+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Thats how i think.Im quite young acting,lol,and my DH is really mature.Yeah he has lots to learn about being a father to my kids and is still studying for his career,but i still have alot to learn about being a mum and have yet to study for my career.We are so in love its just such a shame that people cant believe that instead of thinking im just being "a cougar" and hes just looking for "a ****". ive actually lost all my friends due to this and have moved away (would of anyway this just made it quicker) to start a new life with him.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by rachy82 View Post
    Our families have been very supportive especially his mum who we thought would have a problem cause he is so young and i already have 3 kids.But she said she prefers him with me who loves him,makes him happy and actually wants him to succeed in life unlike alot of girls his age.I just feel that if i was a man people would not be so negative.
    I had read your sig wrong and im like how is he so young? He is 29 but thats you

It doesnt matter. Seriously if your happy ignore people. My friend is 26 and her partner is 18, they have a kid. My other friend is 25 and her fiance is 39 (maybe 40 now?) and he has 1 child and together they have another 2.

They are happy, so they dont care about anyone. If people say negative comment they are probably just jealous that at 29 they couldnt bag an 18 year old

Thanks
    Reviews
    i get alot of comments about him throwing his life away i dont see how as we openly and honestly discussed everything before we made any plans about being together.Lol if we were just looking for a father figure for our kids and not love wouldnt we go for someone older who has everything instead of the other way around.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to rachy82 For This Useful Post:

RunningWithScissors  (25-08-2011)

Thanks
    Reviews
    lmao thats what my exs sister said that peole are just jeolous they couldnt bag a gorgeous 18yr old for themselves.Im glad to know im not the only older woman out there who has a much younger man.

Thanks
    Reviews
    But that would require stopping to think! Its much easier to just throw horrible comments out there LOL

Hahah I'm the immature one in our relationship too.. guess thats why it works

Yeah we still hear about how he has ruined his life, someone forgot to show us how that works because we have been happily married for almost 2 years!

My ex was rolling in cash, had his own business that was really successful...but I never saw 'forever' with him! with DH , I knew

dillydAlly is offline --> The most precious princess in all the land :D
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    My DF and I are 19 years apart Doesn't make one bit of difference.... I was always bought up with much older siblings so DF really suits my maturity level!

Don't worry about anyone else's opinion, at the end of the day, they aren't living your life....... as long as you and your OH are happy, that's all that matters

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by rachy82 View Post
    Pixie83- i was actually going to private message you because i saw the age difference between you and your DP.I dont have any friends who approve of us but all his friends do.
    hugs that your friends dont approve of your DP. what matters is that you both want to be together. there are only 2 people in your relationship, yourself and your partner, not your friends and others who disapprove. if we only did things in life that people approved of, we wouldnt find love or new dreams.

good luck to you guys and congrats on your little one on the way

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Myztiks#1Fan For This Useful Post:

rachy82  (26-08-2011)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Age is just a number, as long as both parties are on the same page who cares.

There is 6yrs between DH & I, i was 19 when we got together. Few people couldnt keep their mouths shut & said things they shouldnt have but its made no difference to us.
    Last edited by TripleTime; 25-08-2011 at 20:07.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    DH is 13 years older than me. We have never received any negative comments at all! But Im sure people have often thought or wondered behind our backs - why he never married before.... whats wrong with him?? and I must be a gold digger. (!!!)

We laugh and get along great, dont even notice the age difference. He looks fabulous for his age and is young at heart. It only really raised its head when choosing time to have kids. I would have done some more big travel together, we have done travel separate but not together, apart from holidays, but we had to have kids because of his age. We were going to pop out no2 quickly too but I have chosen to wait and that just has to be. Im allowed that I think.

My parents are very traditional and ahve never questioned a thing! And I think anyone else is just jealous! He still has more hair than most of my friends husbands / boyfriends who are far younger than him!

Thanks
    Reviews
    My partner is 3 and a bit yrs older so not a big deal but my oldest brother is 42, nearly 43(I think lol) and his gf just turned 23. They are awesome together