+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Pearl Hobbes,

Just read your post, so sorry to hear that you are having such a tough time at the moment. I'm new to this whole donor egg idea as well but from my understanding if you decide to go down that path it means that there is no rush so that you can perhaps take a breather from all of this baby stuff, maybe that would be a good idea for both of you at the moment. I generally go to the gym to get my frustrations out, I do yoga/pilates/tai chi combined classes at the gym and they help me to loosen up and relax, it's amazing and I'm talking a cheapie but good gym at $15 a week. I go to Genesis.

I see that you have done some research into finding donors which is really good but DH is feeling a bit run down by everything. I have an idea which I'd like to put forward, I in fact have been thinking about trying this for myself. Would you mind if I sent you a personal message (I think that's how it works here, you can send a one on one message)?

Meantime, try to relax and take it easy. I'm trying to keep positive myself, always thinking that there is a solution.

Have a great weekend, everyone.
    Drea

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Pisces,
    Just wondering, I'm a bit confused. Were you a donor or a recipient? Are you caucasian? I may be after an Asian donor pretty soon.
    Thanks mate.
    Andrea

Thanks
    Reviews
    Dragonflyblu, i have just returned from the USA - Los Angeles and have found my fertility clinic and egg donor centre, i found doing this all on the net to difficult i needed to see these centres face to face so i went alone and had my appointments the USA have alot of tests they need you to have and they screen their donors very well, selecting a donor (i would recommond you find your fertility dr first and ask who they recommend) then get in touch with them you can pull up their donors on line and have a look at them - it tells you their age, height, eye and hair colour, education, likes/dislikes/interests/medical history etc - most websites allow you to do a search - say you want blonde/blue eyes/brown hair you can put this in and it will bring up all who match - that way the child will look like your own bio child might if that matters
    the drs in the states told me to select your donor go for under 28yrs, previous donors with higher than 15 eggs collected and large number fertilized and resulted in pregnancy but off cause this means they are paid more. it is very expensive some clinics have a % money back system if you dont get pregnant, you also should make sure they will freeze any embro's you have left - all 3 i saw said defin.would but i have been told some dont
    i hope this helps you a little, we are going back hopefully in Feb/March 2012 for our first (hopefully it'll work) go, good luck with your search and descision i know its a hard one

Thanks
    Reviews
    should add you can have all your blood tests/ultra sounds extra back here - for cost reasons

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by kjt2003 View Post
    Dragonflyblu, i have just returned from the USA - Los Angeles and have found my fertility clinic and egg donor centre, i found doing this all on the net to difficult i needed to see these centres face to face so i went alone and had my appointments the USA have alot of tests they need you to have and they screen their donors very well, selecting a donor (i would recommond you find your fertility dr first and ask who they recommend) then get in touch with them you can pull up their donors on line and have a look at them - it tells you their age, height, eye and hair colour, education, likes/dislikes/interests/medical history etc - most websites allow you to do a search - say you want blonde/blue eyes/brown hair you can put this in and it will bring up all who match - that way the child will look like your own bio child might if that matters
    the drs in the states told me to select your donor go for under 28yrs, previous donors with higher than 15 eggs collected and large number fertilized and resulted in pregnancy but off cause this means they are paid more. it is very expensive some clinics have a % money back system if you dont get pregnant, you also should make sure they will freeze any embro's you have left - all 3 i saw said defin.would but i have been told some dont
    i hope this helps you a little, we are going back hopefully in Feb/March 2012 for our first (hopefully it'll work) go, good luck with your search and descision i know its a hard one
    Hi - I'm a new member, have been through a number of failed DE cycles in Australia and I'm looking at overseas options. I'm quite interested in the USA but I have no idea where to start looking, would you mind sharing your experiences with me - I don't have the resources to go over to check out clinics and donor egg agencies, I have to decide here and just go for it.

Thanks for any information you can give me!

F4

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hiya,

I'm with you, Fantastic4, I am doing cycles with my own eggs and am about to do my final cycle. After this we will be looking seriously into going abroad and the States is our first choice. Any info anyone could provide us with would be terrific.

