Closed Thread
Page 30 of 128 FirstFirst ... 2028293031324080 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    JFB - couldn't agree more with what you said, there's a hell of alot of selfishness in society these days, Sonja has a good point too. I am all for gender selection only if it's for medical purposes. As for our battle scars, yeh think I have them too & it's a little bit behind why I can't see myself trying for bub #2, I really don't think I could go there again, more to do with being scared of failure than the process.
    H's bottle feeds are similar to Evie's, it depends on whether she does 1 or 2 day sleeps, I'd give her a bot before each sleep, about 150-180mls in the day and 210mls before bedtime at night. She doesn't always finish them & she's never drank more than 210mls. Today I tried something different, gave her a bot when she woke this morning then she only had water the rest of the day and she ate her brecky, a tiny bit of morning tea, about half her lunch, some arvo tea and she ate all her dinner but only had about 100mls of her bot tonight.

Sonja - E won't knock back a vegemite sandwich so that's pretty much all she's been having lately when she refuses everything else. She loves chicken bolognese and she had that tonight and gobbled it all up, if she knocks that back there's definately something wrong, I was relieved bec she refused it last time I gave it to her. She's the same with cheese, loves it, but hasn't been having that either until today so hopefully she's got her appetite back.

Moon - how exciting, not long now. Do you have a nice big pregnant belly? Bless Spencer, sounds like he really enjoyed himself. Evie's not quite into wiggles yet but caught her dancing and clapping hands to Hi-5 today, I can't stand them so that's really great (insert sarcastic tone). Great poo story , (sorry not you, Spencer), hope you feel better.

Alittle - good luck Friday. Gosh it must be hard to sort out the food issues, I'm baffled enough with why Evie has a mild case of eczema atm, I would be beside myself if it was worse.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Ladies

Ok I know that i have been MIA for awhile but forgot my password and i have been busy helpping my DD and spend time with my darling grandson that i am spoiling so much and just love him to pieces..I had my 20 week scan the other week and everything is going fine at the moment only thing is that twin B is a bit smaller than twin A the DR told me that is quiet commen for twins but they will keep a eye on it..Cant believe that i have 13 to 15 weeks left they arent going to let me go over the 38 weeks make...I still have to get in and wash all the baby stuff and finish packing my bag..The DR told me to get my pack packed just in case that i go early..

I will have to go back and read where everyone is up too.

Thanks
    Reviews
    hi all

tired: glad u are going ok, wont be long for you either.

kismet: sounds like evie has found some appetite again , she is so petite and delicate, H is such a GUTZ with his bottle, he skulls his 250ml in about 5 minutes.... ahhh maybe she will be one of those lucky women who never has to watch what she eats thier whole life (bitaches ).

sonja: i know, gender does seem such a big issue, you read here on other posts etc how sad and dissapointed ppl get......sounds like you have a much more relaxed lifestyle over there..is the WA move a permanent one? mind u i lovvvvvvvvvved Brunswick street Melbourne, i do quite like Melbourne i general....my family seceretly (and sometiems not so secretly) lament about our move to a semi rural area....but i just love driving past cows on my way home as opposed to factories and choking traffic....

nessie: how long is DH over in Perth for still? or did he come back?

afm: one sleep til scan, i dreamt last night i got a low risk so i hope thats a premonition .

Thanks
    Reviews
    JFB, I like the sound of your dream.... must be a preminition. Can't wait to hear your scan results!

Kismet, love the Evie dancing story.... must be gorgeous to watch, only you are going to have to work on influencing her taste in music. Not sure what it is, but Hi 5 irritate me too.

Mum4nay, wow, only 4 months to go. Seems to have gone fast, but probably not for you. Your comment re breastfeeding issues reminded me of the midwife I spoke to whilst doing my baby settling course. She had her last child at 40 and also worked in the Neonatal Intensive Care Unit at the Women's and said that she felt the issue with not enough milk supply was age related. She was unable to produce enough milk when she had her bub at 40 and she claims that it was a common issue with mums she saw in their 40's.... I was 41 when I had my little girl and struggled, but that's not to say women in their 40's can't breastfeed successfully, plenty do.

Moon, I got butterflies just reading your post. How exciting. Another precious little bundle on its way....Spencer will have a little play mate soon.

Sonja, I second your comment "thank god for forums like these". It is so nice to have a place to go where people do "get it". I've never heard of allergies to some of the foods that my little girl is having either, but I keep getting told that if she reacts to stop feeding them to her, and it is a very clear reaction that she has. I introduce one food and keep going with it for a week if there is no reaction and then try the next. She will be eczema free and then as soon as a new (bad) one is introduced, which I generally do at lunch, she will be all red and itchy on her tummy and legs within 2 hours when I get her up from a nap. It really does make me want to tear my hair out, but I've learnt to stay calm through all of this now. I just give her a day's break from solids until her skin calms and then we try the next veg or fruit. So the reaction is very instant and therefore very obvious. I guess that's a blessing, but I just wish she would stop reacting to so much. Am hoping that once we've succesfully introduced a few that she doesn't react to, that I can try the others again. Would you believe not only did sweet potato cause her to rash up, but it constipated her terribly too... and she only had 2 teaspoons of it... if that.

