Closed Thread
Page 39 of 128 FirstFirst ... 2937383940414989 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    LOL amum nowwwwwwwww i get it.

alittle: mmm you will be busy........2ww sucks and yep the whole resting thing is totally out the door with a baby already......i laugh at ppl who talk about having nanna naps and few hours sleep in the arvo.........we wish!!!!!!!!!! good luck.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Ummm, I'm lucky enough to have a nanna nap most afternoons if DS behaves - sorry to brag

JF - nope, not moved yet. We have a whole 2 weeks to do it starting 3rd Nov - too long I reckon cause it drags on but good cause we've got time to fix it up before we're in it 100%. Lots of childproofing to do so I can still have nanna naps

Lochnessie - sorry about the cyst... it will happen for you - you've done it before and your body knows how to do it again... just waiting for a good cycle and life to give you a break

Alittle - poor thing, 2WW suxs!!!! Hope these work well for ya

AFM - I've got DS starting in family day care on monday - first time he's ever had any sort of childcare so I'm a bit worried and needless to say - ignorant of the normal rules..... Can I ask, is it normal to have to pay the full 8 hours even if you use less? I assumed you'd pay per hour? Also I'm wondering what the hell I'm going to do without him on Monday!! Ooohhh, life is just beginning again - but not long before it's all over again for another few years

Thanks
    Reviews
    mum4nay: nope u have to pay for the full day regardless of many hours u use. today H in daycare, i have the day off, but this is the last time as im going back to work on every second thursday.....the day goes quick....i usually do housework, some shopping, occasionally a haircut etc just anything that u can get done quciker without a child around!

4. The Following User Says Thank You to jfblady72 For This Useful Post:

mum4nay  (01-11-2011)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 17/10/14100 Posts in a week
    Amum you have to pay for the full day as you're basically taking the spot of another child, even if you only send him for eg 3 hours. As JFB says the day will fly so take advantage of it. I haven't had a day to myself in over 12 months (only a few hours here and there) and I cannot wait til Scarlett starts childcare next year. I'll still be dragging Marc around but the thought of going somewhere with only one child in tow - bliss!!

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Sonja For This Useful Post:

mum4nay  (01-11-2011)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi girls

Just a quick one to tell you about another DHEA miracle.....one of the girls that DH works with (40 yrs old) has done 1 cycle of IVF - no frosties......she kept going with the DHEA and now is preggers...going for her scan next week. She said one of her numbers was 1600 ......how great is that....i'm so excited for her.

Nessie - Are you still taking it???? I'm praying for a miracle for you to

Hello to everyone, hope you are all having a great day....

Thanks
    Reviews
    Amum - that's a nice story with the DHEA miracle. Oh and ooo I'm dying to know the gossy details about the other thread???

M4N - yes you do have to pay full day as most centres are non-profit and they pay wages etc from our fees so you are basically allocated a full day per child, they can't work it out any other way. My centre is pretty strict with drop off and pick up times because if you are late they have to pay wages for the staff to stay back so they hit you up with late fee, and I've noticed there are less staff members around by the end of the day because kids start to be picked up from 3.30 so they let staff go as they go down to kid per carer ratios. Because I'm not a working parent I can only drop off Evie between 9.30 and 3.30.
    I always used the day to get things done I find difficult to do with Evie hanging off me, sometimes I use it as a 'me' day and get my hair cut or go to movies (haven't done that in a while though) but it's usually my cleaning and shopping day and I have to say I'm running around flat chat all day to get everything done so it goes really quickly. The 1st day I dropped Evie to daycare I couldn't go home bcs I knew I would miss her too much & I didn't know what to do with myself so I did some retail therapy instead.

Nessie - bugger bum poop, hope you can do another cycle straight away. I babysat again today & all was fine, but can you believe I was asked to have her 3 nights again next week...I said I couldn't do it.

Alittle - the 2ww is agonising.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Thanks girls for all your beautiful words I'm ok, I think I have the attitude these days that what will be will be, all out of my hands.

Amum I take DHEA but stop during a cycle, I think I ODd on it

Kismet glad you said you were busy for a 3 nighter.

I'm thinking of not doing another cycle now until next year
    I have this thing that I won't fly after transfer.......if I go ahead with next cycle I have to fly to the Goldcoast after transfer to scatter Mum & Dads ashes, also worried this is going to be a very emotional time. Then its Xmas & we are going on a cruise, cocktails could be nice & then off to a wedding in Port Douglas.....Anyway I think because I have so much coming up that I should just postpone it. Also my acupuncturist will be back from maternity leave in January, what do you girls think?

Thanks
    Reviews
    nessie: u have a lot of good things and a few emotional things coming up, it would be lovely to be on a criuse and not have to worry about having a drink (or 3) cos maybe UTD....i think everything looks ideal for a wait, it gives your body a break, it gives your emotions a break and a bit extra time to heal and build strength after what has been a really hard year for you. oh how i would love a cruise...go for it! and enjoy drink and relax i say. .................................................. ......................kismet: are u farging kidding me , 3 nights that is sooooooooooooooo taking the PI$$ bad......pl-easeeeeeeeeeee.............what a hide!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! gee your daycare is preety strict wiuth the times, i didnt realise that some were like that???? i dont have any "timing" limits etc......i think most parents work but there sre some who have little bubs who obviously dont etc and some who are prob smimilar to yourself. .................................................. .................................................. ...........................sorry the enter button isnt working for some reason onhere so i cant changes lines, had ob appt today...i didnt gain a single gram.............i was so HAPPY, i havent dieted nad have eaten chocs and bread but obviously with H i was just on a feeding frenzy gaining 4 kgs a month....i feel inspired as was planning to start walking this week and know that i can imrove my diet a bit more.....ok but i celebrated with a chocolate (of course)...............ob couldnt get the HB at first, i could hear it vaguely so wasnt tooooooooo concerned but was starting to think okkkkkkkkkkkkk, he said it was there but did a scan anyway...placenta is at the front this time hence hard to hear HB at the mo and i prob wont feel bubs for a while either .................................................. .........................................sonja: omh not a day to yourself for a year ...................i supoose u get used it but i really get a antsy when i need a day after a month or so...............dont know how u do it.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Nessie - I think do what you think is best, I do agree with JFB, you deserve to enjoy yourself after the year you have had. I use to worry about leaving it too long between cycles but I didn't have the great attitude you have that what will be will be (I tried but wasn't good at it). You did say you were so sick of ivf so perhaps with these things coming up you should enjoy a bit lifes pleasures! Next year is only a little over 2 months away when you think about it. But in the end it is up to how you and DH feel.

JFB - my neighbour commented today she could hear this little girl last weekend, she could tell it wasn't Evie but how embarrassing still.
    Sounds like things are going along nicely with bub in waiting.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi girls

Nessie - A break sounds great....i think you should do it...as much as you don't "want" to it does your mind and body good. I had a huge break before i did my cycle and it saved my sanity......

Kismet - Is that woman fing joking........thank god you said NO...she is really trying to take advantage of you....STICK TO YOUR GUNS AND SAY NO....pleaseeeeeeeeeeeee and why in the hell is she having another baby when she clearly is not so crash hot with the little girl she has now.

We are off to DH god daughter's 3rd b'day today......thank god it looks like its going to be a great day in Sydney, the party is in a park.

Hope you all have a fab day