+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 52 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Mammalinz, I would stick with my FS if I needed continued treatment too, your clinic must do the whole shebang! That’s the first time I’ve heard of someone having treatments once they’re pregnant, can I ask about that or shall I mind my own business? I felt like I’d been cut loose as soon as I got my BFP.
    My FS did refer me to an ob associated with the clinic which I was keen to pursue but as we were going public he couldn’t see us. Mater Mother’s is a hospital in Brisbane, they have a private and public hospital (which is why the public hospital don’t have private rooms!), a neo-natal care unit and children’s hospital all pretty much in one spot, so they’re all about the bubba’s really!
    Where will you be bringing your little one into the world?
    We will be finding out the sex on 27 Oct - everyone is referring to 'her' so, while we're happy either way, I'd like to stop feeling like we're having a daughter if it turns out to be a son, if that makes sense? I always said I'd like boys but I'm also convinced we're having a girl, I absolutely nothing to back up that theory!

Thanks
    Reviews
    LizzieG - Of course you can ask! I am considered high risk - due to my age, and i had threatened MC at the start (my gosh how did I make it this far! ). Additionally I am at risk of DVT? blood clots - so I am on daily clexane injections and asprin (blood thinners). I am just so grateful to be pregnant, Ill do whatever is necessary to keep this journey going... The clinic (however) cut me loose as soon as i got my BFP!
    I think it is lovely you have found a place to birth that is all about the bubba, nice .

My daughter (I love saying that) will be born in Melbourne at The Freemasons.
    How exciting you will be finding out the birth on the 27th? exactly one month away... are you excited. I found that to be the best part so far... i went out the next day and bought a little outfit - first baby purchase!
    I totally get what you mean about wanting to know either way re: sex of bub. With my first child, i wanted a daughter, but I found out at 20 weeks I was having a son. Knowing the truth of the matter, made it easy to get my head around it. When my son arrived, i was thrilled as I had mentally switched over. I am so in love with my son, i was hoping for another boy... cause i think i 'get,' boys (now!). How lucky am I, now i get to learn all about having a girl. I love it... it will be so good for me. Besides, my son wanted a sister.. so we are all happy . I am with you sister, it is good to know!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Roll call

Mammalinz - 11th Jan 2012 – girl

Lizzie - 18th March 2012 - sex unknown

Lilwish - early June 2012 - 1 or 2 bubs???

Scans

Lilwish - 20 weeks - 27th Oct 2012

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi ladies

Well the cramps are driving me a bit crazy at the mo - not sure if fibroids getting cranky or bean settling in. Off to acup again today, so that should settle it a bit. Had a rough night with cramps and also DH snoring his head off - not normal but still getting over a cold. So tired today.
    I did the online calculator this morning, and it tells me I'm 5wks today! thought I was 3wks cos EPU was 3wks ago - forgot they take it from last AF. so beginning of organ formation apparently - how exciting! could explain cramps a bit too. Of course will all be confirmed by FS on 17th - another long 3wk wait! We can't wait to see the scan.

Mammalinz, I've made a couple of changes to roll call. I've changed my due date, and I'm not sure I'll be ready for another 20wk scan on 27th Oct next year...? Not sure what you were thinking then but put it down to baby brain

Roll call

Scans

Lilwish - 8 weeks - 17th Oct 2011

Thanks
    Reviews
    Births

Scans

Lilwish - 8 weeks - 17th Oct 2011
    LizzieG - 20 weeks - 27th Oct 2011
    Mammalinz - 32 weeks - 2nd Nov 11

Thanks
    Reviews
    Maybe it's a sign lilwish and Mammalinz has tapped into her psychic side, you could be on number two by then!! .. hold on, my brain can't fathom if that is even possible??

Do you guys get the pregnancy week to week email from babycentre.com.au? I try so hard not to read it in advance, it's my Sunday treat, I shout out to DH 'our baby has fingernails, it's so clever!!', Last week was 'our baby can frown and grimace, that's my child alright'!!

I love hearing you say 'my daughter' mammalinz, it sounds so real. 4 weeks tomorrow for us, and we just got our 28 week scan date (which is actually at week 33 so better see if that's a mistake or doesn't matter).

The 3 weeks will fly by lilwish, and when you hear that heartbeat, oh my gosh ....

