Closed Thread
Page 20 of 128 FirstFirst ... 1018192021223070120 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    JFB - yippy! are you telling anyone yet or still too early? No drinking at the 40th might be a giveaway (I drank non alcho champers & tried to pass it off as the real deal but got busted). Have fun.

Thanks
    Reviews
    mmmmm i dont feel like alcohol at all, my excuse could be as designaed driver tho so i reckon i can sit on "one" red all night and just let it touch my lips. ok maybe a sip or two.

oh im 6 kgs heavier alreday than i was with H, not that ive gained it this pg but i never lost it, well i did actually but put 6 kgs back since late march...., ive bought a diabetes food plan book and have decided to use it as a meal planner. im going to weigh myself at home every week too, if i can avoid gaining any weight for the next few months i will be relieved.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    JFB, great news. A nice relaxing weekend for you.

Thanks
    Reviews
    HI all,

Just a quickie from me...

JFB - congrats on today's scan - ahead of schedule

Alittleray - well done getting the thyroid sorted... look forward to Oct for your BFP

AFM - well we've bought and sold houses - all officially this week. Still dramas with the bank but should work out ok. My main stress is still DS - very resistant to that bl00dy potty, grrrrrrr...... I've spent too long today on the internet reading SO MANY stories of distraught mum's that can't train their kids - some were 5!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 17/10/14100 Posts in a week
    M4N try and not stress Lucy was very resisitent and in the end we only trained her once she was over 3. Some kids just take longer. Scarlett was going well but had lots of accidents over a few days so i've put her back in nappies as i don't have the patience at the moment. The benefit of doing it when they're older is they tend to train more quickly with fewer sccidents.

JFB apple juice mixed with mineral or soda water looks like champagne. Enjoy your weekend!

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Sonja For This Useful Post:

mum4nay  (02-10-2011)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Great news on the scan JFB. No worries about catching up. I know how hard it is with a limited amount of time

Thanks
    Reviews
    M4N- I'm sure you've tried a million things, but have you tried food rewards? I give Mitchell a smartie/small choc egg/small piece of biscuit for even sitting on the toilet. He has so far been completely out of nappies from the time he gets up till he goes to bed (ie dry even during day sleeps) for 3 weeks now. I hit resistance of about day 2/3 whee he wouldn't sit on the toilet so went from rewading him for going to bribing him to sit- it worked and within a day or two he was back to asking. Once or twice a day he'll say toilet toilet and I know he doesn't need to go but hey at this early stage I'll reward him anyway. We've probably only had a handful of accidents total- and only wee ones.
    I just decided to go cold turkey, and once we'd got through those first 2-3 days I decided I wasn't going back. I know its not for everyone, and every kid is ready at different times. There are advantages/disadvantages to each age group- I have known 3yo's who do it in a day, I've known 3yo's who were so completely terrified of toilets it has taken an awful long time...

Waves to everyone!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Re: TT - I know alot of little boys that tended to 'hide' when they wanted to do number 2, like behind a door or lounge, even in the corner but have been ok doing number 1's. Always wondered why, has anyone struck that? My friend used a sticker system, each time her son went on the potty he got a fancy little sticker to stick on the potty, which was more like a chair so it got covered in lots of stickers.
    I've bought a really cute potty for Evie & put it away for later that's a "Princess Potty", it's really flash and pretty & much like a little throne, it has a wand like thing on it that you push down & makes a magical noise when you pretend to flush it. I figured that she would enjoy doing that and it would entice her to sit on it and do something. Remains to be seen if it works!

Thanks
    Reviews
    kismet: LOL H always hides behind a curtain,stairs the dining table etc when a number 2 is happening....didnt realise it was a common thing for boys.

i have a cold/cough...arghhhhh.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks girls,
    Backflip - yep, I've tried food rewards, tried TV + all types of distractions and he's just really scared of the toilet/potty - in fact he HATES it even not having a nappy on - convinced DH to be naked with him yesterday just so he'd chill a bit but that didn't even work????? Lately his nappies are his favourite 'toy' to play with - drags his nappies and change mat all over the house and practices putting them on and off!!!!!! Think I'm pushing uphill with TT hey!!!! Hopefully this is just a phase??

Think I'll quit for a month and try again once we move in Nov if he copes ok with move - don't anticipate any problems as he loves holidays/going to new places...