Closed Thread
Page 126 of 128 FirstFirst ... 2676116124125126127128 LastLast
Results 1,251 to 1,260 of 1274
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Spot, sounds like things are going along beautifully.

JFB, hope you get daycare sorted. Maybe a phone call if you can at 1pm to remind them.

Fionaalice, exciting times for you. It's funny the things that start making us realise we really do have a little baby on the way.

Nessie, woohoo... all sounding good for that BFP. When do you start?

Kismet, that's really wonderful news re your mum. Must be a relief for you. Might have missed your post, but when do you start cycling?

I have day 10 scan on Monday 27th and then FET probably about four days after that.... wonder if we'll all be doing the TWW close together? Has anyone had a rather physical job just after transfer? I will still be working in the nursery at Daycare which means alot of lifting children. Am I risking my chances do you think?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    amum: well i aksed my ob about a c sect (cos i think i will just have one) and he said 39wks..im like nooooooooooooooooo if im having an elective why not 38wks??? if i could be guranteed a 4 hr fast no damage/ no tearing labour i would go that option...but

alittle: im a firm beleiver that, bar lifting 30kgs + and doing marathons , if the embie can implant cos it has the right chromosomes and environment it will..i lifted H constantly in 2ww.... like 30 times a day at 12kg...

i rang daycare, so

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Kismet, that is great news about your mum.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Alittle - just waiting on AF and start the pill from there, so probably early April hopefully, that's if AF doesn't do a runner for awhile. I wouldn't worry about lifting after FET either, if you'd just had EPU yes but I was told normal activities after a FET is fine, we can't 'dislodge' them.

JFB - daycare managed to p me off again yesterday I've told them for the umpteenth time that E has a bottle about an hr after lunch and goes down for a sleep at around 1pm. Got there yesterday arv and they said she's been a bit whingey etc and thought it may be her teeth (which I do think are bothering her too) but then one of the carers came out of the kitchen with her bottle just warmed up and asked if I wanted her to have it. I was like WTF! FFS, it was 3.30 ffs...do they EVER fargking listen!!! that was what I was saying in my head but I actually said well that will explain why she's been whingey ($hit for brains I say in head), no she can't have it now, we are going home and she gets another one before bed tonight in just a few hrs & pointed out AGAIN she usually has it before her bedtime. So over frikken repeating myself. Had a chuckle to myself reading a note sent home asking for people to be on their committee....I bet they'd love me to join up not... all I would do is complain about how hopeless they are.
    Also CHN told me the other day that topping toddlers up on milk instead of food can make them anemic so the thought that they'd just top her up instead of giving her arvo tea made my blood boil over.
    It seems like the norm to do c-sect at 39 weeks these days but perhaps you may spring into labour beforehand. If you want a c-sect make sure you book it incase you do go into labour. Did you go over with H?

AMUM - yes! (take no notice of my rant above, don't want to put you off ).

Got my results back on AMH level .. it's 5.9 .. apparently that's not too bad for my age range, pretty normal for a buzzard

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 17/10/14100 Posts in a week
    Kismet great news about your mum.

Alittle I wouldn't worry about lifting babies. I've tried resting after transfers and it's made no difference. I would be sensible though and if you're feeling tired or if something is particularly heavy I'd avoid it. Good luck.

JFB I hope daycare follow what you want them to do. Scarlett had a huge weekend and fell asleep on monday afternoon. She and Marc were asleep at the same time and it was lovely as I put my feet up and finished my book for book club. But we paid for it that night she didn't go to sleep til 9. Yuck. Thankfully this doesn't happen much anymore. It's so much easier now she doesn't have a day sleep anymore.. One thing with H is if he has got ants in his pants and needs you a lot I'd get a lock on the baby's door. One of the biggest hassles I had when Marc was 3 months + was once it took a bit longer to settle him Scarlett got bored and would come barging in to see what's going on. Very frustrating and lots of tears (hers and mine some days). It seems cruel to keep the older sibling out but better that than an overtired baby and mum who just needs sleep and can't get it when big brother or sister keeps interrupting.

Mum4nay I hope everything is going ok.

Spot so happy to read your news. You must just be on cloud 9.

