Closed Thread
Page 47 of 128 FirstFirst ... 3745464748495797 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Congrats Alittle!!! Those numbers are very similar to what mine were at that stage. Great news. So wrapt for you. And fantastic that this time has been nice and quick xx

Thanks
    Reviews
    alittle: are u still on cloud nine???

sonja: yes H will still have his 2 days a week in care.....wed and thur. i have already told DH that he will have to forego his arvo shift for several months after baby is born as i cant hack trying to BF and then try to bathe, feed, entertain H for 2-3 hours b4 bed....so at least that gives me those 2 days and the weekend where i can maybe rest a bit more. i have a very short fuse at times ie threw a tanty cos i couldnt find some papers b4 work on saturday and i knocked H's bottle rack flying........b4 i didnt care but i really dont want to H to see me crack it like that...he has a little temper like most kids although he tries to deliberatly bite me when he is really frustrated , thanks for the heads up about it being hard, i suspected it would be....i am worried about sleep deprivation i admit.

Thanks
    Reviews
    OMG yes I would buy a patience pill!!!!

Alittle - congratulations on your BFP! You must be on cloud nine.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Thanks a bunch everyone.

Jfb, definately still on cloud 9' but hoping to be on cloud zzzzz's soon..... So bloomin tired..

Blondekelli, I keep thinking it can't possibly have been this easy this time around. Hard ro believe. Very reassuring to hear your numbers were similar.... i don't think I will really relax until we're passed the 12 week mark, but so nice to be even speaking about being there.

Sonja, DD will be 16 months when this one is due. Lord will I have my hands full, but I'm hoping tht the age gap is cose enough that they will play well together. I'm very blessed with A's temperament as she is such a happy little one who is quite happy to entertain herself if I'm not there. I hope she stays that way . She is not at all demandinv, so am hoping that bodes well for when new bubs comes.

Sorry everyone, I keep nodding off as I type...will have post a bit later when my eyes stop drooping. xo

Thanks
    Reviews
    Sonja - it's called valium

JFB - omg I accidently knocked Evie's bottle flying tonight & I was holding her at the time, forgot the lid wasn't on properly yet and it landed on me and her, thank god I decided not to heat it tonight, would hate to think it could have burnt her. But I automatically swore f/hell rather loudly and then Evie started crying, not sure if it was bcs of my tone of voice or that she didn't get her bottle straight away. I get guilty too if I upset her, I am trying so hard not to swear these days but old habits die hard. I like to blame my swearing on working with men that didn't give a toss about swearing in front of me, so now I unfortunately have a bad potty mouth & it's how I vent.

Alittle - my niece's kids are 16 mths apart. She initially found it hard & has said it's hardest when the oldest one is still teething but she got quite a shock with the 2nd baby bcs she hasn't been easy and her 1st was good as gold. The eldest one is pretty good at entertaining himself which makes things a bit easier. She got mother guilt when she couldn't spend as much one on one time with him when the 2nd one came along and also bcs she feels she can't give the same attention to the 2nd one that she did the 1st, if that makes sense. I told her there's only one of her and she can't split herself in 2 & not to beat herself up over it, this happens to everyone when you have more than 1 child & they all survive ok. I think alot of mums put so much pressure on themselves these days.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 17/10/14100 Posts in a week
    JFB we made it really hard for ourselves by moving across the country to a city where we had no friends and no support. I was really concerned about getting PND as I knew I would have no support if I did so while i was pregnant I tried to put as many things in place to help prevent it. One thing you might recall I did was have a mature aged woman come around a couple of evenings a week to help with dinner, bath etc. As DH wasn't around she was a godsend.

The tricky times of the day for me were any time I had to get out of the house by a precise time (ie for school drop off and pick up) - given H is in childcare you should be able to avoid that to an extent as you'll have some flexibility about when he can be dropped off and collected.

