Closed Thread
Page 21 of 128 FirstFirst ... 1119202122233171121 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Hi girls

I'm back...hope you all had a great long weekend...will read back and catch up tomorrow.

Jfb - Just saw your fab news...CONGRATULTIONS......again.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 17/10/14100 Posts in a week
    Hi everyone

Just a quickie as we're in Melbourne this week and I've borrowed a computer.

M4N I'd definitely drop the whole TT issue with DS for a while. With Lucy, she suffered dreadfully with constipation between the ages of 2 and 3 and was extremely resisitent to potties, toilets etc, and no amount of bribery, rewards or anything would budge her. DH and I were beside ourselves the older she got as all her friends were TT'd and it seemed she'd never get there. Everyone had lots of advice and tips and not one of them worked. Then once she was a bit older (well over 3) and we'd let the whole thing pass for quite a while she said she was ready - she was out of nappies in 48 hours and never had an accident.

Put the potty away, forget about it and enjoy your little boy. He sounds like a very smart boy who's sending you a message he's not ready (whatever the reason). You have enough happening in your life at the moment to not add this stress into the mix.

Take care Sonja

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Sonja For This Useful Post:

mum4nay  (04-10-2011)

Thanks
    Reviews
    M4N - DS definately attached to his nappies atm, couldn't help but chuckle at that.
    Good advice Sonja . I just read on an update from BabyCenter website they basically will do it when they're ready not before. My friend's son was 3 1/2 before he was TT'd.

How have all the babes been with the daylight saving change? Evie is TOTALLY out of sorts. Thought everything would be sweet as because she'd been waking 6-6.30 (which would become 7ish etc) leading up to it so thought we'd be fine but nooo, she decided to sleep in on Sunday morning very late, about 9ish, and I of course didn't wake up and realise, then she had a midday sleep woke about 2, so I decided to not let her have an arvo sleep and she'd be ready to go bed at 7pm, she went down ok but decided this would be her arvo sleep and only had 45 mins before cracking it to get up. She didn't go to bed until 9.30 then. Tried to sort her out today but was almost similar only got her to sleep by 9. I'm sure daycare tomorrow will stuff her up even further. It's late now but I'm not ready to go to bed yet. I hate daylight saving!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    *Peeep* Hi everyone!

its been waaay too long since Ive been in here I hope you remember me even :P

Theres no way I can catch up bu tIll try to read back a bit later when not at work

I read briefly that CONGRATULATIONS are in order for JFB - congrats hun good work

M4N read briefly about TT issues with Nathan - honestly save yourself the stress and just leave it till hes ready. I did exactly this with Jessy with nighttime TT. after washing sheets every day fo ra month I just gave up and got her nappy pants for nighttime. Now 6 months later she asked for them to not be worn and she never has had an accident.

AFM

Got a scary complication with this pregnancy

All was well with bubs at the last scan BUT they picked up I have a shortened cervix with funnelling so im at risk of preterm labour. I thought the stress has stopped now but no sitting back and relaxing for me! looks like all the procedures ( d&c's after M/cs and also D&c to investigate if I had killer cells ) have weakened my cervix. So now its a matter of seeing how long I can hang onto bubba. They have me on progesterone pessaries to tigthen my cervix - I wish he would put a stitch but he doesnt lbelieve in them due to risk of infection. scan again on 18th october to see if cervix is shortening or not.
    At least if I go into labour now they can hopefully stop it as bub would not survive atm.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Gardenia that does sound scary. But Im sure you will get extra monitoring and sometimes it can repair itself and lengthen again Ive heard?

This is your best excuse to rest up, do little as possible and just let the weeks pass by.

Thanks
    Reviews
    How scary Gardenia. I was worried I would have that problem since I have had a LLETZ after DS1. Good luck. I did lots of googling on the problem and it seems docs will not put stitches in after a certain number of weeks as the risk of infection is too great. However there is great success with progesterone and also bedrest if needed. You may have to do that, and if necessary be hospitalised to have bedrest, so hoping everything goes ok for you. xx

M4N - I agree - give it up for the moment. Enjoy not worrying about TT until ready!

Kismet - we aren't too bad on the daylight savings front. S usually goes to bed at 7pm, so the first night we put him to bed at 7:45, and last night at 7:30. Tonight he goes at 7:15 and hopefully tomorrow night he'll be ready for 7pm again. I try to keep everything else normal. I would also get him up earlier if he slept till 9 - OMG - that WOULD be bliss though!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    **Lurker Alert**

Gardenia - I had shortening of the cervix through my pregnancy starting at about 26 weeks. I only had funnelling on one of my check ups though. Mine continually changed, it would be longer at times and shortening at other times. I couldn't have a stitch as they won't do one after 25 weeks. I was also put on progesterone pessaries but I also had steroid injections for 5 weeks just in case bub came early. I had a previous LLETZ procedure so fortunately we were already on the lookout for a shortened cervix. I was also put on bedrest from 28 to 36 weeks. Not easy to do but it definitely helped. I ended up being induced at 38w 3d. Your welcome to PM me if you want to know any further info. Good luck

Thanks
    Reviews
    hi all

kismet: H has strangely gone to bed heaps earlier, he has fallen asleep in his little superman bed that he has he bedtime bot on, last night he was out by 6.45pm i carried him to bed, i KNEW he would wake early and he did at 5am . hope she got a bit better. mmmm apparently my dad and his wife asked my sister if i was UTD on saturday night cos "shes put on weight" (f***ers )...3 weeks ago they asked me if i had lost weight or been on diet..man u cant win!

MG: what is a LLETZ? your sig is getting scary .

gardenia: hoping everything goes ok. i know someone who is confined to a hospy bed with stitches now til 32wks so it must have happened quite early?

nessie: how are doing? have u decided to delay your cycle with all that has happened? hope u are travelling as well as possible.

m4ny: im leaving TT til quite a while, havent even thought about it yet.

afm: NT scan is booked for 19th. bl00dy cough is driving me bonkers, ive neraly chucked a few times from coughing fits and love waking up every night with it.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Laser loop excision of transitional zone. It's a procedure for cin III when you have abnormal pap smears.
    They laser cut out the affected piece of cervix.

Sent from my iPhone using Bub Hub

Thanks
    Reviews
    HI girls,

Thanks for the support re toilet training... I've kept the potty in the lounge room (a feature that blends in SO well with the furniture ), but I'll quit until we're settled into our new home. Might try one more time before bubs arrives but glad not to worry too much. If we succeed he can go to preschool, if not then he'll just have to go to another childcare place instead and delay things for a year...

Kismet - we've been naturally slipping into day light savings for weeks now - DS gets up with the sun and so has been absolutely exhausted at nights so has been going down at 6:30!!! So this year it was easy. However, I don't know many parents that like DLS! It must be hard getting older kids to go to bed in daylight hours Good luck with Evie, I'm sure she'll settle in a few days...

AFM - I had some time to watch my DVD from the 20 week scan yesterday and boy those feet look awful.... find myself all stressy about it - wished I'd never looked! BUT, if that's all that's wrong then I must be ever grateful!!

Hi to everyone