On the sleeping front she has been an angel. I'm a bit puzzled by it, but I stopped doing the dream feed and now she sleeps 11-12 hours straight. When I was doing the dream feed she would wake at 3am for another....... Go figure ... it seems less is more... the less feeds through the night, the more she sleeps.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi girls

Kade slept all the way thru last night wooooooo hoooooooooooo

Mum - Your getting close now as well...gosh we will have babies everywhere soon....now that is exciting. Feel very sorry for you re the heartburn....its horrendous isn't it.....i used to sleep sitting up
    I also watch that show...i cry all the time too.....except for when they scream. Jett watches it with me and asked me if i screamed like that when i had him........i told him i was brave (as well as off my face on gas) didn't tell him that part of course.....

Moong - I'm getting nervous/excited for you..soooooooooooooooo close now.....

Alittle - I'm sorry i haven't spoken to you about your FET....i have everything crossed for you good luck.

Sonja - Kades sleeping has totally changed since i stopped feeding him, we are both getting so much more sleep.....even tho its sad to give up the it does change them. Marc won't be little for long....hang in there

Jfb - How are you feeling...do you feel preggers.....preggers

Nessie - Hi lovely.....hope you are ok.

Kismet - Hello to you and miss evie

Kel - How are you and the bump going?

Hello to everyone, hope you have a fab day

Thanks
    Reviews
    preggars LOL....my gut seems to have lifted up high and is hard, b4 it was blob swinging loose down low so mmmmmmm which is better? dunno . welldone on kade sleeping thru u feel like a new woman with no sleep interruptions!!! , i think u are amazing BFing til 18months, peronally its hard work BF i feel so u did so well.

mum4nay: did u guys move far, i think u are over the north side?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Sonja, oh you poor furbaby. So sorry. At least no long suffering, but heartbreaking anyway.

Nessie, the is no time limint you know, if you need time to grieve, that is ok. She will always be close to your heart and will always be there.

Amum, glad you doing ok. I was so sad when I had to stop breastfeeding, but I just didn't have anything to give.

Sonja, totally agree re the gender. Some people just have no idea of what it can mean if you can't concieve

kismet, sorry Evie is having a rough time with teeth and bad sleep. I am not sure if this helps, but a woman from another thread told me to try to give Archie a bit more fatty food at the dinner time, ie and knobb of butter in the meal, or cream in is sauce or some cheese, as it might help them to have energy to burn even when they are asleep and therefore sleep all night - I did this along with no middle of the night bottle and it has done the trick for us.
    otherwise, some babies just eat little, don't worry to mcuh about it if she is healthy and got energy.....

Alittle, o No, about your little girls ecemza. And to those things!!!! Hope she will grew out of them.....

Moon, that is so right, kids stuff are such cash cow's. it is almost criminal....but the laughs and stuff is prob pricelss OMG you could have a bubba any day now....

TYired. wow didn't know you had a grandson - congratulations...and soon to be mumma again....how fantatic!

Need to go...archie is having a metdown

Thanks
    Reviews
    JFB - no, we're on the south side - moving from st george to 'the shire'??!! How far west are you? Cows sound nice

HI to everyone...

Thanks
    Reviews
    Amum - hello to you and your little men too! Isn't it funny how bubs sleep thru when you stop feeding, I wonder why that is, I thought they woke bcs they needed a feed. Evie started sleeping thru when I stopped her dream feed, which I thought was weird bcs when I started doing it I'd only get an extra hours sleep, so really wasn't worth doing, but then again an extra hours sleep back then was priceless.

Swede - my CHN told me to add more fats to her diet awhile ago, I've been putting butter in her vegies for ages, her toast gets smothered in it and she loves her cheese so she gets cheese sauce and spreads etc & pasta, tonight I gave her potato bake with cream and cheese but she wasn't very hungry, apparently she ate pretty well at daycare today so I wasn't worried. Evie is never one to have more than 1 course at meal times either, I know kids that have 2 or 3 courses.

Alittle - I think Evie reacted to something she had at daycare today. She had something with curry in it, it's suppose to be very mild but this afternoon she woke from her nap crying and pretty worked up then I noticed her face was blotchy and her cheeks were very red, I think she had a pain in the belly and the spots on her legs seemed to be worse. I'm going to book a dr appointment tomorrow and get it sorted out bcs atm I'm second guessing everything. Does Amberley breakout when the weather is really warm?
    I had Evie at 41 and I could have bf 2 babies as my boobs were loaded, Evie use to gag on the milk flow there was so much of it, weird thing was I never use to get much out using my pump but once the milk built up I would only have to press on my boobs and it would come pouring out, I felt like a jersey cow. I have some regret about giving bf up when I did, I should have done it longer as Evie started going backwards on formula but I wasn't to know that would happen and I found making up bottles etc a total pain in the neck to begin with.

Tired - sounds like everything is going well for you.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Kismet, definately sounds like an allergic reaction - poor Evie. Try to get a referral to an allergist to confirm exactly what it is she is allergic to. Much as I love my doctor, i got a bit sick of her telling me lots of babies have eczema and to just keep putting sygmacort cream on it and she will eventually grow out of it..... And yes, Amberly's eczema is definately aggravated by the hot weather. I have to always dress her light and also have a portable evaporative cooler in her bedroom to keep it cool and to keep moisture in the air. I also make sure her baths are only luke warm and make them quick as the longer she's in the water the worse her skin gets. I hope you get something sorted for Evie soon.