+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    DH is 10 years younger! We actually worked together for a few years before we got together so most of our friends had met at various parties and work functions and I sold his parents house so they liked me before we were a couple! ( his mum did confess that she breathed a sigh of releif when we had DS as that was their main concern that he wouldn't have kids ) there were one or two of our friends that were a bit skeptical but after 6 years, a baby and our own business there are no doubts!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    there is 15 years between me and my dh. there is also 10 years between me and his eldest child. the age gap between me and dh never came into the equation. it doesn't matter to us so we ignored anyone who thought it did. with dsd tho i have been careful to be a friend not a parent (unless the situation called for it) the stepkids already have a mother and i am not theirs. i did take on more of a big sister/babysitter role and let their father deal with the larger situations requiring discipline but i have seen that happens in a lot of stepparent relationships anyway.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    If it's working for you & you're happy, ignore the comments. My husband is only a year older than me, but I was with a 31 year old when I was 18. In the end though I wasn't happy (nothing to do with age) and I didn't want to end coz I didn't want to hear all the 'I told you so' comments. But I did leave him eventually.

An old colleague of mine was with a guy 10 years younger (she 29 & him 19) and they were absolutely smitten. In the time I knew them, they bought a house & were ttc (I'm sure by now they have at least 1 I haven't seen er for a couple of years) .... But you could tell they were absolutely in love.

Age IS just a number. Follow your heart.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to blissfulfairy For This Useful Post:

rachy82  (26-08-2011)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I think his mum was worried i wouldnt have any bubs to him as i already had 3 but ive always wanted a big family just thought id never have any more after my experience with my ex being a pretty slack father.
    I had alot of comments about the fact that my eldest daughter is closer in age to my DH then i am and that there is the 11yrs between MIL and myself which is the same between DH and i.
    I always forget about his age until i say something like oh i was at school such and such years ago and he only just left,lol but we just laugh about it.

Mischief is offline Love. Dream. Laugh. The shadows simply mean the sun is shining!
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Awards:
    Past Moderator - Thank You
    There are only 5 years difference between my husband and I. But we coped a lot of flack over that too, especially since I was 18 and he 23 when we married.

Mum and Dad have 20 years difference in age, and they have had a successful relationship for over 40 years.

Age is just a number. Its whats inside the counts!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    My hubby is 11 years older than me. We got together when I was 23 & he was 34. We're currently 27 & 38 & we've been happily married for almost 12 months with a two year old

We haven't really received any negative comments at all. I've only dated guys that were a few years older than me since school so most people weren't surprised when we got together! Most guys congratulate my hubby when they figure out that we're married & I'm not his younger sister or niece or something

The gap may seem big at the moment because he's still young, but in a few years it does close up & doesn't seem so "shocking" to people

Thanks
    Reviews
    My DH is 13 years older than me, and we've been together for 10 years. We've never had any negative comments, even when we met and got together when I was 16. I suppose people probably said things behind our backs but meh, I dont let it worry me. We're happy, have always been happy, and thats all we need to worry about.

Think of it this way - if you both were 30 or 40 years older, noone would bat an eyelid, so why should it matter now? I know people will make comments about him being so young etc but if he hooked up with a chick his own age and got her pregnant, would they still say the same things? Or would they just say well, you've made your choice, now make the best of it.

Life is too short and love is too precious to worry about other people's opinions. You know you're happy and in love, what else matters?

Thanks
    Reviews
    11 years gap between me and DH I don't even think about the age difference... I think I'm the luckiest girl in the world and I'm glad I met him when I did

Sent from my MB300 using Bubhub

Thanks
    Reviews
    I think the weirdest thing someone has said to us is when i was asked (by 2 different people) if i was his mum lol im quite young looking so i was shocked by this,everyone always assumes im 20 i still always get asked for ID and have had comments off people just the other week about kids having kids (lol made me laugh) i didnt even have the older ones with me just DS 3 and my big pregnant belly.

Thanks
    Reviews
    That's really sad about all your "friends"...

What a petty silly reason to cut you out and alienate you like that..

Grrr, people make me so angry sometimes..

I think its great you found someone you love so much