Closed Thread
Page 66 of 128 FirstFirst ... 1656646566676876116 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    hi all

BK: gee i hope you manage ok, this pelvic insability sounds quite debiltating ...not cook, shop, walk tho....well what are u supposed do stay in bed for the next 5 weeks???? i bet you just hope the time goes by quick.

m4n: im also on the lookout for the double pram....my office mate spent a few months researching it b4 she just had the 2nd bub and she said that the two best reviewed / rated were the the Strider Double and the Baby Jogger City Select....one of the only complaints with the strider was that it was a bit wide...not sure if u have found this kismet???? but otherwise it was well rated..the Baby Jogger is quite expensive, about $900-1000, its new as well so there arent really any ive found on ebay second hand yet etc....im going to wait til the xmas sales and see if i can get a discount....my mate ended up going with the Strider.

BK, you will have to let us know how the Phil and Teds goes.

sonja: wow a whole day.........are u getting up at 4am and not home til midnight ..enjoy it, movies and shopping sound good....im lazy, i'd swap the run for a facial LOL. thats a good point about the prams, i had never thought of the wheel and fingers issue ....with that pram if its side by side do u use for shopping etc???? im planning on walking again so need something that is good on hills etc....

kismet: yep i have to admit, when i started the 2ww on the 10th cycle i had to really think to myself that u know what, this might not work and u could end up with one baby only...it wasnt the greatest thought in the world but for me it did help having one child already, the drive was still there but the sheer desperation (of being childless) was not there TBH if that makes sense. its hard to look back and my views i guess are skewed by the fact that a) it has worked b) it took only 2 cycles....i think what also made me realise that i knew i COULD stop was the disasterous first attempt at TTC#2...that friggin sent me round the twist..not that i wish that on anyone but i think it hastened the Over It feelings i was getting.....and i will confide that if anything went wrong this pg i would not go back now again...i think im spent.

ok well..DH cant make it to 19wk scan next monday....i was bit at first as he missed the 12wk scan too ffs...BUT it occured to me that i could find out the sex and not tell a soul ..ohhhh im a bit tempted now .....

swede: i felt better on DHEA, however i did get two common side effects....a very itchy scalp (which was cured by a good qulity anti-itch/dandruff shampoo) and some zits...i did have a few reaserch articles on DHEA, see if i can drum them up, it explains how they THINK dhea works on the ovaries and eggs....TBH i seen a few ppl reckon they did worse on it and mots pppl with PCOS wouldnt take it and ive seen some who it didnt work for...but i have some seen amazing results on it, but it doesnt work for everyone. you could always try without it and if no luck you may feel more comfortable giving it go.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 17/10/14100 Posts in a week
    JFB for the first 6 months whenever i had to do shopping Marc was in a baby bjorn and i just took a stroller for either scarlett to sit in or for me to put the shopping in and she walked. I don't do the groceries with the kids it's just too hard. Te double mountain buggy has quite a lot of room underneath for bags etc. i absolutely love it. Also has great resale value. I did also have a skateboard attachment on the bugaboo but it wasn't that great. Scarlett loved it for the novelty of it but if you're planning on being out for any length of time and the older child gets tired or cranky, or is a kid that tends to run from you, the skateboard can be a bit useless. I also would trip over it as it sticks out quite a bit at the back.

Thanks
    Reviews
    JFB - sometimes the strider can be a bit wide when out shopping, some shops are ridiculous the way they're set up, but usually don't have too many issues, the best thing I like about it is the seat is high up so I don't have to bend too far to pick Evie up out of it. I do wish the basket underneath was bigger but there's a few of these versions and some of the others look really handy. Twin side by side stroller/prams are even wider, I would imagine they would be pretty difficult when shopping etc, you'd have to go thru the disabled check out in the supermarket. I believe strider are made by steelcraft and steelcraft have a version very much like the strider and cheaper too. Evie's pram is very lush, I call it the beema/luxury pram.