Well I've been writing this post for over 2 hours while trying to get Marc to have his morning sleep which didn't happen. Just got him off now so looks like it will be one sleep today. Actually works better as Lucy has Auskick after school so busy afternoon. Scarlett asked on Tuesday if she could stay for rest time at preschool tomorrow. So happy she's so settled there now. Still a few tears when I leave but I stay with her for about 20 minutes and she seems happier then.

Ok better run and do the million things I should have been doing if Marc was asleep this morning.

Thanks
    Reviews
    thanks sonja, i hadnt even thought of that. dont know about u but i just hate when they wont go to bed til 9pm +......

kismet: how dismal....ive been a little worried about h's bottle top ups at night to get him to sleep hence my rant about DH and when he wont sleep til 9pm...for that reason, i dont want him filling up on formula and he tends to chew meat but spits it out .. i would love to stop his day bottle but im not home enough for X days in a row to do this yet and dont want to do for like 2 or 3 days and then have daycare or dads etc just revert to bottle = waste of my time. my daycare "seem" ok about it and i think they tried to put H to bed early (as i noticed his formula container was dwindling when at daycare thru failed attempts i think) but sometimes without success..mind u i wake him up at 6.30am now every day to stick to a routine and sleep/ food / bedtime routine starts with the TIME he wakes in the morning. i wonder....could u leave a post it note on her bottle?? ie F off this is for 1pm ONLY . i always speak to the 'head' carer too...however like i said i think they do try to oblige but im sure after a week forget etc...we also have the sign in book where u can leave a message etc....i find it a bit hard as u dont want to be labelled a "whinger" or overly pedantic but just said today "cos im pg and working i simply cannot handle H not going to bed til 9pm" sob sob story etc..i guess u could also try ringing them at 1pm saying :how is evie, has she had her bottle?"..sometimes i think u just have to say it how it is...that you dont want her having bottles at 3,30pm..that would pi$$ me fair off.

H was over due by 1wk and almost no sign of him budging when induced..stubborn from the get go

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    JFB / kismet we've weaned Marc off formula and completely onto cow's milk at bedtime. He still has a bf 2 other times in the day but we're not giving him formula anymore. Can i ask you if you don't mind why you still use formula? This is the first kid I've had who has a bottle so I haven't had this issue before but had always been told that formula after 12 months wasn't necessary. Marc eats ok certainly not as well as he used to but neither of the girls were great eaters but bec they didn't have bottles formula never entered into the equation. Just curious what others do.

The funny thing is we thought he'd hate a bottle of cold milk at bedtime but he seems to prefer it to the formula.
    Last edited by Sonja; 22-02-2012 at 16:04.

Thanks
    Reviews
    sonja: its mainly just a) habit b) previously tried cows milk and H didnt like it c) he has a 'bottle" to go to bed with...so yes its a sleep signal and a prop im afriad for me....however i was just talking to DH then and said about getting rid of the bottle as a prop cos im a bit over it really ie H wanting to bottle even when he really is tired enuf to fall asleep without it and with a new baby i dont want to spend 20 minutes sitting there in his room with a bottle each night... especially when he sooks for more....H is now started drinking cows milk since he started eating my cereal at breakfast and has been drinking small amount of milk from a "normal" cup..he doesnt like sippy cups, probably another reason i kept a bottle up ...so i was going to ditch the formula soon and just use our drinking milk....but do u know if its ok for toddlers to drink "special" adult milk (we have the 'heart active low fat milk')????

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Ok I get it. My girls never drank milk either but bec they didn't have bottles I had to get it into them other ways (cheese, yoghurt etc). Will he drink hot chocolate ? For years this was the only way I could them to drink milk. It is a powerful sleep signal though when Marc sees the bottle he starts flapping his arms I suspect we're heading down the same path ....

Thanks
    Reviews
    H has absolutely loved his bottle from the first time he had it...i never had any problems in weaning etc due to this...he took EBM easily etc from a bottle very early as well....he is drinking plain cold cows milk now....so i was going to stop buying formula soon anyway...but yes i do sometimes wonder how i would ever get rid of that night-time bottle...its part of the bedtime routine and it settles him down at night..he is go go go after his bottle and ITNG..then we play 'quietly' / read but H is still zooming around...so we put his sleeping bag on and give him a top up of bottle in the dark....he then calms down as he drinks his bottle on my lap and plays with the sleeves of my top...baby valium