+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Booster seat question

My son is 5 (nearly 6) and weighs 27.9 kg. He is in a booster seat with a seat belt. His seat allows up to 28kg.
    I thought the law says children needs to be in a booster seat til 7 years.
    I don't mind him being in a booster seat but he is at the maximum weight so should I leave him in the booster pass the recommend weight or take him out???

Thanks
    Reviews
    Anyone has any suggestions

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm not sure what state your in but this is from RACVhttp://www.racv.com.au/wps/wcm/connect/internet/primary/road+safety/child+safety/child+restraints/the+law+and+standards+on+child+restraints
    My understanding would be that you no longer would have to use the booster seat according to weight, but I would go by height. As long as the seat belt sat correctly across their chest and not at all across the upper torso or neck I would think it would be ok not to use the booster...

Thanks
    Reviews
    He is 27.9kg and is 118cm tall. His booster takes up to 28kg but his seat can be adjusted for his height so his height is fine in the seat.

I'm just not sure if it's safe to keep him in his seat if he weighs more than the seat recommends??
    I really don't mind him being in the seat.
    Oh we are in qld

Thanks
    Reviews
    Is it safe to be in a booster seat over the weight limit of the seat but too young not to be in a booster??

Are there booster out there pass the 28kg limit??

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Half of kids being transported without safety seats

Half or more of the time that children are being transported by somebody other than their moms and dads, they are in significant danger. This is not because of the driving, but due to the fact that they are being driven without booster seats. As a parent we always want the safety of our children and it is more difficult when they are already going to school and picked up by a school bus. I guess they should always put a booster seat for the kids. I read it here: Half of kids being transported without safety seats

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I thought there were seats out now that have height limits not weight limits. Mine is turning 9 and not yet 20kg lol so we are at the opposite end, she has only been out of a 5pt harness for a few weeks.