Closed Thread
Page 100 of 128 FirstFirst ... 50909899100101102110 ... LastLast
Results 991 to 1,000 of 1274
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Hi girls

Alittle - I forgot to say congrats on the two lines.......sounds like you are on your way.

Hope you all have a fab weekend

Thanks
    Reviews
    Kismet, Mitchell started having milk in a sippy cup from about 15 months, He stopped having one before his day sleep at around 18 months, but did always still have milk when he got out the bath (around 5.30- so before dinner) as it was easier to dress him if he was drinking. He is now 2.5, and similar to evie in that he is tiny- only 10.8kg at 30 months, he was only having about an inch of milk in a normal cup up until a week or so ago when I have cut it out altogether. I've minly cut it out to try and encourage him to eat more food instead of filling up on milk...but so far it isn't working he still eats like a sparrow...

Spot, I'm so so happy for you xxxx

Hi to everyone else

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Grace & Aluttle, congratulations!
    to everyone
    Ok starting to get my head around the idea of having a baby ACTUALLY arrive.... I know I still have ages ... But the questions begin!!
    Did you use a bassinet, or did any of you go straight to a cot? In your room or in a nursery ... Pros & cons.
    Also cloth nappies ... Pros and cons.
    I think I know what I will do in regards to all of the above q's but thought I would ask your advice / experiences.

Feel free to add in any preggo tips or preparing for baby tips

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 17/10/14100 Posts in a week
    Fiona - with all 3 kids we had them in our room for the first 3 months. I had caesarians so I found having them close by made night feeds a lots easier. I also found it comforting to be able to hear them. Cons are definitely that you can hear them! Babies make a lot of noise and it would often keep me awake. Also I think it was good to move them into their own room so I didn't get up every time they made a squeak. But the move to their own room can be emotional (for the mum) and I tended to put it off and put it off, but once it was done I loved reclaiming my bedroom for myself and DH.

We did disposable nappies - I was interested in cloth but as we lived in Melbourne with the first 2 where it always rained I didn't want to be surrounded by drying nappies inside the house. And every brand I read about had issues so I could never decide which one I would go for. There's a section in bubhub on MCN and I'm sure you'll find a lot of helpful info there.

If I have any great ideas re preparation I'll let you know, but nothing comes to mind that was particularly out of the box.

Kismet neither of the girls had bottles after 1 so I can't answer. Marc has a bottle at bedtime which we sometimes top him up with a little from overnight if I'm too tired to get up to him. I have a feeling he'll continue to have the bottle at bedtime after he's weaned (which will be once he's over 12 months) as he really enjoys it. He doesn't have one any other time of day. None of my kids are fans of cow's milk at all, although recently Lucy has started to ask for a glass of milk with dinner.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Fiona. I've done both. We had Ruby in the cot in her own room to begin with. But Henry is in a bassinet in our room. I much prefer the bassinet in our room. Unless your baby is a great sleeper you find yourself in and out of there room all the time. And sometimes they can be unsettled for hours. The worst thing is just getting back into bed for the 12th time and after 3 min the baby wakes up again and you trudge into their room. With Henry in our room I can just cuddle him in bed in comfort watching Telly if I want until he's settled then put him in the bassinet. I can rock it without having to get out of bed. I'm finding it much less stressful

We've always used disposables so I can't comment on mcn. A lot of people swear by them. I couldn't handle any more washing

Thanks
    Reviews
    fiona: bassinet for the first 6 months in our room....
    disposable....i have so much washing as is couldnt bear it and babies poo sooooooooooo much.... my bff bought some mcn but i notice she doesnt really use them much now

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi girls

Fiona - With Jett we had him in our room in a bassinet for the first 2 weeks but he was soooooooooo noisy i ended up puting him in his cot in his room.

With Kade he went straight into his cot in his room (i was more relaxed 2nd time round) and we use disposable nappies all the time, like Jfb i have so much washing don't need any extra......

The only thing i have done differently with the boys is Kade has a radio on in his room when he is in bed......babies like some noise, it's only on low but it helps with drowning out general household noise and you don't need to walk around on tippy toe while they are asleep...big mistake i made with Jett....

