Closed Thread
Page 35 of 128 FirstFirst ... 2533343536374585 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Mini - happy birthday to your sweet little Jaye

JFB - mmm doesn't quite seem fair does it particularly if you are not feeling well.

VENT Alert!! Well ffs I had the worst night EVER! Had about 3 hrs sleep. I don't think the mother of this child is really in a hurry to get her back either, I have rang her concerned about 4 times and she has just fobbed it off saying it's her way of trying to control the situation and she's out of sorts bcs she's excited and overtired. Well I don't believe a child starts to cough constantly for 4 hours thru the night & keep continuing today and drip snot everywhere & not interested in eating anything and when I put her to sleep today she spewed..mother thinks she's trying to get out of sleeping and it's all bcs it's the longest she's been away from home...whatever !. Her solution to everything is give her panadol and put her to bed and leave her there even if she doesn't want to go...um she screams the house down so much I swear the hole street can hear her and think I'm murdering her, not to mention when she screams she is scaring the hell out of Evie & then she starts crying, she's also been a bit of a brat to Evie, I know kids do these things but all the same I'm losing my patience a bit KWIM. I can't drive her back myself bcs no car seat and she lives an hour away. This is the mother and child that gave us the vomitting bug about a month ago, mother really doesn't give a $hit what germs they spread. I've told her if she continues to be unhappy and I have anymore trouble she best come and get her, she wants her mum & I don't think she is well. Why am I doing this I hear you say?? I'm in this situation bcs she asked me to do her a favour and have her daughter when she goes to hospy to have her next baby before xmas bcs she a single mum like me doing ivf & has no one to mind toddler at the time & this is a weekend of 'practice' . Well there's been a few weekends of 'practice' already and this kid has not always been like this, I think the mum is taking full advantage of the situation & starting to treat me like a daycare centre. I am struggling to wonder why she is bothering having another one tbh, she often palms off her daughter. I feel sorry for the kid, it's not really fair on her but at the same time she has been a nightmare this time and I will be glad when she goes home, I'm sorry to say that but she is, and I'm regretting getting into this situation. If it were my child staying somewhere else and she was this out of sorts I'd get off my a$$ and go get her bcs obviously she's not well or happy.

Sigh...vent over. Have to go know got a screamer to attend to that is about to wake Evie up.

Thanks
    Reviews
    just read my post back, kind of feel a bit nasty saying that cos not kids fault.

Thanks
    Reviews
    kismet: the kid sounds sick, kids dont spew or cough for attention, the mother should really come and get her, i think she is taking advantge, i would be horrifed if i left H with someone and he spewed and the person only got 3 hours sleep, i just couldnt do that to someone else. mmmmm dont think u need anymore practice b4 her baby arrives do u . i have never left H overnight with anyone yet. sounds like a bit of BS to me. and dont worry, kids mucking up and lack of sleep turns me into a docs case,,,,,,,,,,,,

Thanks
    Reviews
    Kismet - Don't feel bad...you've had no sleep and looking after 2 little ones must be stressful. RING HER MUM AND GET HER TO COME AND COLLECT HER.....there is no way i would have a sick child in my house if i didn't need to.

You are such a wonderful woman for offering to look after the little girl (who i feel very sad for) but i think it's time to say enough is enough....look after her when her mum goes to hospy but no more....for your sake and Evies...

Good luck

Thanks
    Reviews
    Happy birthday Jaye !!!! Xxxxxxxx

Kismet I agree with jfb, call her and ask her to come pick her up, she sounds sick and her mum needs to take care of her

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    HAPPY BIRTHDAY JAYE I hope you had a great day, I bet you got spoilt rotten. It's such an exciting day Mini I hope you have enjoyed it also!

Kismet FFS I can't believe she didn't come & get her, I think you have definitely had enough practice you're a better woman than me that's for sure

Thanks
    Reviews
    happy 1st birthday Jaye

Thanks
    Reviews
    Happy birthday jaye!!! Yay!! Hope you all had a lovely day. Xxx

Kismet - get someone to come and look after evie, and drive this kid home to her mother. What a slacker!!

Jfb - ooooh yeah. S will join le brat club!! He is clingy and whingy and really annoying at times. I can't seem to do anything right for him some days. Oh, and the tanties. Grrr

Sent from my iPhone using Bub Hub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 17/10/14100 Posts in a week
    Happy birthday Jaye - how wonderful to have 3 generations of women together on such an important days

Kismet - I hope by now she's come and collected her child. Just proves the theory that the desire to have children alone doesn't make you a good parent. You are a wonderful friend to help her. Is there anything you can do before she goes into hospital to try and make this easier on you and the child (bec it sounds like it's pretty stressful for her as well). Scarlett vomits sometimes when things don't go her way so it could be that but she has to get extremely distressed to do it so whether this kid is sick or distressed she should be with her mother. I'd be seriously questioning whether to take her when her mum goes into hospital - she still has time to make other plans if you pull out now.

Well my crapola week got worse. Marc poked me in the eye on Thursday and yesterday afternoon it got infected and I went blind in that eye. I was at an after school picnic at Lucy's school when it happened and DH came and got the kids while another mum drove me to get it treated. It's a lot better now but last night was hell (and DH was out and the kids were a nightmare). I hear you on the painful whining kids. Scarlett's been unbearable for ages now and it honestly does me in some days.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Mini, how was Jaye's birthday? Hope you had a wonderful day. Happy, happy birthday Jaye.

Sonja, oh god... that stinks re your eye. Hope it's healing fast.

Kismet, you really do have a big heart to be helping this woman out. You shouldn't feel bad for struggling with someone elses screaming child, it can be challenging enough with your own let alone someone elses you have no clue how to pacify. Sounds like she is not getting the nurturing she needs from her mum poor little might. Tough situation to be in, but that mother has alot to answer for. She should have been there for her little girl and for you as a kind friend with your own child to care for as soon as you expressed your concerns.

AFU, LOL, what a saga. My transfer has now been moved to Tuesday and will go back to being a 2 day transfer with my FS. Yay! For some reason it scared me a little that my FS didn't do the blood test to check if I was ovulating as she trusted that I had got it right with POAS.....so to reassure myself I went home and tested again, and sure enough another positive. Don't ask me why but at that point I decided to turn the box upside down an noticed the expiry date said May 2010....aghhhhh!!! I'd only bought it 3 months ago...grrrrr. I didn't even know they expired, but then of course I panicked that it was perhaps a false positive so got hubby to get me a new one on the way home from work. Used the new one and got a BFN. Oh dear! Panick stations. Straight onto the after hours number for FS and after speaking with her, straight into the clinic Saturday morning for blood test. Result - no surge... Emphatic request to nurse to ensure lab is advised not to thaw one and only embie on Sunday morning as planned and in again this morning for another blood test. Ovulating today - pheww!! What a relief and I now end up having our little embie put straight back in with my FS doing the transfer on Tuesday which is exactly what I wanted. Good outcome but a rather scary way to get there. Moral to story - always check expiry dates before buying something. Even when you don't think it has one. Roll on Tuesday!!