Closed Thread
Page 28 of 128 FirstFirst ... 1826272829303878 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Hi girls

Kismet - I've seen that tv show...what an ahole to do that to all those people.......

Nessie - Have you tried getting in the bath first then get Ash to hop in with you.......maybe put him back in his baby bath or shower until he gets over his little fright... good luck.

We have just had two bad days of Kade trying to do a poo - again...he finally did it and is so exhausted he is now in bed.....he goes from doing a poo everyday really easy then to this...i have been giving him prunes and para choc.....its so stressful.

Hope you all have a great weekend

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    hi girls!

Alittle, wow...all the best with your FET, how very exciting.....is in a week or so?

Kismet, your girl is very petit, but i think archie is just a massive boy. He got 8 teeth since a month back, where the hell is my baby gone? He is like a toddler already, can walk along the coffetable and love to stand up, clim over boxes. it is insane. I want a girl next time and I want her to be a baby for longer...lol
    haha re the partying....those days are so off and I don't want them either....
    Thanks for your thoughs re my fur baby, can you believe though that he got so sick again on thursday, I was so worried for him and thought he was going to pass out on friday morning, then i found a paralyisis tick on him. Off he went to the vet first thing, he was in a very bad way. Freaking ticks. so he had to be in the hospital for 3 days and then he came home today, thank god all is good now. It is a horrible way to die...and all due to me not remembering to give his tick meds, felt so bad. We are very poor now too, not that it matters, as long as he survived.

Mini, cant believe she is almost a year. How lovely for your mum to come over.

Nessie, oh Ash is a big boy too! how long did you breastfeed him for and or bottle feed him? Archie still loves his bottles, I give him 4 bottles a day still plus 3 meals, but was thinking to drop on more bottle before I start him at child care. I dropped the night bottle about 2 months ago, best thing to do, as he now sleeps thorugh at least 4 nights out of 7 I would say. He used to wake up betweeen 1-3 times per night. If he wakes up now, I don't pick him up, just a little tickle on the face.
    Anyway, he loves his food, i just found it hard to know how much to give, he would never turn his head, he would just keep eating.

Amum- how do you feel now after given up the breastfeeding?

Jfb - did you tell your family this weekend?

Blonde - glad you feel better, it a nasty thing.... I had gastro really bad in the 8th month of preg, lived on the toilet for 24 hours, with a bucket infront of me, the hardest experience in my life, I just wanted to give up and lay on the toilet floor, I got so weak.

hope everyone else is good. Archie is such a happy baby at the moment, love seeing him everyday. Can't beleive he is 9 months today.....

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 17/10/14100 Posts in a week
    Hi all

Just back from our first morning at the beach with all the kids and it was fantastic. The beaches around here are very safe and the kids had such a great time. Marc had a sleep in te tent - a true beach boy!

Swede glad to hear your dog is well again. One of our dogs sadly passed away on Wednesday night. She was almost 12, had had a swim at the beach earlier in the day then an afrernoon in the sun. She had dinner as usual and then at around 930 DH went outside to see why she wasn't coming in for bed and she had died. Vet said it was a heart attack. We all miss her heaps but hey what a great way to go? No illness, vet visits, etc. Poor sparky our other dog is a bit lost at the moment and Lucy gets upset but we're all just grateful she went without any pain.

Swede my Marc isn't much of a baby anymore either. Tis morning he had his sleep in the beach tent and when he woke he sat up!! WTF?? He's only 7 months old!

Thanks
    Reviews
    hi

sonja: im so sorry to hear of your furbaby's passing, as u say she had a great last day and went quickly. its still sad tho.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Sonja - aww poor furbaby, at least she had a great last day with you all, what kind of dog was she? What a clever little boy Marc is sitting up by himself.

Swede - Archie definately loves his food, wish I could say the same for Evie, I'm really battling with her lately, her teeth are really bothering her and she won't eat much.

