Closed Thread
Page 48 of 128 FirstFirst ... 3846474849505898 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    mum4nay, I had forgotten how tired I was early in the piece with the last pregnancy....DH reminded me this morning, so you are right about an early pregnancy thing.... and hopefully a strong one. Your DH sounds as frustrating as mine. He won't let me do anything without him giving his stamp of approval which requires oodles of research and analysis (analysis paralysis I call it) and it normally takes about 2 years because he's such a perfectionist and also very busy with work. I hope your DH is forced to take that leave and switch off to work and switch "on" to house duties. Your mum sounds like she's just not thinking, well certainly not thinking of you..... maybe she needs a little reminder of how much you have on your plate and the impact her chopping and changing has on you and your family. Hang in there.... as you say, next year will be a much better year.... and it's not that far away.

JFB, sounds like your DH has hat it pretty good. I hope he comes to the party and helps out a bit more.

Sonja, you have such a sensible and practical approach to things. You should be very proud of yourself to have managed everything so well. I had thought the same with respect to the age gap... that at least A will be a little way of the terrible 2s, just hope she will be walking reasonably well so I am not having to always pick up 2 little ones. Could be tricky with a c-section scar. Sadly, much as I'd like to go natural birth, after having to go c-section first time, I don't think I want to risk going natural second. I know you can, but I would be terrified of potential problems. As for that bottle of wine chilling in the fridge for the end of the day - another of your very sensible approaches , I was actually having guilty thoughts of giving breast feeding away at 6months so I could have the occasional soak when required... wine soak that is.

Kismet, I am a little nervous thinking about what might eventuate when A starts teething as it is a bit of unknown territory for us at the moment. She is such a happy contented thing she rarely cries, so I'm not sure what teeting is going to do to her. I have an amber necklace on order in preparation, but I'm sure that won't be a huge healing salve, if any? It will be interesting to see how I juggle both babies... all going well . I was thinking I might investigate an Au Pair to help the first month, but not sure about having someone else living in the house and I'm pretty confident DH will want to take leave to be at home with me (an make more mess for me to clean - Grrrrrr). Thankfully I have a cleaner come fortnightly now, so that's a big help.

Blondekelli, I meant to compliment you on your DH couch potato strategy . I haven't been game enough to do that, but I do leave the room as soon as DH comes in to greet little one. I don't ask him to look after her I just make a run for it and dive into the shower or start on a erand around the house that I need to do but can't whilst supervising A.

Nessie, how are you going. When's that lovely holiday happening again?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Sonja - you aren't spouting doom and gloom!!! Common sense and letting us know what we are in for! I personally find you a great inspiration and also a great sounding board. Your comments get me back on track.

Sent from my iPhone using Bub Hub
    Last edited by moongazer; 08-11-2011 at 20:27.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 17/10/14100 Posts in a week
    Thanks MG and Alittle. I'm never entirely sure my advice is appreciated (i dont get "thanked" a lot) so am grateful to hear it was.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Congratulations Alittle I caught up with a friend of mine who also fell pregnant on her first FET after having DD, she still cant believe how lucky she is.
    I on the other hand thought for sure I would fall first FET
    We leave on the 19 th soooo can't wait!

Sonja I think you keep it all very real, no BS I'm sure it will be no picnic having number 2 especially if you don't have support. I think you do an awesome job & when I EVENTUALLY have number 2 I will be picking your brains

Thanks
    Reviews
    Sonja - very good advice, as always

Nessie - is it this month or for xmas? wow how exciting, how long are you going for (think you may have said but have forgotten) and where you sailing to? You know, I was a complete ditz last Sunday forgetting about the picnic day then I couldn't get out of the carpark, then I lost my keys and just about everything else I needed in a hurry...one of those days! I was just thinking we should get to the beach with the kids when we have some spare time again, there's a great spot in Newy where the kids can play in ankle deep water with buckets and spades. I'm excited thinking about it bcs I haven't bothered to go to the beach in years.

Thanks
    Reviews
    nessie: yes where are u going? just make me jealous, somewhere there is cocktails, white sandy beaches, palm trees, peace and quiet etc etc ! u will EVENTUALLY have a number 2 SOON, it really sucks when u have to do so many cycles tho.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Sonja, I can't thank you enough for all your wise words!! Please don't stop!

Hi to everyone today

Thanks
    Reviews
    Ok, am a little bit gutted. Bloods are back and my HCG = 139 @ 17 DPO and increase of only 36 since Monday. It may be looking like a chemical pregnancy. Have to go in again on Monday for another blood test. Would rather have had a BFN, but I guess I am still hanging on to a glimmer of hope.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh Alittle. I feel gutted for you. I'm so sorry honey xx

Thanks
    Reviews
    oh no alittle, that sucks . i do know what u mean tho....re rather a straight bfn than limbo land....