I've just started getting the waking in the middle of the night and stressing about money, personal space and the state of our house and garden ... joy! It's all going to be fiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiine.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to LizzieG For This Useful Post:

lilwish  (28-09-2011)

Thanks
    Reviews
    LizzieG – Yeah I think my brain has turned to mush – hopefully I have the roll call sorted by now !! I tried to subscribe to the weekly email from babycentre = but nothing has arrived at my door step? How come your getting a 28 week scan? Huh?? Oh I am so confused… are you still getting a scan at 20 weeks – 27th Oct?

Lilwish – How are your cramps going, hoping your starting to feel better – it must be your eggie nestling in .. which is brilliant. I am sorry – I popped your name down on the roll call for Lizzie – my brain is not working at all

Siennaray – how you doing? You have been a little quiet – hope all is well. When is your bub due? Any scans up and coming … we can add you to our fabulous roll call. Your going to get your 12 week scan results in a couple of days, that is great. That is funny you say you have popped out, I popped out early, also

Ladyjane – How are you at the moment, love to add you to our roll call, when are you due? And your 20 week scan…?

ATM – my daughter is doing summersaults in my tum tum and I am expanding like the red sea. My anxiety has FINALLY subsided re: being pregnant. Still not happy about the daily injections, but what are you going to do? Huh?

Thanks
    Reviews
    LizzieG, funny about mammlinz's psychic predictions... I'll only have given birth 4mths b4 so miracle to be 20wks again by then
    Thanks for the support. I've also been freaking out in the middle of the nt about money... trying to work out how we can get either pd maternity leave (don't know if I'll have enough hrs to meet requirements esp when they say no more than 8wks off at a time... we have 6wks school hols & not much work around before & after that for supply teachers! A bit unfair there.) or with the baby bonus combined income of less than $75000 - what if we're just over that? Can't believe we may miss out on either payment and get nothing!!! trying not to think about it but it's hard.

Mammalinz, don't worry about baby brain - you've got a great excuse! Glad the anxiety has finally subsided... wonder when mine will?? Pity about the injections but they must just be a part of daily routine by now...

Just a question for you all:
    When did yr belly start expanding? Mine has already exploded! It's only 5w2d!!! I tried putting on my most comfy jeans yesterday but could barely do them up. Couldn't sit in them with button done up, and by the end of the day couldn't even stand in them buttoned up! I don't know how I'm going to keep this secret if I have nothing to wear that fits and my belly keeps expanding this fast?! I've still have so much cramping (a lot last nt to keep me awake), just wondering if my belly's swollen from this???? surely can't be growing yet???

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm not sure why we have a 28 week scan, the doc just booked me in and I accepted. Maybe it's an age thing. We definitely still have the 20 week scan in 4 weeks today, w'hoo! My brain has already gone to mush, but it's been suggested pregnancy is just a valid excuse now and it's always been like this .. nice!

Lilwish I think I started to pop out quite early but I'm a fan of loose clothing so didn't have too much trouble dressing. I'm still ok in my normal clothes but there is a very definite bump under there! Have a chat with your doc if you're worried about it tho. Are you drinking lots of water?

Have you checked out the centrelink and family assistance websites? I think you have to have worked 330hours in the previous year with not more than 3 months out of work prior to bub's arrival, but don't quote me on that, and it's individual income of up to $150K before you are out of range. Are you sure that baby bonus threshold was combined under $75 and not individual? It is scarey tho isn't it, I'm just thinking that for the first 3 months we won't have time to spend money on anything other than essentials so we'll save up to have an ice cream and a bottle of fizz after that!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Liliwsh - oh I am so happy my anxiety has passed. I think once you get past the 20 week mark you can not help but relax a wee bit. Unfortunately for me, my belly exploded almost straight away, along with the rest of me! Now that I am five months pregnant, it is a bit of a struggle to ensure I do not continue to put on weight. I have started exercising 3-4 times per week and stopped all cakes, muffins, pizza – need I go on. Even though I have been getting incredibly large, it seems no one notice, oh your pregnant., people would say surprised. Either people are stupid or lying – nevertheless you don’t need to worry about what other people will say or think as either they don’t say anything or they simply do not think (hee hee)

LizzieG – I am booked in for a scan at 32 weeks. Seems a bit close to the bone if you ask me (hee hee). I have also been thinking about baby bonuses and maternity leave – ugh – Ill worry about that closer to the date – not much I can do now.