Sonja - oohh nice, have a great day you deserve it

Swimming today was freaking Evie out a bit, in fact ever since I started her she's not liking her bath as much either. I think the class is a bit full on for her, they seem to do a lot of submerging straight up without letting bubs get use to the water first. I'm putting it down to the instructor bcs we did a make up class on Wednesday which was more relaxed and she enjoyed it more

Thanks
    Reviews
    thanks kismet. i occsionlly struggle with my valco and i know the strider is a b ig wider than that...
    sonja, i dont have faith ni being able to use a carrier as H absolutely hated it, i really hope next baby likes it tho cos it would make life easier. i do like a big
    basket underneath as mine is wayyyyyyyy too small.

off to obs..............******* weigh in ffs.............**** **** ****....

Thanks
    Reviews
    Kismet: It sounds to me like you really do want to give another cycle a go. And for that reason I think you should. In 10 years time the money isnt going to mean anything, but you dont want to be left wondering what if... as JFB said though, I guess its whether you feel you can stop. I definitely felt different when we went back to IVF after Ruby. As with JFB, it was still important, but not a desperate, OMG Im going to childless thing. So it was pretty easy for me to stop after we used up our embies.

JFB: a friend of mine has the City Select Baby Jogger and says its fantastic. The only thing I didnt like about it was it had 4 wheels rather than 3, and was a bit wider than the P&T. She swears by it to and loves the different combinations you can choose for where/how the baby/toddlers sit.

Sonja: Enjoy your day off! I had everyone leave the house the other day, Ruby included, and I was so excited about all I was going to do... I ended up laying down the read a book and fell asleep for 3 hours By the time I woke up, everyone was due home

Thanks
    Reviews
    I had strider deluxe for spencer and have borrowed the strider plus from a friend. We considered getting the mini city baby jogger double when we were looking at buying.
    Tbh I had no problems with the strider fitting through most checkouts near me. No way was I going into small shops with it though. It's one of the heavier prams out there though. It is really sturdy and I preferred using the strider for walks than the stroller as it was much more sturdy and solid.

Sent from my iPhone using Bub Hub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    JFB, I have the City Select 2011 and I absolutely love it. No issue with widthb to date and it has more storage underneath than any pram I have seen. This has been a huge bonus for me to date. I can fit so much under there. I got mine off eBay for just over $600. It was someone just ordering from Amazon and sending straight on. I was unable to order from Amazon as they would not ship to my address, but the eBayer who sold it to me must have found a way around that. LOL re finding out sex and keeping it a big secret

Kismet, sounds like a change of swimming class might be good if you can manage it. Just curious; have you given yourself a deadline to decide whether or not you will try for number 2?

BK, I so feel for you - hope the brace helps out a little. Totally understand you not wanting to go VBAC..... I feel exactly the same way. As much as I'd love to go natural if we should be blessed with another, it's just not worth the risk.... and so soon after having had a c-section could also be a risky move. Maybe if bubs is showing 3-4 weeks bigger he might arrive earlier!

Sonja, your day off sounds wonderful! So well deserved... can't believe it's taken you 2 years to have one to yourself! Enjoy, enjoy, enjoy.

AFU, I've started my DHEA so hopefully I don't grow anything in places I'm not supposed to , or lose too much hair...don't have a hell of a lot as it is. . Just wondering for those ladies that did take it, did you avoid alcohol all together? I read that you shouldn't have alcohol when on it as it impacts its effectiveness.

Sorry to all I've missed. Gotta run, have a boomer of a headache and my little angel has decided to refuse to sleep at all this afternoon.... I so need a lie down with my headache, but after 2.5hrs of trying to get her to sleep, think I'll give in.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi girls

Thought I'd update you. I'm in hospy having 2-3 mi ute contractions and just been examined and a little dialated. OB decided to give me steroid injection and they are going to try and slow contractions and sedate me overnight. They are saying that bub should be ok if born now but will see if they can put him off for a bit. Certaimly didn't expect to be here tonight!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 17/10/14100 Posts in a week
    Wow Kel what amazing news. I'll bet that's the last place you thought you'd be tonight. Hope you're ok and bubs stays put for a while longer. Sounds like he's a boy on a mission. Will they let you go home or are you there now until he makes his appearance.

How exciting a new baby

Thanks
    Reviews
    Not sure Sonja. I think I have to be here at least to get the second steroid shot tomorrow night. It's all up in the air ATM. Ob is getting 2 hourly reports. If contractions stop I can go home I guess after the second shot