One thing I did do was give DH some "him time" towards the end of my 2nd pregnancy as I warned him it would disappear in the first few months after Scarlett arrived. I figured as I was heavily pregnant I didn't want to go anywhere anyway so I gave him quite a few leave passes and told him to make the most of it, which he did to a degree. He's not much of a drinker but it was just a bit of freedom for him. And it made me feel less like a shrew when we had Scarlett and he was expected to be home A LOT to help. I made sure he knew the deal we had made and he was happy with it.

Re sleep deprivation - I've found peppermint tea really helpful as well as protein shakes to supplement me and keep me going. And power naps. an extra 10 minutes of sleep when Scarlett goes down and Marc's also down gets more through til bedtime.

Alittle I hope A stays like that for you. In some ways it might be easier for you having such a close age gap as she won't reach the terrible 2s until the new baby is a bit older and able to fend for itself a bit more (and you're also hopefully getting a bit more sleep).

God I hope I'm not making it sound all doom and gloom - it's definitely not it's completely wonderful but anything so great always involves hard work and 2nd time around you can be more prepared and hopefully have strategies in place to help you over the rocky bits.

And also always have a bottle of wine chilling in the fridge for the end of the day - when all the strategies fail a glass of wine or 4 usually helps

Thanks
    Reviews
    grrrrrrrrrr lost post again ffs!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! it was quite long too double grrrrrrrrrr

sonja: i think i need to sit down with DH and point in plain english what i expect when number 2 arrives...he has had it good so far, trips to vegas, weekends to melbourne, big nights on the pi$$, trip to tassie etc.........poker saturday nights (every saturday night mostly , see my baicthing in another thread...like MG!!!! ) ...........he will need to man up a bit. its true i often dont feel like going out and wont when im big and its the middle of friggin summer.

cant remember what else i wrote.

i still havent told many ppl at work but it starting to look at bit obvious..is she fat or pg stage .

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi girls

Alittle - OMG OMG OMG...CONGRATULATIONS...that is fantastic news

I'll have a patience pill to please............

Hello to all you gorgeous girls.......hope you have a fab day

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    HI girls,

Alittle - Awesome news, SO many pregnant girls on this thread... next stop is Nessie All this weariness is familiar too - sounds like a strong early PG to me

Hey, while we're b1tching about mothers and DH's - can't help myself, BUT, we're in the middle of a move as you well know... DH won't take any time off work to help! I'm unpacking/packing every day, no car to help me (he's got it most of the time so I work around that too). He says he's too busy at work - HR dept sent him a letter the other day warning him if he doesn't take it he'll lose it - ffs!! Also 'new' house is 50 years old and needs some work which I want to get on and do but he won't let me till he inspects again and makes 'his' decision... Also have no friends in the area and I'm also worried about PND too - Sonja - where did you find this angel that cooked for you when scarlett was young - sounds GREAT! ALSO, I HATE cooking with electric stove tops and want to put the gas on ASAP - same story, DH stalling that too... AND the oven door doesn't shut at all so can't use that... AND, my darling mother has decided to visit the 2 days when the removalist comes so we're already tossed out of our bed AND can't even dismantle it ready for the move (cause she's IN IT!!).... she wants to go christmas shopping and check out the new place before her overseas holiday - lardy da.... AND, I've arranged our entire christmas around her schedule (+ my work shifts on PH's etc) and she's now changed her mind and expects me to reschedule everything yet again to accommodate her being home in time to do meals on wheels - and she's complaining now that I'm unable to see my nan who's 'dying' (well she's old anyway) and she's depressed that her own son and family have disowned her and won't do christmas with her either this year... Sorry for rant but I do feel better... life will improve next year for me, this year is a bit of a write off I'm afraid.

MG - wow, any day now!! Can't believe how close you are and can't wait to hear how s takes it!!

Hi to all I've missed....

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 17/10/14100 Posts in a week
    M4N I found her through findababysitter.com.au. I got her once we had had Marc as DH was at home a lot more when Scarlett was a baby. I hope you can get stuff done at your house soon - it's so frustrating when there's things that need doing but they aren't getting done!

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Sonja For This Useful Post:

mum4nay  (09-11-2011)