Ta, have a good weekend everyone!
    Andrea

Thanks
    Reviews
    Sorry ive taken so long coming back to you on this - ive been having all my tests for next yr and trying to settle on a donor which we have and secured her for next year woohoo and yes it's expensive in the states but i was more comfortable going there if i have to go back by myself for further treatments if first does not work. also i really like the fact that you see photos of them as children and adults and you can narrow your search ie - if you want white/asian/african american you can put that into your search and it will show you who is available to fit that criticia

i have no problems answering your questions - first the ivf centres here arent aloud under the new laws to steer us to o/seas centres i wont even start on these new laws arghhhh is all i'll say.

i will be going through Beverly Hills Egg Donation (recommended by my USA dr - they are in LA) the cost is quite expensive but after yrs of trying here we will do what we have to . the fee for the agency is $6800 and an egg donor is between $6000-$9500 the more cycles they have done and the higher the academics (sp) the more they get paid but when selecting your donor my usa dr said look at someone who is under 28, prior donor with greater than 15 eggs collected (i added higher number of embyros from that donation as well) and a pregnancy from that donation. if you are selecting a donor try to stay local to the drs surgery other wise you have to pay travel which is $3,000 approx on top.

i'll give you some links to websites at the bottom.

i went to the states and meet with 3 drs and are going with the first dr i saw - Dr David Tourgeman - from Huntington reproduction centre (HRC) i found it great on the face to face meeting and he has been brillant since i got home any questions he always comes back to me with the day (allowing for the time diff) they have 3 options a 1 cycle option which is about $9500(plus $8815 to cover all screening, meds etc for both you and your donor and 1yrs storage of frozen embryos) option for 2 cycles is about $12,500 plus the $8815 as above and then theres the money back 3 cycle option which is $24K plus the $8815 but if your not pregnant after the 3 attempts and you have used all embyros then they will give you back 90% but bare in mind you pay the $24k for the dr but you still have to pay for an egg donor x 3 and the $8815 x3 (i think on the $8815) we are going option 1. if not pregnant on first attempt you can pay $3500 to have a frozen embryo cycle and its about $700/yr to keep the embyros frozen. its pretty much the same sort of costs for the 3 i saw.

i also went and saw Dr Ringler at California Fert Centre and found he was great as well his centre was lovely and very professionaly as well he was our 2nd choice.

the 3rd Dr was Dr Sahakian from Pacific Fert Centre - ok honestly i did a phone consult before i went to the states and i was like mmmm is this a scam he did say something i thought was a bit wrong for a fert dr but when i meant with him face to face he was totally different very professional, nice very busy centre but i found him a bit abrupt and very to the point - he was my least favourite lol the cost here was about $38K

all 3 centres were in LA i figure getting to LA for future treatments would be the easiest and cheapest and a direct flight.

ok so some contacts

HRC (our drs) website - http://www.havingbabies.com/
    Dr Tourgeman email - tourgeman@havingbabies.com
    Rishona rishonat@havingbabies.com - she's his nurse practioner and ivf co-ordinator and should be able to steer you to who could help your initial inquiry

Beverly Hills Egg Donation (Dr T's recommended)
    web address http://www.bhed.com/
    Robyn Perchik robyn@bhed.com

other centres our 2nd choice was Dr Ringler - http://www.californiafertilitypartners.com/contact.php

and the 3rd one Dr Sahakian
    http://www.pfcla.com/

Egg donor centres
    www.bhed.com
    www.giftedjourneys.com
    www.eggdonation.com

i had been looking at mircles inc (egg donation) but all 3 ivf centres said they're in a bit of trouble and to stay clear.

if you have skype all will do a phone consult as well
    Last edited by kjt2003; 25-10-2011 at 11:22. Reason: added additional info

Thanks
    Reviews
    i donated in Bangkok as a donor although i am caucasian ( my mother is malaysian and father is scottish but i am white as a ghost). I donated there as i have reached my 10 family limit to donate to so a melbourne couple and myself went over there to do a cycle.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Karen,
    Thank you so much for your post, I have replied to you in a message. All the very very best to you and hubby.
    Andrea xo

Thanks
    Reviews
    G'Day Pisces,
    Thanks for the reply, I am of similar background to you, half Malaysian (Chinese/Malay father) and half British/French (English, Irish and French Mother). Would you be able to point me in the right direction so far as how to find an Asian/Eurasian donor in Melbourne or somewhere else in Australia? We are thinking of going over to America to do the donor thing but obviously it would be fantastic if we could avoid the cost and all if we could find someone here.
    Thanks for your post, Pisces.
    Andrea xo