Closed Thread
Page 12 of 128 FirstFirst ... 210111213142262112 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    hi all

BK: boys names are realllllllly hard, so much harder than girls names. im almost tempted to find out the sex just so i know whether we need to keep struggling with a boy name or can use the girl name weve had picked from like day one.... yep waking up and having to stay up for 2.5 hours in the night is not fun when u have to drive over an hr to work the next day..ive notived since being UTD that i really dont cope well physically or emotionally with H;s nightime antics....plus im planning to go back more days if everything goes ok so we can get more mat leave $$$ so H MUST learn to sleep thru. glad to hear no GD so far.

mum4nay: i posted b4 but it didnt work....hope the feet thing work itself out. are u small?

amum: i have let him cry for more than 5 mins b4 (when i havent coped with it, just had to let him cry....) he is so friggin determined, he wont quit. seriously he has a bad temper too , gets so worked up he throws the bottle across the room, gee wonder where he got that from????

anyway i donwloaded the 1-5 yr old sleep and settle manual last night..they do suggest a different technique onece they are standing up...our problem was that even tho we stopped his bottle cos he would scream and still not sleep we got into the habit of getting him up ....anyway we will start from sunday night as my DH is on arvo's so he can sleep in when h goes thru his no doubt 1.5 hrs of crying first few nights..i did find that yesterday he only had maybe on hr sleep all day and sleep better, didnt wake til 4am, he has been waking at 11-12 each night. she also goes on about day routines and conflicting routines of carere and this definately havsnt helped as i know sometimes H is given a bottle in his COT! omfg..that is like heroin for a bottle addict like him.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 17/10/14100 Posts in a week
    JFB I am a strong believer that what happens during the day definitely impacts on how kids sleep at night. I've seen it with the girls before and it will no doubt happen to Marc as well. Really feel for you. It's one of t he only things I don't enjoy with babies and kids is the battle to get them to sleep and then stay asleep. Scarlett's almost 2 and a half and she's never slept properly.

Thanks
    Reviews
    sonja: i always think u at like 3am and remember what u say about Scralett....u know i cant even remember how well H did with the sleep and settle b4 we dropped the bundle when i went to work, other ppl started caring fro him a nd then the constant ear infections....i wont be able to stay at my dads for a few weeks as im too polite to have a baby screaming at 3am at someone else house. they do have earplugs tho.... my step mum says she doesnt care cos she partly deaf and cant haer much at night without the hearing aids . its stressful enuf doing settling let alone worrying whether u are waking up a household,maybe i will just not stay there for quite a while...i know H is a determind boy (probbaly like scarlett) but i beleive we can get him to sleep thru....however ive learnt that we just have to never deviate from it with him as any little change seems to set him back. i agree, the poor sleep is really the only "negative" parenting thing i have found....occsaionlly i wish for a few extra me hours in the day just to get $hit done but hey..ive decided to get a cleaner in soon, i refuse to spend my one day off a fortnight (soon) on cleaning the friigin house...stuff the $$$ (actually i also have really hated housewrok since H was born, i could do it if i had no interruptions but now its a constant annoyance for me and im a very messy person ).

well i know H is clingy now, i left for my sat job this morning and even tho DH was up he screamed at the top of the staricase as i left....poor baby, he cried yesterday at daycare too....god i sometimes wonder "is this doing psychological damage"?.....

ooooohhhhh la de dah im off to the opera tonight ....how posh!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    JFB - enjoy the opera tonight!! Very flash - getting dressed up all swish like???? )

Kel - S was cute this morning and finally when we asked where the baby is, pointed to my tummy. Didn't expect this, but shows he's definitely taking in more than we realise.

Sonja - got the wraps back thanks. Love your new photo. Ahhh - the kidlets are growing up!

We used SOS a bit for S in regards to loosely following routines when he was a bit older, and also the initial getting him to sleep. We do tend to let him cry it out a bit, but only if he has moments in between where he is quiet. Once he starts getting hysterical, then there is really no point. We have been pretty lucky with him though, and only rarely or for a few days at a time have him awake at night for an hour or so. He was cute last night, he was coughing quite a bit, so i popped in to see if I could get the quilt back on him, and he woke up, and sat up. I asked him if he wanted a drink and I gave him his bottle of water and he cuddled into it and fell asleep again!!
    Well, S is still teething, but I think we are under a bit more control than before. i am seeing when his teeth start to hurt and get the nurofen into him and then he's happy as larry. We still have mass tanties and screaming matches during some days when he feels mega frustrated, but we are getting there.
    I can't believe I am 30 weeks today! Where did THAT time go?? Got out to the shops and started buying up maternity pads and things, and I think it would be prudent for me to pack a bag soon. I am managing my GD really well, and will have another growth scan at 36 weeks, then we work out when this baby comes. I will most probably be getting induced earlier than my due date. Looks like this one's noggin is going to be bigger than S's, and also heavier, but S was little at 3.0 kgs.
    We have finally settled on a couple of boys and girls names, but yes, I agree, boys names are harder to agree on I think.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi, I am not pg so unfortunately I can't stay here, I've been hanging out on IVF threads for the last 2 mnths & thought I'd look for to focus on something more positive like DD 1yr - just popped in here congratulations on your pregnancies it is so encouraging to see how many of you have persevered through IVF, so happy for you all, thanks for inspiring me to believe it can happen again for me. Also I have just got my DD to sleep through the night too, she was still having 2 full bottles just last month so it's a miracle.

Thanks
    Reviews
    hi

opera was great, excpet i started falling asleep by 9.30pm becuase i NEVER stay up tht late now.

nesika: u are more than weclome in here, most of us werent pg here a while back, some are and some arent but we are all mums to bubs around 1-2 yr old generally and have been or are trying for number 2.

MG: i know i saw your ticker the other day and thought OMG.....i have about 20 boys names on the go, i just pick anything that i vaugely like and put it down. i prefer traditional names for boys generally. i have a few faves that im sure DH will poo poo.

nessie: how is your mum?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Hi gorgeous girls

A quickie from me today as I have Ash clawing at me

Mum is rapidly deteriorating Im spending most of my time with her, thank god DH came home yesterday. I just pray this is over for her soon, as much as it will devastate me IYWIM.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 17/10/14100 Posts in a week
    Oh Lochie sending you lots of no amount of words can makes watching your mum go through this less painful, but I am thinking of you and hope too this passes soon.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Nessie - know I'm thinking of you. Xxx biggest hugs to you. What a terrible time for you.

Sent from my iPhone using Bub Hub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Nessie - lots of coming your way. Awful time for everyone, it's not fair how these things go. We are all thinking of you.