Closed Thread
Page 127 of 128 FirstFirst ... 2777117125126127128 LastLast
Results 1,261 to 1,270 of 1274
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Sonja - initially when I tried to convert Evie to cows milk she didn't take to it very well and she wasn't eating very well either so I stuck with the formula cos it's got added vitamins but once she started to eat fairly well I converted her back on to cows milk and she drinks that now. Her daytime bot I am trying to get rid of, she gets it if she's looking for it, sometimes she falls asleep without it. Her night time/bedtime bot is going to be the hard one to get rid of too. She won't drink milk from a sippy cup, will only have the water. I think it's an association thing and perhaps she might drink some from a cup when she's ready. She also gets excited when she knows it's coming, she comes and sits on the floor behind me like a puppy wanting it's dinner and talks to her bottle like it's a long lost friend. CHN told me the other day it's ok for her to still have milk if she wants it just not too much if she's getting dairy from other sources so I base her intake on what she's had throughout the day. She also told me it's very common for kids not to like cows milk or go onto a sippy cup. Since it's the only thing she will drink other than water I don't mind she has it.

JFB - it was the head carer that stuffed up, I have also written comments but it was obvious to me it was ignored.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Jfb - I'm pretty sure kids can have low fat milk after age of 2. Before that it needs to be full fat. I wouldn't give special adult milk personally.
    Are you heating the milk?? We started giving s cold milk in a bottle and he slowly ditched it, then would have a cold milk now and then from a dippy cup before bed. Maybe a normal cup for h? we made sure we use the same cup each night, and bought just the simple sip cup from supermarket they used at childcare. He transitioned pretty well.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 17/10/14100 Posts in a week
    MG funny you should say that about the milk being cold. I thought once we started Marc on cold cow's milk from a bottle he'd drop it like a hot potato. It's been the opposite he drains the whole bottle! But if I give him cow's milk from a sippy cup he throws it away. He'll drink anything else from a sippy cup (never had a bottle during the day) but not milk warm or cold.

Funny how they get with these things, isn't it.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Ladies

I don't know where I fit anymore, I've become addicted to BH through being on the IVF TTC threads & now am 5 wks pg with #2. I know it's really too early to know if it's yet a sticky BFP but I don't want to go on about it on the other thread.

Anyway thought I'd pop in & say hi - it feels good to have real hope again.

Thanks
    Reviews
    hi nessika

im from the PR thread....been following all the girls there, in fact quite a few of us are from that thread when it started. congrats on your BFP. you are more than welcome to join in as many of us are having, TTC and have just had a much longed for #2.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi JFB Thank you! Of course I am familiar with you from P.Rs In fact you helped give me confidence as I became v concerned about never getting to blasty & you popped in to let me know that most of you were UTD from 2 or 3 day ETs. This gave me more confidence & now both my BFP's are from 2dy ETs.
    Wow you are getting so ripe now - very exciting!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Welcome Nessika! Congratulations on your BFP!!!!! I hope to follow you shortly.

Sonja I have had Ash on full cream milk fr around 6 weeks now, I changed mainly for convenience. Ash loves his milk & often asks for more! I do have alot more numbers 2s lately & a GF said to maybe cut back how much he is having, usually 3-4 sippy cups a day.

Ive been feeling crap since my lap/hyst on Monday, but finally starting to feel better. Strange as I've never had issues before???

hi to everyone, I promise to catch up properly next week!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Nessika - congratulations on your BFP! how exciting for you, hope it's smooth sailing from here on for you. I was also on the PR thread quite awhile ago now but I sometimes pop in there so see where everyone's up to.

Nessie - glad you're feeling a little better. Yeh, milk can have that affect sometimes, he might be a little intolerant to it.

Moon - Evie prefers hers warmed up, she did drink it cold a few times when the day was really hot but won't anymore for some reason.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    HI girls,

Thanks so much for all your congrat's... I've been a tad busy as you can imagine and trying to catch up on sleep! No chance catching up on all your news though straight away - forgive me...

Tom is going beautifully - feeds like a trooper and so far is thriving - phew! He's not too bad at settling at present which I'm grateful for.

My biggest stress remains Nathan... he's gone off the wall a tad - had major issues this week at day care and had to be picked up and taken away by his father on Tues - bloody hell!!! So I'm making a huge effort now to have as much normality as possible for his sake and hope to god he goes next week - otherwise I"LL go too and stay there all frickin day with Tom if necessary - any other suggestions? Day care lady said she'd not experienced such an extreme reaction before to the arrival of a new sibling - great!!!!!! Meanwhile I'm flagged for PND and have a counsellor on my case - funny how it's really easy for me to get help in an instant but noone is helping Nathan!! If you want to help me, help my child!!!!!!!! So tomorrow we're finally off to the paed re Nathan's ?ASD....

My DH is an angel - he's got 4 weeks off and cant' believe that half of that is over - so the real challenge for us lies ahead!! Hopefully Tom will be in a bit of a routine by then????

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 17/10/14100 Posts in a week
    Sorry just lost a long post bloody iPad

Mum4nay so glad to hear from you and glad Tom is such a chilled baby. Sorry you're having a hard time with Nathan we went through hell with Scarlett after Marc was born and that hell continued for quite a while. She didn't have day care to go to which was a big mistake as it would have been something for her away from the baby. I hope you can continue with family day care as long as possible.

Even without an ASD diagnosis for Nathan I would start finding some support groups for parents with kids with ASD. The parenting resource centre is a great place to start. Practical advice and support from other parents who have been through what you're going through would I imagine be invaluable. It's oftent he last thing ou feel like doing with a newborn but I think it would be a really good network to start.

Nessie sorry you're feeling so rubbish. Hope you start feeling better soon

Nessika congratulations. I understand your feelings of fear - I hope it's smooth sailing from here.