Hello to everyone, hope you all have a great day

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 17/10/14100 Posts in a week
    Fiona

With mcn I know a lot of mums start with disposables and move to mcn once their babies are beyond newborn. I found I changed fewer nappies with Marc than I did with lucy as I was better at judging when I really needed to by the time he came along. A lot of twin mummies swear by them so it's like most things I expect once you're used to them and the washing you prob wouldn't notice.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Poop, did a big post last night and lost it...really hate that.

Fiona - I had evie in a bassinett right next to my bed until 13 weeks, as it was winter & bfed and I had the bedroom at a nice temp during the night for when I had to get up and feed her, I also had her change table set up in my room. I barely left the bedroom at night even when she played up bcs I wanted her to learn it was night time. I often rocked the bassinett without getting out of bed too (sometimes I think a bit too much but oh well). Anyway I liked having her near me, however she made loads of noises like farting, gurgling, snorting and some other weird ones but I soon got use to earplugs, don't worry I still heard her cry they just drowned out other noises a bit, I thoroughly recommend them for hosi to drown out the night time noises nurses make and buzzers going on and off. I usually didn't have a problem going back to sleep after feeds despite being a poor sleeper at the best of times, was so tired I think I was half asleep when I fed her most times anyway. I suppose it didn't matter too much she was in my room bcs I'm on my own anyway so would imagine it might be a bit awkward with dh being there too, but hey shouldn't they share the sleepless nights too!. Moving her into a cot was emotional for me too even though her room is next to mine I slept on a mattress on her floor for a few days to make sure she was settling in the cot ok, then i missed her being next to me at first but soon got over that. You will need nipple cream if bfeeding, forget what it's called, something like lansilo. I also got fitted for maternity bras at around 19 weeks but was told I should have done it earlier bcs I have big knockers but I didn't use them at first when Evie was born, had to let my boobs settle down so wore maternity singlets and a shelf top in them, they are so comfy.
    As for being pregnant, I loved every minute of it so enjoy it while you can now your sickness has gone, it goes so fast especially once you are 1/2 way. Rest when you can in the later stages. I continued with acupuncture during my pregnancy, found it very theraputic and relaxing, always felt great after a session. If you like to read all about everything, I recommend a book called Save Our Sleep by Tizzie Hall, I wish I had read it before bub arrived bcs I found it very useful and wished I had known some of the stuff in it beforehand, I used it as a guide, didn't follow everything in it but what I did follow helped. I also had a good pregnancy book called the Pregnancy Bible, written by an aussie ob.
    I always used disposables (bad for the environment I know), I found mcn's rather expensive and thought if I don't like using them it would be a waste of money, plus the extra washing wasn't something I looked forward to either, I did however use some old fashioned style cloth nappies for spew rags, they came in very handy sometimes. I guess the nappies are about choice/convenience & what suits you, I have heard some people rave about the mcn's. If evie wears a dress I put on fancy knickers on over her nappy bcs I think it's cute.
    Oh and as for carseats, I had a motherschoice one which turned out to be a heap of crap (was trying to save some $$) and ended up getting a safe and sound one which are usually recommended anyway which I should have listened too.

Afu - good lord my family is driving my bonkers, some of them are so frikken touchy, it's ridiculous. I seem to always be the peace keeper and I'm farkin over it. Sorry for whinge.
    I have to get Evie's 18mth shots, has anyone noticed any side affects with this one?

Thanks
    Reviews
    no s/e kismet, its just chicken pox isnt it?

i agree with the carseat...i got the safe and sound and then later a ss maxi rider, really good, we need alot of car seats due to travelling, dh's shifts and we got a motherchoice one for grandpatrents but yeh its crap....when it comes to safety i def do not try and save $$$

yes the old cloth nappies i used heaps for covering the change mat and still do

i also recommend a special tummy time mat as ds hated tummy time but at least this gave him some support, and one of those playmats that babies look up used it heaps for 6 months, when in the shower etc, a baby bath support (saves your back). a fin heater for babys room in the winter to take the chill off the air too.

i would always get up and watch tele when bfing ..we have a combustion fire and it was winter....mmm maybe we should get another tele for the bedroom tho