+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    there's 22 years between me an DP!!

I am 23 and he is 45!! We havn't really had any negative comments (not to our face anyway) we do get some weird looks in public, coz we look like father and daughter i guess! haha! I really don't care! They don't know us or our situation! Both of our families have been really supportive even his kids, (2 of which are older than me). I think the only one who hasn't been is his ex, but i couldn't care less about her!! As many pp have said we don't even notice the age gap when we are together! We love each other and are very happy together which is all that matters!!

It's sad about your friends!! I lost my friends as well but it was before i got with dp. (bad breakup with ex and friends took sides! decided that they weren't really my friends so i think good riddance) but it still does hurt when you lose good friends! I can sympathise with you on that one!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    My best friend was 31 when she was dating a 19 year old. They were together for 2 years and madly in love. He instigated the whole thing. They split up because he wanted to settle down and have kids and she just wanted to party. Lol. So just because someone is older doesn't mean they're the more mature one

Thanks
    Reviews
    My boyfriend is 7 years older then me.
    Plus I am 25 but look about only 21.
    I prefer guys a few years older then me cuz guys my age are totally immature.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by lovemybubbas View Post
    there's 22 years between me an DP!!

I am 23 and he is 45!! We havn't really had any negative comments (not to our face anyway) we do get some weird looks in public, coz we look like father and daughter i guess! haha! I really don't care! They don't know us or our situation! Both of our families have been really supportive even his kids, (2 of which are older than me). I think the only one who hasn't been is his ex, but i couldn't care less about her!! As many pp have said we don't even notice the age gap when we are together! We love each other and are very happy together which is all that matters!!

It's sad about your friends!! I lost my friends as well but it was before i got with dp. (bad breakup with ex and friends took sides! decided that they weren't really my friends so i think good riddance) but it still does hurt when you lose good friends! I can sympathise with you on that one!
    What is that? Lol I lost all my friends at the end of last year when me and ex hub had a bad split, why do they feel they have to take sides.. Mine decided it was even fit to say awful things to me in emails and spread gossip amongst each other, like it is any of their business! grr

However the joke is on them, me and ex hub are getting really close again and looking towards working through our problems properly with counselling etc, and bring our family back together. The last two that started having a go at me out of the blue over our marriage and take his side got a mouth ful back from me and him and deleted out of both our lives, bet they didn't see that one coming!

Who cares what the age gap is? Given you are both adults and enjoy each other, who gives a crap what childish crap people want to push on you. Its their problem Make new friends, better friends!

Thanks
    Reviews
    DF is 7years older, 22 and 29. I got a few comments initially and he looks a bit older with his forehead crease, unshaven and thinning out already ontop lol. But he looks 20 when shaven. It doesn't matter, I don't think it's much at all. My sister is 14years older than me and her husband is younger than my partner lol. Think he's 24.

I personally think if your a mature adult, the age doesn't matter. I would have reserves about myself dating someone my fathers age BUT I know two married couples where the man had a kid older than the wife. These married couples are great together and glad they found eachother.

but I knew a couple where she was 20, he was 45 and had children older than her and she deliberately fell pregnant against his will to keep him. Aparently they were just f buddies initially. Their situation was crap, she was very immature and she played mind games. So it depends on the situation I guess.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm 20 and DF is 39... Our age gap is pretty large but noone really notices. Most people think I'm in my early to mid 20s and that he's in his late 20s... We have fun mucking around with shop assistants with them trying to work out how old we are.

Our families disapproved straight away, my family calmed down a bit after a couple of months of us moving in together. I was happy and healthy and that's all they wanted although naturally they were vary wary... Especially when I fell pregnant last year. Now we have our first and his family are now acknowledging that I do exist.

It's not easy having a big age gap but if you're happy and head over heels in love with your partner than go for it. The key is not to let other people get you down or make you question your relationship.

OJandMe is offline I am the strength my children will have.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    I'm 28 and my DH is 40. I had barely turned 19 when I met him and he was 31. It was the cause of loads of negativity for ages.... but here we are almost 10 years down the track and now all my family looks to US for advice on how a functional, supportive, loving marriage is supposed to work.

As long as you and your DH are happy together, everyone else will come around eventually... let time speak for itself.

LifeInShadesOfGrey is offline Just a little bit silly :)
    Winner 2012 - Best Username
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    My EXH was 11 and a bit years older then I am. My family didnt seem to mind after an adjustment period. Me, I didnt care =)

Now my DP is 2 years younger then me and I get more flack (jokingly) from people then I did with EXH.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    My man is 47 ..I am 32 we have been together for 8 years ..have a daughter who is 3..We have a great relationship..only rarely do we notice the age gap..I have never had anyone say anything harsh about it..I am a little concerned as we get older..say when he is 60 and I am in my 40's ..My uncle became a dad at 63 to a lovely 36 year old french girl!!
    Last edited by Maybelline; 30-04-2012 at 13:12.

Thanks
    Reviews
    It's funny that when your older like in your 50s/60s the age gaps seem less relevant, as long as both people are happy, and no ones being taken advantage of who cares