Closed Thread
Page 70 of 128 FirstFirst ... 2060686970717280120 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Hi girls

Kismet - I nearly fell of my chair laughing about Evie licking everything...that is way too funny

Sonja - Have to say a massive thanks for telling me about babysitters.com.au. I'm meeting with a young girl next week, she sounds lovely...works for NSW Health so that's a good start......

Jfb - I think it's a boy......have a feeling in my bones

Well i now have a climber on my hands...he gets up onto the dining room table and yesterday i found him on top of the ottoman, with his bike up there and trying to get on top of the bike....OMG i nearly had a heart attack. He has no fear......of anything.

Nessie - Where are you going on your cruise...i must have missed that post. Sounds lovely though.....have a nice rest

Kel - Happy to hear your little man is still there......being a good boy. Try to rest as much as you can

Mini - How are you going?

Hello to everyone, hope you are having a great day

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Amum my little monkey is also a climberWe have well & truly hit the terrible twos I'm soooo looking forward to our holiday, I'm exhausted! Funny when you prefect on how busy a year can be.

Sonja I can't even begin to imagine how exhausted you must be. I hope now DH is home you can sneak off somewhere to sleeeeep!!!!!

Kel Im thinking of you

Has anyone heard how Spot is going with this cycle??? Spot if yourevlurking please update us.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Sorry girls, I'm in a baby bubble ATM. I've been reading but no time to post.
    We have been doing well here. Archie sleeps good amounts overnight, only waking twice usually, so feel really lucky. He has really long awake periods during the day which is freaky, and will resist sleeping at least once during the day. He will sleep on me but wakes as soon as he hits the bassinet. He does however seem to like the rocker, and will sleep in that, so fingers crossed we'll get that under control. That being the main issue, I can't complain!!
    Spencer has adjusted really well. We gave him a present from Archie, which he loves, and we have been mindful of keeping an eye on him when all eyes are on Archie, and distracting him with toys or something. Dh saw him standing there all alone watching a big crowd around Archie. You wonder what goes through their minds.
    He wakes in the morning and his first word is Archie and he comes to wake him up and give him pats and sloppy kisses. Very cute and endearing.

Sent from my iPhone using Bub Hub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Moon - Archie sounds like he is a good boy and Spencer loves his little brother.

Amum - you have a little stunt man on your hands.

Evie took off walking by herself today, everytime I tried to catch her on camera I missed it.

Question about giving panadol and nurofen...I was under the impression you can give them 2 hours apart alternating it..am I correct? My niece has just pointed out to me nurofen is every 6 hours after I told her you could alternate them as I said which I've been told by several people you can do even health professionals, then I've checked my nurofen bottle which is a new one and it does say give every 6-8 hours. I swear my old bottle said every 4, it's made me feel like a bad mummy and of coarse now my niece thinks I'm a dingbat.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 17/10/14100 Posts in a week
    Kismet my understanding is that you can follow panadol with a dose of nurofen 2 hours later, but not to exceed the minimum time bet recommended nurofen doses ie if you gave panadol at noon, you could give nurofen at 2pm then panadol again at 4pm but no nurofen then til 8 or even 10pm. You wouldn't then give any panadol until 2 hours after the last dose of nurofen.

My kids have always been really hard to get pain relief into so i haven't even given more than 3 doses of anything in 24 hours but this is what i had understood the doses to be. Hth.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Kismet and Sonja. I'm sure I was told by the pharmacist when Ruby was teething really badly that they could be taken simultaneously?

Anyway Kismet. I'm pretty sure there would be no harm if you've been giving it to her 4 hourly. Medicine being given to babies would have to be so safe and I'm sure they leave some leeway

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks for that, I thought so. I've only had to do it once when Evie had her needles as she got really sick on top of teething and just the one dose of each worked for her, I'm mindful not to give anymore than the recommended daily dose, generally panadol is enough for her or if I've run out of that nurofen is the magic bullet. Sonja that makes perfect sense, so I will explain that to my niece.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Kismet when Jaye had really high fevers the doctor said to give her Nurofen and then Panadol half an hour later as the nurofen wasn't bringing down her fever and then to stick with the recommended time so nurofen 8 hours later and panadol 4 hours later, apparently they work differently - panadol is good for fever and nurofen for pain, they have different ingredients so not harmful to give together. I hope this helps.

Nessie not long now for your cruise I hope you have the best time.

Kel, I hope bubs stays put for a few more weeks, rest up as much as you can.

Sonja sounds like things have been really hectic for you, I hope DH get's home soon and you get a well deserved break.

Amum, I can just imagine Kade on the table - too cute.

JFB great that you managed to sleep in until 9.00am I hope to do that one day but it seems like a very distant dream.

We are all good, Jaye is getting sweeter and cuter by the day, I am loving that she is responding to things now and getting excited when she sees new things. It is such a precious time watching her grow and discover.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 17/10/14100 Posts in a week
    Kel / Kismet i checked with my dad who's a chemist and he agreed they can be given together but shouldn't be in case there's a reaction to one as you wouldn't know the one that had caused the reaction if that makes sense? I was also told Mini by the triage nurse at the RCH in melbourne that nurofen is the best for fevers so who the heck would know with so much differing information?? My gp always said you go with the one that's working at the time as one might work for one thing and the next time it doesn't work at all.

DH is home!! Would love to get osme rest but it's lucy's school extravaganza this afternoon and she's performing in the concert so no chance of that.

Have a great day everyone

Thanks
    Reviews
    HI girls,

Long time since I had the energy to read/post so I'm a bit out of date - sorry.

I've had the week from hell...

In short, I've been worried about Nathan and his language/overall development for ages now - finally got my head out of the sand and asked a few key friends (I work in health so have some good ones to ask). So he had a quick speech pathology assessment and turns out on testing, he has NO understanding of nouns and an extremely poor vocab. All this time I thought his vocab was going along famously cause he repeats exactly what anyone/everyone says (termed echolalia) but initiates very very little speech unless it's entrenched in his routine ie. bath time, brush teeth, dinner ready, sit down etc. He doesn't even know his name - I've asked him about a million times this week (and given him the answer just as many times). So the currently diagnosis is autism (and certainly NOT the high level variety) with a major speech problem. Other 'autistic' symptoms are obsessive behaviours, terrible socially and just general DD yet he has good eye contact most of the time and not socially withdrawn at least with adults?? My DH has been my rock in between my uncontrollable despair - he says he 'doesn't mind' - he just loves him for what he is and has this ability to live day by day? Me on the other hand, I'm wondering how the hell he's going to get an education, how he'll get a job and find love in his life - how he'll cope when we die etc etc... And the more immediate problem - how the hell he'll cope with the new arrival in Feb next year!!?????? He's impossible whenever I hold other babies - I can't calm him down at all and have to hand babies back and remove N from the situation entirely.

Sorry for the downer 'me' post.....