Better go, she's woken up AGAIN, haven't had the greatest time lately....tune in later

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Kismet I hope Evie gets back to her normal beautiful self soon

Sonja I love the last day your fur baby had, it's always hard on children when they lose a furfriend hope they are ok. Clever boy Marc, I could eat him up

Swede I'm pretty sure I dropped Ash down to 2 formula feeds a day around 10-11 months, I will check on Thursday in my book when I get home. He still has 2 bottles a day. I stopped breastfeeding at 4months as I went back to work pretty early & he just decided he preferred his bottle.

Last day in Perth we have had the best time escaping reality I'm starting to freaking about going home, I'm having a rough time when I'm alone as all I think about is Mum. I guess I have to face it & deal with eventually IYKWIM.
    Ash has grown into such a little boy while we have been over here, I think because of all the new experiences, he loves going on the bus!

Thanks
    Reviews
    hi all

nessie: youve had a rough time , nothing wrong with escaping reality. hope u can ease back into reality. when will you start jabbing? H still has 2 bottles a day as well, im not in rush to stop his bottles as he loves him..we wight drop the day one at the end of the year but i will let him have his nightime bot til next yaer although might try to get him to drink this from a cup at some point.

kismet: hope evie is back to herself. H would go off food, sometimes for weeks with teeth. is she not sleeping? H decided to be difficult getting to sleep the past week or 2 ( a new event), and i think yet again we got conned in to comfort bottles to get him off to sleep..........last night we just let him cry and he slept thru rather than wake with a wet nappy at 3am from gorging himself on water / milk b4 bed..........

swede: glad your furbuddy is ok, we lost our dog in 2011 from a tick (we think thats what started it at least). archie is a big beautiful bub. H is around 12-13kg. my mum accidentally told my sister during the week and DH blurted it out at his parents yesterday, im still waiting to after wednesdays NT scan for my dads side tho....we did get the whole "maybe u will get a girl in the family BS" as i knew we would..........honestly why do ppl give a $hit about gender so much??? anywayyyyyyyyy.....hope u are well.

alittle: not long til the FET. how is A and the allergies going?

mum4nay: how are u going? have u settled into the new house?

BK: hope u havent had anymore dodgy latte's............

Thanks
    Reviews
    Morning girls

Swede - Hellooooooooooooooooooooooo its been ages since i've spoken to you. Archie does sound like he is growing up wayyyyyyyyyy to fast...sad isn't it.
    I'm ok acutally about not breastfeeding...hey he is 18 months old so i have done alright i think...the first couple of days were sad but it's great now and he is sleeping so much better now.....So glad to see you back

Nessie - Oh hun i'm sad you are sad for your mummy. I'm sure she is looking down on you and showering you with love xxxx
    Kade is such a big boy now, very independant.....

Jfb - How are you going preggers????? might call you that from now on.....

I'm having a mental block...who else is preggers....Moong, Tired, Kel...i'm sure i've missed someone (or more) gosh how good is that ...soooooooooooo many of you

Kismet - How is the little miss evie today.

Hello to everyone...have a fab day

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 17/10/14100 Posts in a week
    JFB re the whole gender thing i can't tell you how many people made comments when i was pregnant For a 3rd time that we must have been trying for a boy, or how happy DH must be that we had a boy once we knew what we were having. It used to really annoy me but then i just realised for most people it was just something to say. And also for non-IVF people it often is about the gender!!

Nessie i really feel for you and hope it's ok when you get home. You've experienced so much loss since Ash was born i hope you come back to Perth soon.

Last day of school holidays today
    Last edited by Sonja; 17-10-2011 at 10:56.

Thanks
    Reviews
    sonja: im sure that if i was a fertile and had pumped out 3 girls or boys that i would expereince gender dissapointment, it seems to be quite common. i think society also has this obsession with pigeon pairs and assume ppl cant be happy with one gender children. aka the beckhams etc