't get sick, that will be nice for xmas - not.
    Got to go and clean up and get to bed, have a feeling it's not going to be such a good night....I did say I won't count my chickens yet.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Kismet that sounds horrendous!!

4:30am start for us today. Arghhh!! What's up with the non sleeping babies?

Thanks
    Reviews
    oh no BK, i thought my 5am start was bad enuf....im so shagged, u must be exhausted . my legs are aching (always after a few nights of $hitty sleep) and i know im drinking way too much coffee this pg, i keep saying i will cut down but i havent.

sonja and kismet: oh the pleasure of having a shower in peace , H used to be on his playmat b4 he could walk with me in the shower , now i have him coming in and banging the shower door back and forth and trying to climb into the shower while im in there, he is also quite fond of throwing whole rolls of loo paper and hairbrushes down the dunny while im showering too..........

sonja: im not sure whether i would be more or less likely to get divorced with or without kids LOL....i have in moments of despair and exhaustion and fantazized about o/s holidays if childfree but then u remember how $hitty being child free is (when u do ivf) so i will just keep putting away 20 bucks a pay and save up for my child free big o/s trip in about 17 years . the kids can chuck parties and trash the house while im cruising around alaska and scandanavia and drinking vino in Italy.

kismet: bet you are gagging for tommorow, i too im not sure how i would cope with "other ppls' kids spew and poo (altho H has never spewed in his life)...geez i hope your "friend" buys u a a whole day at a day spa for your troubles and minds evie for you at the every least!!!

tired: hospital must be really dull as u sit there and wait, i bet its hard to get decent rest as well which is a shame. good luck.

Thanks
    Reviews
    JFB: ha ha ha, yes I can relate to the bathroom follies. Ruby loves unrolling the toilet rolls while Im in the shower, and she doesnt like the shower going so she whinges and moans until Ive turned the taps off. And... she wont let me close the shower door ha ha ha. And give her two seconds and shes trying to drop her teddys into the toilet. And in regards to the coffee, I have not been able to reduce my diet coke addiction this pregnancy, I crave it like its a drug!

Sonja/JFB: I reckon Im much more likely to get divorced with kids When DH is around Im usually just whinging in my head about what he isnt doing, where as when hes not around I just get on with the job, and Im not having to clean up his mess too!

Kismet: You are a bl**dy saint. I really hope Evie escapes the spew and poo virus. Your friend is very, very lucky to have you as a friend.

For those with kids at childcare, do they still cry when you leave? I know its probably because she is only there one day a week, but Ruby still cries when she is dropped off and my MIL leaves (she drops her off as i think its less traumatic than me doing it), Apparently she is fine once we have gone and she always looks ok when we pick her up, but its still hard knowing she cries everytime we leave here there.

Thanks
    Reviews
    JFB - oh I'm doing this for a fee otherwise I'd never contemplate 5 days of it, a bit of extra cash hasn't gone astray especially on top of xmas, mind you it's definately not enough with what I've had to put up with in the meantime, I can usually handle most kids but this kid is hard work. The mum offered to pay me as she sees it as having a holiday in hosi. But a trip to a dayspa would be badly needed after this!

BK - 4.30am! oh dear. Perhaps this is a precursor for the xmas's to come, Ruby is getting excited early.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 17/10/14100 Posts in a week
    Kel Scarlett cried on and off the 6 months she was in childcare from 12 to 18 months, and Lucy ( god love her) got upset pretty well most days until she finished when she was 4. Scarlett got better as the year went on. Does your mil stay with her for a play then leave or only stay for a brief drop off? I found if i stayed for a 10 minute play it was easier to leave. Some kids never stop crying when you drop them off. It's heartbreaking. I'm going to go through it all again when scarlett starts next year.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Kel - Spencer used to cry and cling to me when he was 1 day a week at another childcare. He is at another place now, and there 2 days a week. He gets a little teary, but recovers really quickly now. He is also a lot happier at this new place, so that may also impact on it. The girls bring the kids to the window seat to wave bye bye to mums and dads leaving in the car. The last couple of times I've dropped him off he is smiling while waving.

Thanks
    Reviews
    BK: H still has the odd cry, he went thru a stage about 2-3 months where he just of a sudden would cry when we dropped him off but he seems to be getting over it. it awful to see them like that but they recover quick mostly.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi girls

All this talk of day care is freaking me out...and Kade won't start until April.....I'm sad already but i know he needs to go...he lovesssssssssssss mummy way too much as its just been him and i since he was born. I know there will be tears.........a lot of tears.

Tired - Try to enjoy your rest in hospy even though you are probably bored.....you won't be bored for long when your little ones arrive.

Kismet - YOU ARE A SAINT........you deserve a bucket load of cash for looking after that little girl.
    I've offered to look after my friends 3 kids every Thurdsay of the school hols as she is now a single mum, works and doesn't get much help from the X.....i hope the weather gets hot as they can swim and be outside......

Kel - Not long now hun......gosh it is getting close. I too am a diet coke addict.....just can't quit it

Jfb - Look at your ticker....bl00dy hell this baby will be here soon too.

Hello to everyone...hope you are having a great day