Closed Thread
Page 64 of 128 FirstFirst ... 1454626364656674114 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    CONGRATULATIONS Moong, DH & Spencer on the arrival of baby Archie I hope you're recovering well Moong.

Kismet I'm not at all organized for Xmas, I will start this week.

I feel at peace today it was soooo beautiful on the beach scattering Mum & Dad, I feel happy they are together again.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Aaahhhh Nessie that's lovely

I arrived home to Melbourne, before the flight I took the indonesian version of maxalon and luckily the flight was good and I wasn't sick! In fact I haven't been since leaving Bali!! Which is a nice change from the constantly feeling sick and throwing up 3 times a day! Maybe it was the heat and smells? Anyway since I have been home I have been able to eat and sleep well, good old Melbourne and it's crappy summer! Off for my 10 week bloodtest today and booked in for my 12 week scan in a couple of weeks.
    So now just wondering what the hell is going on in there, and hoping all is going well. The 2 week wait for the ultrasound may be just as difficult as the other 2ww!!

Meanwhile, trying to find ways to explain my expanding middle for when I return to work and the gossip mongers on Thursday! Bali Belly? Too much eating out?

Hope you are all well.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Fionalice - was thinking the same thing, the humidity and smells could contribute. I'd say you just went a bit bazerk with eating . Good luck with everything.

Thanks
    Reviews
    moring all:

MG: u might be coming home today?? how exciting.

nessie: im so glad you feel at peace , as we have all said you really have had a lot of losses in the past 18 months, with your parents, DH being away so much, stupid ivf etc and i just really hope that the start of a NY brings a new happier phase for you.

BK: how are u feeling? will be 38wks for the planned c-sect?

kismet: have u gotten any closer to your decision?

sonja: hope u dont live in a rural or bushy area in WA??, i heard it was going to be a bad season over there for bushfires. when does scarlett start daycare next year?

hi to all.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi everyone,

Thanks for the congratulations!! Was totally unexpected on Saturday!!
    Got home today. Spencer is at childcare, and we will pick him up early today and try to EASE the pain for him having to share his parents now.

Quick birth story then I'll have to fly for a bit. Couldn't get 3G at hospital (thanks Optus), so just catching up now.

Woke about 5am on Saturday morning and went for a loo stop and then had slight AF pains. Not unusual as I had been having them all week. Had some pains about 1/2 hour later and another 1/2 hour after that. Fell asleep again and then hung out in bed with S until about 7:30ish. DH made S and myself some cheese on toast, then I started feeling a few aches again. Had a shower about 8ish and came out after some ouchy contractions and told DH we should get S off to his Sister's place - now though!! DH bundled him off and was only about 15 minutes, but I was finding my contractions had become about 1 minute to 1.5 minutes long and closer together. I was thinking he was taking forever, and cursing him to hurry up . He had a quick shower while I was on the phone to the hospital. Since I was talking through the contraction she didn't think I was too far along, but was happy for me to come in for a check up since we live around the corner and were happy to come back home if needed.
    By the time I got to hospy I was pretty ouchy. When I was checked, I was 6 cms!! Ordered the epidural straight away as it was my last chance. Epi got in about 10:45 and I started pushing at 11:00. I had a VERY mild epi given, and after it was in they checked me and I was 10 cms! Crazy - I had done all the hard work already! The epi helped with the last contractions, but was light enough for me to fully feel the pushing phase - which I wasn't expecting, but which was quite do-able, if stingy. Archie crowned, then while we were waiting for the next contraction to come, freaked me out by having a wiggle, then he was out!
    I had a 3 1/2 hour labour, but I gotta say it was a great experience!
    Only 1 tiny tear, my pelvic floor feels much better than it did after S was born. Oh, AND at a most civilised hour thank you very much!

Archie's labour started properly at 8am and finished at 11:27am. He fed straight away and we had some great time on our own with him afterwards. Different to S's birth where he was taken to the nursery for a couple of hours due to breathing difficulties.

BBL to catch up

Thanks
    Reviews
    WOW Moong what a beautiful birth story, makes me rethink that I would only ever have a c-section! I have heard things can go a lot quicker with #2. I hope Spencer copes ok with his new little brother, I'm sure it is very overwhelming for them. Can't wait to see a pic of Archie.

JFB I'm looking forward to a much happier 2012, I'm even thinking about doing some grief counseling. I'm pretty sure I'm ok with etherything but just want to make sure IYKWIM.
    I can't believe you are nearly half way have you got any swelling yet. Gee I don't miss that, I hope you don't get it this time around.

FIona I freaked every time I had any OB appointments etc. I think it took me until I was about 28 weeks before I semi relaxed.

Hi to everyone I have been a bit hopeless of late keeping up, I promise to catch up this week!

Thanks
    Reviews
    HI girls,

I've been MIA for ages - no internet as our new place is in a bit of a hole - all good now...

Moong - CONGRATULATIONS and thanks so much sharing your birth story. 3.5 hours seems too easy

Alittle - sorry to read your story with the ectopic preg and surgery. At least you don't need fallopian tubes at all to get pregnant with iVF.

Hi to everyone, can't catch up on everyone just yet but will visit more regularly now....

AFM - all good here - had a scare with GD but stage 2 GTT was negative thank god, cause i do like my sweeties... New house is good but so much work to do everywhere and no energy to do it.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 17/10/14100 Posts in a week
    Hi everyone

I too have been a bit slack. When we had no internet for the week i got quite used to not going online and found so many other things to keep me amused i now forget to check in. TBH i'm finding life very hectic and busy these days particularly as Marc is crawling i don't get any time until night and then i just collapse. But it's all good.

JFB no we're not near the fire areas, although we do have large nature reserves around us. I think we should be fine. I hate bush fire season. It's so devastating.

Moon what a lovely birth story. Man i wish my babies wanted to come out so quickly. I hope spencer's settling in. Keep in touch with how he's going.

Amum we moved back into our house in melbourne when i was 5 months pregnant with scarlett and there was still so much to do. It's very draining.

Nessie so glad you feel at peace now. Counselling sounds like a great idea. I'm a big fan of it after IVF.

Ok gotta run. I just want to lie down but we've got sports after school so need to pack food for all 3 kids nand get dinner sorted so they can eat as soon as we get home. DH is off to China on monday and my mum's coming for a few days, although sometimes that winds up being more hard work!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Moong - lovely birth story, Archie was a good boy for you. It would be great if it could be like that for everyone hey! I'm watching One Born Every Minute right now...women are amazing

M4N - good thing with GTT. Wow you don't have long either, there is certainly a baby boom happening on here

JFB - not really any closer in deciding, I am hopeless. I've never been good at making up my mind quickly, not how I should be when I don't have much time left though.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Gotta say Kismet - I have always been sh!t scared of having a quick or mega complicated labour, but I feel so blessed that I had a great experience. i know not everyone has that privilege. OMG - I'm ADDICTED to One Born Every Minute! I agree - women are amazing.