Closed Thread
Page 40 of 128 FirstFirst ... 3038394041425090 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 17/10/14100 Posts in a week
    Hi all

Just a quick one. Our other dog Sparky passed away yesterday from a ruptured tumour. The vet said she would have had it for months but after it burst she passed away within hours.

Less than 2 weeks since we lost her best friend Holly. Extraordinary to think she couldn't be away from her best friend, almost as if they were only alive while they had one another. Such a sad day here yesterday. For the first time in my entire life I don't have a pet of any kind. Feels very empty. We are going to wait though until we get something again. Our dogs were our world for such a long time (almost 12 years) I feel we need time to heal.

Nessie I would wait. I think the break you have planned sounds wonderful. You have had such a tough year I'd give yourself some time to be with DH and Ash and just enjoy life. I did a rushed cycle pre Christmas one year and it failed and I felt so miserable at Christmas time which wasn't great. in the end you'll know what the right decision is.

Take care everyone.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    sonja: so sorry to hear about your other furbaby, i know a petless house is just weird..we had our dogs for 14 years all up so it does feel off.............we will gte anotther dog in few years right now i just dont have the time and its not fair for the dog.........so sad..........pets really are part of the family.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Sonja - ohh how sad . Hope everyone is coping ok. It will be nice when the time is right to have another pet for your kids. I still miss my Zoe cat and know I will never have another one like her so it will be awhile before I can accept another one so I'm leaving it for now until the time is right.

Amum - I know, have thought the same thing myself.

Oh my goodness, started to watch a story called My Pregnancy but it's so harrowing I am bawling my eyes out, I don't think I can keep watching it, it's a story about a stillborn birth & the grief process the couple went thru, so heartbreaking but also very touching.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Sonja I'm so sorry. I know how much your beautiful dogs meant to you and your family. Their memories will always make you smile and live in your hearts xx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Sonja I'm sonsorry for the loss of your furbaby she must have been so sad without her buddy by her side. How are the girls taking it?

Kismet stop watching it! You're braver than me, I can't watch any of those shows.

Amum I hope you had a nice day, it was beautiful up here also.

Thanks girls for your opinions, I'm 95% sure that iwill wait until January to cycle, but on the other hand freaking that my eggs are getting older IYKWIM?!?
    Also gives me a chance to lose a good 10kgs I would however have to zip my mouth shut

Thanks
    Reviews
    Just wondering if any of you have stopped using sleeping bags and if your little one got use to sheets/blankets. I'm forever finding Evie laying on top of her sheet or blanket and tonight is quite warm and her lightest weight sleeping bag is too hot for tonight so I haven't put it on her. Sure enough I've gone in there and she's laying on top of the sheet I put over her & I tucked it tight, I am going to worry all night if it gets too cool for her now. I almost bought her a muslin sleeping bag the other day and now kicking myself I didn't get it, going to go get it tomorrow. I don't think she will ever like sheets and blankets, she keeps kicking them off.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Sonja, so sad re your furbaby . It must be hard going from always having pets around to suddenly having none. We had two cats that grew up with each other and adored each other. When one of them passed, the other one just stopped eating and faded away without her best mate. I think there is something in that.... we sometimes underestimate what our little furry friends are capable of feeling. Big hugs to you all

Nessie, I'm a bit late responding, but the break from IVF sounds great if you can cope with it.... From the sounds of your plans, you'll ge having so much fun the time will fly anyway.

JFB, all sounding good with bubs and nice news re your weight.... Sounds like you can afford a couple more chocolate celebrations.

Kismet, we won't be able to come out of the sleeping bag for a long time yet. We have the same problem with A, she just kicks like mad and can untuck the tightest of sheets or blanket. What's worse is she somehow gets hold of it and starts sucking on it so it was too much of a safety hazard. She's even managed to grab the bottom of her sleeping bag to suck on that. I've got myself a video monitor now to watch her as I just couldn't trust her not to get into anything and everything. Would you believe she even managed to make her dummy a safety hazard .... she shoved it in sideways so hard it got stuck! I now just have a
    heater with thermostat I set so that when it gets cold, it just automatically
    kicks in when the temp drops in her room.

Thanks
    Reviews
    hi girls

kismet - Kade hasn't any kind of wrap for ages....he won't sleep under his blankets either so i dress him in winter bottoms - no socks/feet and a summer PJ top....that was last night and sometimes have the heater on low....but last night it was so hot he didn't have the heater on. He always gets uncovered but if he gets cold he whinges so i go and cover him up. Its stressful not knowing what to put them in, if they are warm enough etc........

Sonja - I'm sorry about your furbaby.....they are together again now xxxxx

Thanks
    Reviews
    harry still has a sleeping bag, i will prob get a muslin one soon too altho if its really hot we turn the air con on, he has 0.5 tog gro bag altho i find that is still heavy cotton........he is usally outside the covers too, he seems to like the bag, its a sleep signal and i spent a fortune on 2 merino bags so he better like them for next winter too!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Nessie - hope you are doing ok. A break sounds great and I understand about your eggs getting older, but I guess you need to weigh up if you will be too mega stressed during this xmas time. I think you will come back feeling much more rejuvenated.

Sonja - Oh How horrible for you and your family. I hope the girls and you and DH are taking it not too badly and you remember all the good times with both your furbabies rather than the painful ones. xxx

Kismet - Spencer continually gets out of his covers, but I just check him before going to bed and recover him. I dress him quite warmly and leave a heater on low if necessary. I have a spare quilt I will chuck over the top of him if he lies directly on top of the covers. He is now starting to pull covers up if he gets cold, so maybe it's just him taking time to get used to them. I figure he wont sleep if he's cold, so I don't worry too much. I just focus on how cold I think it will get about 3ish at it's coldest and try to dress him for that. xx